Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon forms I wish were tweaked and improved

Azamagon

While most of the Incarnon weapons have been great, there are a bunch of them I think could need a second look - most notably the melee ones.

While I also think a lot of the evolutions also need a good look over, this is not the point of the thread - this focuses on the Incarnon forms. And it encompasses anything from simple number tweaks to major mechanical changes or additions.

Let's get straight to the suggestions:

LATO

• Incarnon charge increased to 42 ammo (up from 24), and Incarnon charge/ammo gained per headshot increased to 7, from 4

SKANA

• The stun effect from entering Incarnon form or using finishers is now upgraded to a blind-effect, lasting 8 or so seconds. Can also be triggered by frontal finishers, as well as ground finishers - however the blind duration is only 5 seconds when triggered from ground finishers.
  • Incarnon heavy attacks add a quick whirlwind of blades around you, slashing at all enemies in a sphere around you (its range based on your melee range). Deals 30% of heavy attack damage 3 times in a very quick succession.

KUNAI

• Incarnon charge increased to 40 ammo (up from 20).

BO

• Incarnon slide attacks launch a wind-replica of the staff (aka "wind wheel"), in the aimed direction. The wind wheel pierces through all enemies, but bounces on terrain up to 6 times, and deals 200% slide melee damage which grants 5 combo points per enemy struck. This attack has a 8 second cooldown, but every kill with non-wind wheel melee attacks reduces cd by 0,5 seconds.

FURAX

• Heavy slam now also has a vortex effect, pulling in enemies from 10 meters.
  • Every 4th melee hit also creates a fiery explosion around the impact point. The explosion has base heat-damage, deals 150% of base melee damage (and is of course fully moddable), in a 4 meter radius with no falloff. The explosion also adds 1 combo point per target struck - even if it occurs from a heavy attack (but is added AFTER combo points have been consumed from the heavy attack).

MAGISTAR

• Heavy slams generates stone spikes all over its slam radius, improving the heavy slam's damage. These spikes deals 50% of a heavy attack's modded damage, and guarantees a slash-proc. However, this attack has a 12 second cooldown. Kills NOT with spikes reduces the cooldown by 0,5 seconds.
  • The Incarnon lifesteal effect is now given to all variations of the Magistar, not just the Sancti one.

BRONCO

• Incarnon charge increased to 40 ammo (up from 20). Also gains 2x the charge per headshot, compared to now.
  • Bodyshots have a 15% chance to generate Incarnon charges.

CERAMIC DAGGER

• The spectral daggers' explosions no longer stagger the player.
  • In Incarnon form, upon activating Incarnon mode or equipping the dagger (quick melee or full melee, doesn't matter), you gain the "Hidden Blade" buff = +30% attack speed for 5 seconds.

DUAL ICHOR

• Its death clouds add +1 combo count every time they deal damage, and they also slow down enemy movement speed by 30%.
  • Incarnon mode also provides 10 health per second while held (wether fully equipped or just the quick equip, doesn't matter) - would be nice if this was visualized by having the "hearts" on the handles glowing with a heartbeat-like pulsation (maybe doing so only when you are NOT at full health?)

ACK & BRUNT

• While in Incarnon mode, on any melee kill, gain +1 Axe Power charge (max 10). Each charge adds +50% total damage to your next thrown Spectral Axe, but consumes only one charge with every throw.
    • To clarify: This means that, if at max charges, throwing 3 axes in a row (and not gaining any kills with them), the 3 axe throws get +500%, +450% and +400% damage bonus respectively.
  • The spectral axes' explosions no longer stagger the player.
  • Blocking to store damage now also stores physical damage in Incarnon mode.

SOMA

• Incarnon stats changed quite a bit:
    • Damage: 12, from 18
    • Crit chance: 34%, from 10%
    • Crit multi: 3x, from 3,4x
    • Multishot: 6, from 8
    • Status chance: 8%, from measly 2,75%
      • Due to the crit chance increase, despite reducing the other three stats, all in all this equates to roughly a 50% DPS-boost. More importantly however, you'll get more reliable crits.

VASTO

• Incarnon stats changed heavily:
    • Incarnon max charge/ammo: 60, up from 24
    • Incarnon charge per headshot: 6, up from 3.
    • Recoil: Slightly less than normal mode, instead of more recoil.
    • Zoom: Now allowed, but is very low zoom level.
    • Damage dropoff: Removed
    • Potential extra addition: Deadeye Reflexes = The reticle is a chunk bigger, and when shooting at enemies within 30 meters, it autoaims towards enemies inside the reticle (bodyshots only). If no enemy is inside reticle+range, or if you zoom, it shoots straight forward as normal.
      • Potential additional changes which I'm even more unsure of:
        • Burst amount: 3 bullets, from 6
        • Burst rate of fire: 2,22, from 1,11

NAMI SOLO

• Slide attack creates a really wide and far-travelling ethereal water wave, which passes through walls, knocks down all enemies, deals 100% slide attack damage, gains 5 combo points per enemy struck and procs Cold on all enemies. 8 second cooldown, melee kills NOT by the waterwave reduces cooldown by 0,5 seconds.

