The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World for Beginner

(PSN)F4DZ4Life

Question

I know there's a lot of things to do in Cetus and Demos etc but when should I actually start doing Cetus Bounties and open world missions. I tried a Cetus Bounty but the objectives were all like 1000 Metres apart and failed on last stage so when would you recommend actually investing into Open World? Because there are some mods from there I want but it seems confusing. I'm MR6 btw with only Volt though and Rhino + Nekros building rn. I know I'm playing the game quite slowly I'm just trying to take my time though instead of doing a bunch of different things simultaneously. 

8 answers to this question

There are teleports now for this very reason. In general you should own Archwing (need to be in the clan to be able to use it in Open world) or at least K-Drive (which is obtained from another open world) for faster traveling. Another option is Titania, Gauss or just speedy frames like Limbo/Loki... but on MR8 you should focus on doing story quests, clearing planets. and ranking up available mastery fodder weapons. I wouldnt venture into open world without some good long range weapon (sniper preferably) and a frame that can handle most of the objectives. Volt is ok, but not ideal. 

Volt is more than good enough, but ideally you need an archwing to do open world. The next advice I’ll give will make most people here cringe, but spend $30 and buy some plat. Then with it buy yourself some good mods. It will make the rest of your journey so much more fun and a lot easier.

Oh I've already got 600 plat, I reset my old account cause I returned after like 5-6 years but I kept the plat from old account. I've been farming corrupted mods and stuff just working on star chart rn. I'll get the archwing things from the clan tho I was jus wondering if I should start open world a little down the line after star chart and maybe MR10 or something or is there no point in waiting?

Thought:

Your problem is not the open world, your problem is the difficulty in getting warframe slots and forma to progress.
basicly you can't progress right now because you need forma, slots, vehicles, etc.

A new open world with easy achievements is the same as nerfing current worlds and nerfing current worlds is the same as generating a shortcut to skip game progression for all account levels. I don't see what the point is in a new open world exclusively for beginners there are specific missions for credit and endo.

I particularly find the open world teleports ridiculous because they break the game's theme and the mechanics of vehicles that are mostly outdated compared to archwings(this is acceptable as each vehicle is designed for a different type of environment).

I think the DE should facilitate general access to Kdrives, in short Kdrives should be the first fast and accessible vehicle for newbies, including access to all mods and parts of Ventkids levels so the beginning player can get access to the best Kdrives.

Bounties are only good if you need one of the rewards, except Deimos where bounties are everything.

You also have to bear in mind the enemies are stronger than the level range indicates compared to starchart missions.  

Once you get to the point where you have an amp (you'll know when you get there), do all your resource farms at night.

Grineer on PoE have hitscan weapons and can hit you from the other end of the map, and they don't stop spawning on top of you.

Archwing launcher, get it done, then it's done.  The teleports will only help so much.  K-drive is a poor substitute, especially on Cetus.

As for standing, Cetus - fishing/kavat tranquing.

Fortuna - mining

Deimos - bounties but you can stack enough tokens for several days standing if you want 

Well... the way I would approach this, is to consider my own enjoyment. Then also tailor my own experience. 

For example, if you OP, are exited about doing open world content, give it a try. However, if you feel the difficulty is too much, too stressful, annoying, so on, totally totally fine and probably better to ignore it for a while. Progress elsewhere, then return to it another day or week. 

Now its been a while since I was in a similar position as you but... I'd probably avoid open world content a little bit too, and focus on finishing the star chart. Also, I would personally try to get an Archwing before taking on too much open world content. Archwing really makes a huge difference in speed and mobility in open worlds, especially if solo. 

Also nothing wrong with taking things slowly, like I said, do what you will enjoy, make you happy and what you find fun. Don't burn yourself out or feel pressured or obligated to do stuff because you think thats whats expected. Time, experience, more gear, more resources will have a way of making more difficult content more manageable, and there is a lot to do in Warframe, so yeah, good to discover and develop your own pace and preferences. 

Archived