Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please get some information on how cross trade will be handled when cross save becomes a thing?

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

A lot of people have been wanting to know how trading would work for a long time.

We dont even know if cross trade is gonna be a thing at all at this point but i kinda figure it would have to be unless they wanna do something like say accounts made on xbox can only trade with accounts made on xbox even if one of them is on another platform or something.

I was hoping that would get mentioned at tennocon. Rip.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Should just enable free trading between all players, regardless of platform. Sure, the market will be in absolute chaotic turmoil for a bit following the opening, but it'll eventually stabilize. Afterwards, the market will be significantly healthier for everyone.

• Like 1

I believe that trading platinum will not be allowed. It would involve a lot of complexity in DE's database and would cost DE much more...just the fact that the cross save option exists would be fantastic! I think you are asking too much!

Why is this such a banger for people? Minecraft exists cross platform no problem and no one wonders how trading works. The way to do it is to have all accounts hosted from the same server regardless of origin and then they become effectively the same kind of account and have the ability to do everything together with the only difference being where you login.

Edit: In all reality, cross save is going to result in a ton of account server migration from the "console" server and the "PC" server to one server.

Edited by LastN_
  • Like 1

DE are probably still hashing it out with the platforms that they have existing contracts with. It's likely that anything crafted will move across platforms without issue. However I expect that Platinum will remain locked to the platform you bought/acquired it on and would be unable to be used to buy items from a player on another platform.

I know no more than DE have already said but as a developer myself who has dealt with closed platforms I think players should be prepared for the this fact and if I'm wrong you get a bonus.

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 2