SIBEAR

• The base weapon's +50% status chance buff on heavy attacks is extended to 12 seconds (up from 4) while in Incarnon form.
  • The heavy slam ice field now lingers for 8 seconds and continually procs Cold in enemies in the area. Field size increased to 10 meter in radius (same as its slam radius).

DESPAIR

• Incarnon charge increased to 40 ammo (up from 20).

HATE

• On heavy attack or heavy slam, you spawn a spectral blade which orbits around you. The blade revolves around you 2 times per second. The blade deals 25% of modded basic melee attack damage, and has a 50% chance to grant 1 combo point on every hit. The blade lingers for 6 seconds, lasting +0,5 seconds for every combo multiplier used on the heavy attack (i.e. max 12 seconds). The orbital blade can be refreshed, but only with heavy attacks which would produce a longer lasting blade then the current one's remaining duration.

GAMMACOR

• The damage of its explosion is reduced to 500 (from 760), however, it has a new added effect:
    • When the projectile hits something, during the 1,2 second explosion delay, the projectile shoots Gammacor-beams (same stats as non-Incarnon mode) against all enemies in the pull-in radius. Once the explosion occurs, the beams disappear.

ANKU

• Slide attacking (on top if having its boosted range and slash damage) grants the buff "Sanguine Reaper" for 10 seconds. Sanguine Reaper adds +range and slash-damage to all non-slide attacks. (To discourage slide-spam).
  • On kill, a homing soul-like projectile is launched from the killed enemy. The projectile travels through walls, deals 100% melee damage, grants 2 combo points and guarantees a Cold-proc.

GORGON

• Incarnon form gets multiple changes:
    • Now has max 120 Incarnon ammo (up from 20), and charges 4 ammo with every headshot (up from 0,66)
    • Has a 0,6 second "spool up" (no firing during the spool), then it becomes full auto with 4,5 rate of fire. (Instead of a single charged shot)
    • Still deals 75 direct IPS damage, but only 110 AoE Heat damage (down from 700).
    • Explosion now happens immediately (instead of having a 1,2 sec delay), but only has a 4 meter radius (down from 5).
    • Metamorphic Magazine augment: Direct hits in Incarnon mode counts as 3 hits for the petrification effect, while the explosion counts as 1.

ANGSTRUM

• Now only needs direct hit bodyshots to get Incarnon charge.
  • Incarnon mode's projectiles has 50% of its damage now converted to AoE damage, still dealt as pure Heat damage. This explosion has a 3 meter radius with 30% dropoff.
    • This explosion occurs on both the first hit and its seeking second hit.
  • Like 1

I am disappointed by the Soma Incarnon... Seriously, Soma has always been one of my favorite guns for its simplicity and good firing feel. To be honest, I didn't even expect it to have an actual incarnon, since I was good with how it performed.

Still, I guess the buffs to the base version by themselves are already something, but to be honest that's about it. I don't really use the incarnon mode on the Soma. I have tried, but it doesn't feel right at all.

And many other weapons you describe could also use an uplift, yes. Specially the more underrated and undervalued weapons, which is kinda the entire point of the incarnon genesis systems, isn't it? 

For example, the Strun Prime being a beast? It's good, but then again it was already a pretty good shotty, so nothing surprising there. Now the likes of Torid or Despair suddenly becoming very good weapons? That's what it's all about for me. In that regard, DE, please do the Harpak Incarnon Genesis - and make that harpoon have a fun gimmic. I don't own it, but it's an interesting weapon I'd like to use frequently should it become an actual solid weapon.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1

Le 13/08/2023 à 01:12, (PSN)Hikuro-93 a dit :

I am disappointed by the Soma Incarnon... Seriously, Soma has always been one of my favorite guns for its simplicity and good firing feel. To be honest, I didn't even expect it to have an actual incarnon, since I was good with how it performed.

Try it with Shadow Haze on Sevagoth.

• Like 1

On 2023-08-12 at 4:12 PM, (PSN)Hikuro-93 said:

In that regard, DE, please do the Harpak Incarnon Genesis - and make that harpoon have a fun gimmic. 

Harpak is  one I could get excited about.  But DE has yet to do any weapons with an altfire, so I don't know how likely it is.

• Like 1