Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe logic without logic

LestryusYggdrus

17 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Emphasizing big butts and vaginas are not sexualizing Warframes, got it. Common sense is rough for some. Don't even start with that anatomically wrong vagina they knew exactly what they were doing(DE even called referenced gemussy). Women are not my cup of tea, but even then it's highly noticable. Just because someone refuses to see it, doesn't mean they are right.

But it isnt a vagina. That a single person at DE sees it isnt unlike how I see a cooch in every Murex or Ayatan, or an errect wee-wee in other sentient structures or a gaping stretched out hiney in every orphix.

So if women arent your thing then I assume you are going co-co for cocopuffs over Rhino and friends, or drool over the ripped Frost strutting around in his Harka skin with his six (or is it 8?) pack? Because clearly those are male sexualizations right?

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

But it isnt a vagina. That a single person at DE sees it isnt unlike how I see a cooch in every Murex or Ayatan, or an errect wee-wee in other sentient structures or a gaping stretched out hiney in every orphix.

So if women arent your thing then I assume you are going co-co for cocopuffs over Rhino and friends, or drool over the ripped Frost strutting around in his Harka skin with his six (or is it 8?) pack? Because clearly those are male sexualizations right?

Average male gamer vibes.

• Like 2

On 2023-08-16 at 7:54 AM, LestryusYggdrus said:

Edit 2: I know that the sensualization part is kindda sus but what i really mean with this is that i can't make a cool looking operator both genders included, i would like to make a male operator/drifter  that looks like a warrior, i would like to make a female operator/drifter that looks like a baddie warrior, everybody in this game just looks.....average...... i don't buy OP/Drifter cosmetics anymore, i thought they would improve it with time but after duviri wich it's a drifter based expansion, i saw that they will keep exactly how it is now

????? This does not help your case, because sensualization has absolutely nothing to do with looking cool. There is really no other way to take that.
Also I feel like 99% of the problem with operator cosmetics is the god damn mismatched color channels making several clothing combinations just outright impossible to make look good. I love a lot of the operator outfits but I can't use most of the parts I like together. Because some genius at DE can't work out that similar parts of two different things that share channels should maybe use the same channel. Instead of just rolling a dice to decide what parts should be assigned to what channels.

And also that Bishamo exists the way it does, that thing is SO infuriating.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Average male gamer vibes.

No it was actually a serious question. Or are you of the mind that only straight males can see attraction in art that resmebles the female body? And only they can be attracted by sexualized imagery? Nearly all male frames are what would be considered "greek gods" or "supermen" in their design. So they'd be considered sexualized in the same sense towards female or male gay gamers if you can find it in the female frames regarding how straight men react.

You cant have it just one way.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Nearly all male frames are what would be considered "greek gods" or "supermen" in their design. So they'd be considered sexualized in the same sense towards female or male gay gamers if you can find it in the female frames regarding how straight men react.

It's not quite that simple.  Here's a comic example of that.  Basically, the body of a musclebound Greek god may be appealing to some, but it's more closely aligned with a masculine power fantasy than it is a sexualization or objectification of that form.

2011-12-02-sexy.png

3 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It's not quite that simple.  Here's a comic example of that.  Basically, the body of a musclebound Greek god may be appealing to some, but it's more closely aligned with a masculine power fantasy than it is a sexualization or objectification of that form.

And it is the same the other way around. We all find different shapes and sizes attractive.

You know like the current duckbill duckass "beauty" ideal. Yeah, I can feel myself throwing up a little whenever I see it. Like that horrible show Geordie Shore, I dont think I've ever seen any other place where they manage to gather so many ugly women at once along with "greek gods", where both also for some reason find the other side super attractive.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

No it was actually a serious question. Or are you of the mind that only straight males can see attraction in art that resmebles the female body? And only they can be attracted by sexualized imagery? Nearly all male frames are what would be considered "greek gods" or "supermen" in their design. So they'd be considered sexualized in the same sense towards female or male gay gamers if you can find it in the female frames regarding how straight men react.

You cant have it just one way.

Average male vibes are in response to only your close minded, oppressive views. There are many sexualities. There are a few sexualized male skins imo like volt proto. Do you see uproar about them on Reddit and here in response to their smaller butts? No.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

And it is the same the other way around. We all find different shapes and sizes attractive.

You know like the current duckbill duckass "beauty" ideal. Yeah, I can feel myself throwing up a little whenever I see it. Like that horrible show Geordie Shore, I dont think I've ever seen any other place where they manage to gather so many ugly women at once along with "greek gods", where both also for some reason find the other side super attractive.

It's not quite the same due to different power dynamics at play in a historically patriarchal society.  But this is a video game forum, so really this is very likely futile.  Peace.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Average male vibes are in response to only your close minded, oppressive views. There are many sexualities. There are a few sexualized male skins imo like volt proto. Do you see uproar about them on Reddit and here in response to their smaller butts? No.

Close minded and oppressive? There are sure many sexualities, that still doesnt change what type of body you are attracted to in the majority of those. Unless you are into machines or similar where the human body is of little concern. And to be perfectly clear I'm full on a male feminist since I want to see total equality between the sexes, be it the good or the bad that comes with it, it doesnt matter aslong as it results in an equal society. 

And no, of course we dont see any response to those smaller butts, but neither do we for the majority of female frames since they didnt have one to begin with. And big butts are a male attraction while more masculine (yet just as sexualizing) features are attractive to women.

16 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

It's not quite the same due to different power dynamics at play in a historically patriarchal society.  But this is a video game forum, so really this is very likely futile.  Peace.

Of course. My point is just that one side isnt excluded from being a target for sexualization or that one side is immune to what sexualization brings. We have male and female strippers for a reason in this world. Sub genres within the adult industry that specifically target the female audience and so on.