Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: make weapons build incarnon form through headshots and headshot kills too

VibingCat

Some weapons struggle at charging the incarnon form bar because enemies die instantly, especially at low levels. If every headshot kill gave a contribute, then this problem would be solved. I want to point out that this would be an addition, not a replacement, to the current mechanics, so that incarnon weapons become more useful when the enemies are weak. To keep things balanced, I would make non-kill headshots charge the bar 35% more slowly, while each headshot kill fills 20% of the whole bar.

I am curious to know what you guys think about this idea.

Edited by VibingCat
  • Like 1

The Incarnons we got now definitely want to be in SP to reliably use it’s incarnon form. Especially when i was doing Gammacor’s and i think Atomos’ Incarnon Challenges and i was getting very little charges because the enemy be instantly dead which made me go to SP to work on it. What you suggested would help the ease of use a lot. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2023-07-31 at 6:43 PM, VibingCat said:

Some weapons struggle at charging the incarnon form bar because enemies die instantly, especially at low levels. If every headshot kill gave a contribute, then this problem would be solved.

Incarnon weapons have been specifically nerfed to behave that way, originally they worked as you want.

Also I'm 60% confident that this nerf was done on purpose, DE has a long history of nerfing popular items.

4 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Incarnon weapons have been specifically nerfed to behave that way, originally they worked as you want.

Also I'm 60% confident that this nerf was done on purpose, DE has a long history of nerfing popular items.

This nerf caused such a huge unbalance between incarnon weapons, there are some you can charge in a few seconds and others that require several minutes. I think it's quite unreasonable.

• Like 1

I don't really care about the mechanic.  I wish it hadn't been a sneaky large scale nerf disguised as a Torid bugfix, but in a way I appreciate that most Incarnons were made less useful against low level targets. 

But if they're going to keep it the way it is--and there's been no indication of them doing otherwise--I wish they would rebalance the charge requirements so that a few weapons weren't inordinately hard or easy to Incarnononanate.  

• Like 2