Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Heirloom Collection Platinum Changes & Lessons

[DE]Megan

3 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

1) Because there are a few Founders who would definitely sue DE over breaking their exclusivity deal.
2) Because back then DE was a step away from going bankrupt, and Warframe wasn't even a proper game yet. Founders invested into this highly risky project and now Warframe is a thing.
3) Community does ask to bring back Founder exclusives. Even most who still play the game Founders ask for it. I really have no idea how you don't know that.

Well this collection bundle is basically the exact same concept. It is meant for players that want to throw DE money for some kick ass skins in order to support their future endeavours and updates. You can choose to invest in these skins but you do not have to. 

Also your third point kinda contradicts your first but honestly, I understand your POV. Just understand that DE isn’t purposely trying to rip everyone off.

• Like 1

Saw this and felt the price point for the increase in plat was now worth it.

It's been 20 hours since the dev post announcing the higher plat so I bought the Zenith pack but still got 600 plat?

So when will the hot fix address this?
As I'm writing this... a hotfix dropped, yay :)

But...
Logged in and there was no top up of the platinum?
I got the 600 plat for my purchase not the 2100, update didn't fix it?

Just now, Cookie_Monsta_ said:

Saw this and felt the price point for the increase in plat was now worth it.

It's been 20 hours since the dev post announcing the higher plat so I bought the Zenith pack but still got 600 plat?

So when will the hot fix address this?
As I'm writing this... a hotfix dropped, yay :)

But...
Logged in and there was no top up of the platinum?
I got the 600 plat for my purchase not the 2100, update didn't fix it?

Same here. I never get the extra plats

hiding behind the people that have already paid for it as a reason to not change the price is not a valid excuse. that is scapegoating. You could do what you are trying to do with this meagre offering. you lower the price then send extra aya and plat to the people that have previously bought it. Basically do what Nintendo did with the 3ds. the ambasador program "hey sorry we lowered the price after you paid so much, here have 20 free classic games"

Would it be so much to ask for even just separate skins. I care very little for frost, I only want the mag skin. many of us only want a seperate part.

Edited by MagicalNate
  • Like 5

This is a fantastic response to the heirloom pack feedback. I really appreciate how hard DE works to find even ground with their player base. They can’t give everyone everything they ask for, but they always find a compromise and help us feel heard.

I’m stoked about the increase in plat, and I still think the time limit is a fine idea for this cosmetic set. The whole FOMO thing isn’t always negative, if it’s for something special and doesn’t happen all the time. And if it seems like it isn’t a good idea later on, we can trust DE to reevaluate and change it.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)TheCaptainShaw said:

This is a fantastic response to the heirloom pack feedback. I really appreciate how hard DE works to find even ground with their player base. They can’t give everyone everything they ask for, but they always find a compromise and help us feel heard.

I’m stoked about the increase in plat, and I still think the time limit is a fine idea for this cosmetic set. The whole FOMO thing isn’t always negative, if it’s for something special and doesn’t happen all the time. And if it seems like it isn’t a good idea later on, we can trust DE to reevaluate and change it.

you think FOMO is a good thing. look up Super mario 3d all stars. the game where Nintendo announced to the world that it is morally just to pirate

• Like 7

This problem could have been prevented by asking in the design council beforehand.
Well at least i hope so (my voice would have been against such a package / price combination...).

The only stuff in the package interessting for me is the new cosmetic type and maybe the mag skin (tbh i already have the mag skin i like).

Using FOMO, inflating the price with stuff a lot of people don't want and calling that a 10-year anniversary celebration...

And then adding plat afterwards, not offering more packet variants and still keeping the FOMO part, while saying it would be unfair for the people that already bought it?
And only due to the upproar in the community! You can't even sell skins, why should it be a problem giving more options afterwards and removing the FOMO?

The words i want to use for that are not appropriate.

This is not enough! This is not the DE i supported as a founder.
I want the game to thrive and grow bigger, so more people can enjoy it.

