Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help with eidolon hunting

SomeDepressedPotato

Question

6 answers to this question

Define what your parameters are for "beginner friendly" because that can vary quite a bit in this game.

Personally, I would say that a beginner should probably avoid Eidolon hunting as primary damage dealer (which is what Volt is for) and also avoid hunting solo entirely, and instead focus on one of the multiple support roles involved with squad based Eidolon hunting.

For example, the lure wrangler. Taking Trinity (ideal) or Oberon (just two examples for this role), you're the one who zips around the map with your archwing and scoops up the Eidolon Lures. You are also responsible for hunting down Vommies (be it near the Eidolon, or as you're flying around rounding up lures) to charge the lures up. Your frame needs to be one that is capable of healing and/or protecting the lures, so they don't get destroyed by the Eidolon nor Vommies.

By playing a supporting role, you can more easily contribute to the team with less investment in your loadout, while you progress in the rest of the game between hunts. Speaking as a career supporter myself, I have found that most people are appreciative of the help (especially the Volt players).

If you're adamant about going directly to the primary damage dealer role, however, you'll have to wait for someone else to help you. I'm not familiar with the role, because I've no interest in performing it. I either support, or run the hunts solo. Solo hunting is its own thing entirely, requiring different gameplay and significantly more investment (you basically have to be in endgame to do it effectively).

• Like 2

As previously said you'd not have enough power and damage to hunt trilodons but could focus on the single capture bounty. If trilodons just get lures and learn to charge them.

Some peeves: don't obstruct shots. If using another's shield, approach from away from the eido so lures are behind you or lock them in place near but not in the way.

Pet should not have vacuum.

Pay attention to # of lures and if no ine is shooting don't shoot. You need 3-4-3 lures for the tricap.

Don't have too many lures. You only need one charged. Then accumulate in last stage to go into next eido with at least one extra charged. See previous 3-4-3 comment

If you can, before a lure is charged go mark the eido and take down shields to get voms to start spawning

Don't AoE after last stage with lures in train. You may inadvertently kill the eido. No bueno.

Necramech with arquebex for final capture will help you alone.

PriWeapon-radiation

SecWeapon-radiation

Melee-electical for voms

Frame-volt

Companion-wyrm with stat augment 

Operator - work towards molt augmented and magus repair, get the amp arcane adapter from cavalero as well and 177 amp from little duck.

Lots of achievements to accomplish.

Also madurai focus school maxxed if possible with void strike.

It will take time. Take your time. For reference my first teralyst capture took ~40 min solo with the mote amp lol. It takes time and every run is a lesson learned. There are many helpful videos out there.

you get your first amp for FREE once you have Operator.

just visit the Quills and you will get the Mote Amp.

its simple, prebuilt and works fine for zapping stuff.

weapon wise for eilions you want a rifle to maybe a sniper rifle. 

range, accuray and high damage, as you need to hit specfic parts on their body to hurt them and they have naassty aoe skills and attacks.

pile on as much defesne as you can on your frame.

Edited by ShadowStarx1

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Pet should not have vacuum.

Vacuum doesn't interfere with anything, so it doesn't matter if you leave it equipped.

Pay attention to # of lures and if no ine is shooting don't shoot. You need 3-4-3 lures for the tricap.

It's actually 2-3-3 for the three Eidolons. Terry has 4 synovia, while both Garry and Harry have 6 synovia. Each lure can tether 2 synovia.

Don't have too many lures. You only need one charged. Then accumulate in last stage to go into next eido with at least one extra charged.

Good advice for the lure wrangler. The reason for not holding excessive numbers of lures is because it makes charging them extremely difficult. If multiple lures are tethered to the same Vommie, they will prefer giving the Vommie's energy to the lure with the least charge. It's terrible design, but it is what it is.

I generally will recommend to people to only hold 50% extra lures. So 3-5-5. If you're running Trinity, however, you only need to hold the minimum 2-3-3, as she makes it essentially impossible for lures to be destroyed. Blessing is insane.

Edited by Hexerin

There are a few different ways for beginners to tackle Eidolons, depending on a few different factors. Like do you want to be more solo reliant, where you don't really like the idea of having to rely on others, or you are willing to take chances with PUG matchmaking, or you just generally play solo in Warframe, or are you willing to use recruiting chat, or do you have access to clan mates or friends and so team work is more of a factor? 

There are some other aspects to consider. For example, doing a Teralyst hunt, is very different from doing a Tridolon hunt (Teralyst is the first and easiest Eidolon, and there is a bounty thats just him by themselves, and also he is the Eidolon you generally find roaming POE at night in free roam). Also the idea of how much prep you might have to do. Where else are you in the game currently, since you may prefer to not only increase your MR, but in what state is your Focus school right now as well? Since developing your Focus schools paths, especially the Waybound Passives and Madurai, can very much assist in Eidolons. Its also a bit of a chicken and egg situation though, as Eidolons can also help you develop and upgrade your schools... Oh and just in case, Waybounds/Passives are the nodes in your Focus school that always work/are active no matter school you are in. They give passives like extra Health, Energy Regen, and so on. It just generally makes your Operator tougher/stronger, which helps a lot. 

