Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Cipher Usage & Break Narmer Function Loss (Resolved)

[DE]Juice

Tenno,

We are seeing an issue where players will lose functionality if they rapidly try to use ciphers during a hacking sequence. This can be avoided by pressing the button or key for a cipher only once.

We are also seeing an issue where some players may lose functionality after accessing the cameras in Break Narmer missions. This can result in Kahl being unable to fully function. Due to the nature of the issue, the Prison Break Murex mission should remain unaffected.

Rest assured we are aware of these issues and are planning to have fixes out as soon as we can. We will update here once we have fixed the issues.

Thank you!

EDIT: These issues have been fixed in Echoes of Duviri Hotfix #2. Thank you!

• Like 12

Why not offer a game-wide fix for when this issue of loss of functionality occurs? Make it a text command similar to /unstuck.

I just now encountered it with Jackal in Undercroft, and encountered it way too frequently back when I was running eidolons for the first time along with it ruining numerous other gamemodes including but not limited to Arbitrations, ciphers and Disruption. Needing to permanently die in order to fix the issue is annoying to go through every single time this occurs which can include bricking the mission you are in. There really needs to be a better approach for this nasty bug/result that has plagued Warframe for YEARS.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, [DE]Juice said:

Tenno,

We are seeing an issue where players will lose functionality if they rapidly try to use ciphers during a hacking sequence. This can be avoided by pressing the button or key for a cipher only once.

We are also seeing an issue where some players may lose functionality after accessing the cameras in Break Narmer missions. This can result in Kahl being unable to fully function. Due to the nature of the issue, the Prison Break Murex mission should remain unaffected.

Rest assured we are aware of these issues and are planning to have fixes out as soon as we can. We will update here once we have fixed the issues.

Thank you!

This is the gamepad issue? You need to assign a SIAPI action to the Camera's "A button" interaction, which currently isn't mapped. Also, DONT FORGET TO ADD A "B BUTTON" since else we won't be able to close the camera feed!

49 minutes ago, [DE]Juice said:

Is this at all related to the issue where the camera will always reset to a straight-on behind-the-player position? Because that always makes me feel like it gives me a crick in my neck.

• Like 2

One of the most irritating issues ever tbh. It’s a habit to just cipher a hack and I am using styanax with his broken augment so being killed is not an option lol. Sucks having to reset the game every few mins… And just logged back in and I lose my Zanuka Beacon! :( I needed those pigments for my research and now am unable to finish it. 

Edited by (XBOX)A Cute Kitti

I've found a way out of the softlock, unreliable and inconsistent in how long it takes. Holding down the "Quick Progress View" key on the keyboard then spamming the "Gear Wheel/Decrees" key seems to somehow send an input. The top of the screen flashes for a moment and vanishes, like the game is attempting to open the progress screen but failing. Eventually, no telling how long it takes, the softlock ends and the hack completes.

I'm assuming that somehow the Quick Progress View + Gear Wheel keys are inputting the spacebar input even though the wheel, and the spacebar both do not function by themselves??

5 hours ago, Pakaku said:

Is this at all related to the issue where the camera will always reset to a straight-on behind-the-player position? Because that always makes me feel like it gives me a crick in my neck.

I was wondering what was going on with that; My fiancee had the same thing happen today during the MR17 test, but I couldn't figure out what caused it.

It always looked directly behind her at the start, so she ran off the edge a few times. But I always thought the camera was supposed to be facing forward at the start for the tests.

I can confirm I just got this issue in Sneaky Sneak on Steam Deck (latest update on deck and game) with new default controls: upon interacting with the camera, no buttons other than pan controls work. Had to force quit the game through the Steam button, the only one that worked. 

On 2023-08-01 at 12:33 PM, [DE]Juice said:

These issues have been fixed in Echoes of Duviri Hotfix #2. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-08-06 at 2:41 PM, PhysicsQuandry said:

I can confirm I just got this issue in Sneaky Sneak on Steam Deck (latest update on deck and game) with new default controls: upon interacting with the camera, no buttons other than pan controls work. Had to force quit the game through the Steam button, the only one that worked. 

Just a note that this is still broken. 

• Like 1

On 2023-08-06 at 1:41 PM, PhysicsQuandry said:

Hold STEAM button and press left-trigger to invoke mouse-right-click. This should help you exit out of narmer security cams and allow you to exit mission from menu. The issue at focus of this thread appears to be a 'gameplay bug', strictly speaking, whereas the issue we're experiencing is an 'input issue' that DE has yet to fix. You can workaround the issue by disallowing Warframe from using SIAPI.

Edited by Nuanulla