But this is a problem, which could have been prevented by thinking about it and not only that, the same mistake has been made before (regal aya)... there is just no excuse for this.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Darkbring said:

My third point doesn't contradict my first point. MOST Founders who still play don't care about exclusivity. SOME of the Founders who don't play anymore are VERY likely to sue DE if they break the exclusivity promise. Why? Because that's the American way. It's a quick, easy and guaranteed way to rip away some cash from a big corporation. Still, the community, along with the playing Founders does ask to abandon the exclusivity from time to time. Which is possible to do, but DE would have to contact all Founders and make them all agree or find a compromise. They wont do that ofc.
Finally, DE isn't that small dying company anymore, so what they're doing now is not the same as the Founders deal. It's just another greedy corporate bullS#&$ tactic to try and get ALL the money.

Also my b about the 3rd contradicting 1st, read it wrong lmao.

This is Warframe's 10th Year Anniversary, and your idea of celebrating is selling a pair of massively overpriced cosmetics with a bunch of arbitrarily priced currency? 

By any stretch of the imagination, you cannot tell me that these skins are the equivalent of Baldur's Gate 3, Starfield or Cyberpunk 2077, even if your game is free(mium).

You already encourage us to buy multiple Prime bundles per year; you already encourage us to buy MORE platinum by offering us discounts when we've been away from the game for a while (yes I've seen that pattern).

This is nothing short of an insult to players who've bankrolled you for 10 years.

• Like 14

20 hours ago, TheDecembrist said:

Zenith owner here, this is a good change. Personally i'm fine with a small number of skins being expensive and time limited as long as the bundle is correctly priced.

I think the change should include not only platinum, and an increase on regal aya. Platinum can be obtained ingame. 

• Like 1

il y a 24 minutes, Darkbring a dit :

Go thank those who complained, not DE, they planned for the backlash.

Thank the players who complained, not DE.

Im never into discussions, but: you should know that in the end everything is up to the company,  They could just make a blind eye, they listened complains and replied(and fast), so we should be grateful to them too.

3 minutes ago, ShogunNoir said:

This is Warframe's 10th Year Anniversary, and your idea of celebrating is selling a pair of massively overpriced cosmetics with a bunch of arbitrarily priced currency? 

By any stretch of the imagination, you cannot tell me that these skins are the equivalent of Baldur's Gate 3, Starfield or Cyberpunk 2077, even if your game is free(mium).

You already encourage us to buy multiple Prime bundles per year; you already encourage us to buy MORE platinum by offering us discounts when we've been away from the game for a while (yes I've seen that pattern).

This is nothing short of an insult to players who've bankrolled you for 10 years.

How else do you expect them to make money then? They already let you trade the in game currency meaning technically, you can make insane fashion frames without spending a dime. From any other free to play game, Warfame has done the most to show they are not at all greedy and they think about the players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrypticMonarch said:

How else do you expect them to make money then? They already let you trade the in game currency meaning technically, you can make insane fashion frames without spending a dime. From any other free to play game, Warfame has done the most to show they are not at all greedy and they think about the players.

How about not Inflated the price by adding In forced bundles to the skin, something that they learned the Playerbase didn't like when they did Prime Unvaulting.

You know, the thing that caused James Stephanie Sterling to call them out on, years ago?

They learned that this was bad practice, and they did it again despite having a history knowing it was a BAD PRACTICE.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

DE is still actually a fairly smaller company. Are they bigger than most independent companies? Definitely. But they are still running one single free to play game that needs money to support themselves(not mentioning they are releasing another free to play game soon) It’s not like they pull this kind of expensive bundle every two months or even every year for that matter. They may release exclusive things on consoles or for a big update but it’s so they can make money! They already let us trade the monetized currency in the game. What kind of developer does that??? All I’m saying is that we shouldn’t be calling them out as this greedy corporation when all they are trying to do is please the fan base with skins, compromise, and awesome future updates. Especially when they have an option to not spend any money on the game at all and still get insane fashion frames.

If we didn't call them out, they wouldn't have increase the amount of plat as stated in the original post, which I can guarantee you was the INTENDED amount of platinum, while the original amount was just a "S#&$ test" of how much they can get away with. Also, they state TWICE in the original post that they will be releasing more of this garbage. Read between the lines: "More Heirloom packs are ready for release at the start of 2024". This isn't an experiment like with the Incarnon shop, it's a guarantee. DE isn't a small company by any means, nor should they be struggling for money unless they were spending recklessly, so there is no rational excuse for using FOMO and all the other scam tactics to sell these kinds of packs. You HAVE to call them out until they backtrack completely, because if you don't then it will become the norm, until another outrageous incident happens a few years later.
Do you want me to list every scammy salesman tactic they used? I sure could try.