For say, the Teralyst, you don't have to have everything unlocked, necessarily, but doing a Tridolon, having those things unlocked, makes them easier and faster. 

So in this sense, its totally your preference and choice. You can start doing Eidolons now, very much so, but also, that may not mean all of it will be easy, right now either. 

With that in mind, and still being a bit general, I would recommend you pick up the Rubico. I believe its MR6 weapon. Rubico Prime is generally the most popular, recommended Eidolon hunting weapon, but for MR reasons and starting off as a beginner, the normal version is adequate. There are reasons, that I won't go into too much detail, but you will want to build for Radiation, as thats what the Eidolons are generally weak to, also Crit Chance and Crit Damage, Multishot, Damage, so roughly speaking, your mod set up should be something like Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Critical Delay (or Point Strike), a Heat mod and an Electricity mode to make Radiation damage. Which generally leaves you with two open slots. Now... depending on where you are in your Warframe journey, mod set up can be different. For example, some people will have a Riven, some people will like Vile Acceleration to assist with combo building, that Snipers have, many Volt users won't need the electric mod, since you can have an ability that can give you that, thus giving you more Mod space, Vigilante Armaments is also a really good and popular choice. A few people like Hammer Shot. For a beginner, for now, I would say slot in whatever you have access to, so probably Vigilante Armaments maybe? Multishot is just generally very helpful here. 

As for Volt builds. I am not really sure what a beginner build looks like sorry. By the time I started using Volt for Eidolon hunts, I could already do a Tridolon run solo. I started off learning how to do Eidolons as Trinity, since not many PUB/PUG groups like to run a Trinity, and many weren't fast enough and Lures would get destroyed etc, people would die. I also thought using Trinity would help me observe and learn Eidolons better, since I wouldn't have to worry about dying, and thus could use my attention and brain to study their patterns and behaviour better. Plus Lures are important to getting the best rewards as well, so you either have to be so fast and good that they don't get destroyed, or... you will want a healer. Well, now, that I think about it, above isn't strictly true, I did do a lot of early Eidolons with Volt, but mostly Teralyst. Just for Teralyst, I don't think your Volt build needs to be too specific, you can mostly build for comfort, which in my case was survival. I really liked Rolling Guard for the cleanse, but also trying to get enough Arcane Nullifier was a goal as well. There are more advanced builds, like using one of his augments Shocktrooper, but eh, if we are talking basic beginners guides and just say Teralyst, I don't think its mandatory. 

Thing about guides and advice for Eidolons, is that its a journey of sorts, once you can do a few comfortably, you can start implementing more advanced strategy and tips, over time. The finally, Amps. For a beginner, I would probably recommend a 123, which is a Raplak Prism, Shraksun Scaffold and Lohrin Brace. For now. As a goal. Assuming you have the Mote Amp currently? If the number part confuses you, try and Google Warframe Amp table. Its a short hand technique for the various amp parts. 123 isn't the "meta" amp, but its a decent start as far as accessibility, for a beginner. Raplak is also a good long range option, and relatively straight forward. Shraksun, is actually a meta contender, but... it may not be as easy to use at first, since its shorter range, and ideally, you want to use it a specific way, where you shoot up an Eidolons legs, usually from under it. Experienced players can do this easily, but.. Oh also, Prism, if you don't know, is basically your amps main fire, and the Scaffold is the alt fire essentially. When it comes to Eidolons, you want to prioritise Crit. Ideally you want Certus Brace, but you get that from Little Duck. If you have to grab something from Quills, Lohrin is fine for now. 

Oh and Focus School wise, if you can use and start to build up Madurai, that will also make things a lot easier. Void Strike in particular, is great for helping you break Eidolon shields. 

Okay, I have written a lot, so I will stop now. If anything was unclear, or confusing, feel free to ask more questions. 

My other advice, is try to find some friendly people to hunt with.  Mote amp kind of sucks, and when your Focus schools are underdeveloped, it can also be tough. Completing a few Eidolons, to get the resources to make a new better Amp, and progress your Focus schools, will make future hunts and solo hunts far easier and faster, and lessen the curve to starting Eidolons. Depending on your location and time zones, I myself offer myself to help as well, (to anyone that sees this), now that crossplay is a thing, but Recruit chat is decent for finding friendly players willing to carry, especially for those players who want to participate and learn (as opposed to just being AFK etc)

Okay, hope I didn't over load you with info, again, feel free to ask for clarification or any other questions etc. Take care and all the best.