• Like 1

Just now, (PSN)rexis12 said:

How about not Inflated the price by adding In forced bundles to the skin, something that they learned the Playerbase didn't like when they did Prime Unvaulting.

You know, the thing that caused James Stephanie Sterling to call them out on, years ago?

They learned that this was bad practice, and they did it again despite having a history knowing it was a BAD PRACTICE.

I hear you but you are forgetting this is meant to be the equivalent of a 10 year founder pack. While it is considered as very expensive, it’s meant to be bought as a pack for those that want to spend the money in support. If you don’t buy the pack, it doesn’t mean you are not a fan. As for the prime vaulting, you can already earn the prime warframes without spending money by just playing, spending money is just a faster alternative?

Honestly, I don't mind the bundling, or the Aya inclusion, or even the low plat originally, (though I do think raising the plat does give a more reasonable value), the cosmetics were super cool, so I don't mind the idea of paying a premium for them, as long as it's cosmetic only, I'm down for that kind of monetization.

But the dealbreaker here for me is the usage of FOMO again, always was annoyed that I could never obtain the founder's items, but I thought they were done with this kind of exclusivity, timed stuff like baro and vaulting is annoying but there was a rotation, and prime resurgence I thought was a great step forward along with starting to bring back primed chamber, these were great. But now once again, the whole "never to return" thing...... I just won't support anything that abuses that instinct of people, so I won't be getting anything from this collection, despite how much I really really like the skins, and even moreso the halo cosmetics.... oof, very cool, it's a shame, once again I'm missing out on something permanent I'd like.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

Just because you're not spending, doesn't mean DE doesn't make money from that plat. Someone at some point bought it from DE. The game doesn't award plat, so you can get it either from DE, or from a player that got it from DE.

• Like 4

Just now, CrypticMonarch said:

it’s meant to be bought as a pack for those that want to spend the money in support.

The community is more than willing to show its support by spending money in a pack where it's not inflated by Regal Aya nor Plat. If you bought the Zenith Pack, good for you. How about the rest who just want one skin without anything else? We are celebrating 10 Years of Warframe here. We should be able to show support with lesser packs just as you were able to show support with the Zenith.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CrypticMonarch said:

I hear you but you are forgetting this is meant to be the equivalent of a 10 year founder pack. While it is considered as very expensive, it’s meant to be bought as a pack for those that want to spend the money in support. If you don’t buy the pack, it doesn’t mean you are not a fan. As for the prime vaulting, you can already earn the prime warframes without spending money by just playing, spending money is just a faster alternative?

These packs are clearly aimed at people who are invested in the game. These people don't need any of the items that are bundled with the COSMETICS that they actually do want. This has been endlessly reiterated in this thread. This is holding desirable items hostage behind a massive paywall of percieved valuable content (plat and aya) that no one asked for and no one wants.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Darkbring said:

Just because you're not spending, doesn't mean DE doesn't make money from that plat. Someone at some point bought it from DE. The game doesn't award plat, so you can get it either from DE, or from a player that got it from DE.

It still means you don’t have to spend money on plat. Your basically saying that DE is evil for doing this to their free to play game. They should remove the monetization element? Almost no free to play games includes this element. As an expanding team with more insane updates, they are bound to need more money. It doesn’t help the the player base isn’t increasing exponentially.

1 minute ago, bedainey said:

The community is more than willing to show its support by spending money in a pack where it's not inflated by Regal Aya nor Plat. If you bought the Zenith Pack, good for you. How about the rest who just want one skin without anything else? We are celebrating 10 Years of Warframe here. We should be able to show support with lesser packs just as you were able to show support with the Zenith.

Now that is the mistake DE mad. But it’s not simple to go back and fix the mistake. Especially with all the players commenting on the issue. They already stated in the post that IF they release future heirloom, then they will look into splitting the packs into separate skins.