Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel like cross save will have limitations….

(PSN)Mohammed_Noodles

The reason why I am saying is because sony and microsoft may have restrictions on what DE can do with cross save.

There are many things on what can be limiting and can also be a magnificent benefit (if it were to work).

here are the list of things that can be a benefit with this aside from moving from platform to platform.

1) Console players can maybe get the benefit of using the in-game discounts to purchase platinum

2) If cross play isn’t fully in the works yet and cross save is released (hopefully), we could be able to trade with other people on the pc side and vice versa using cross save.

3)Pc players will have the advantage of using the console market with tennogen by spending platinum instead of real money.

Here are the things I am worried about the cross save implementation:

1) There is a high chance that sony and microsoft will force DE to use their store ONLY. So if you link your account to your pc, you may not be able to buy stuff from the pc store because sony and Microsoft want most of that revenue to themselves, they know that they’ll be losing players and profit from this change and so they will likely limit on what we can do with our console accounts, but you may never know. Epic games could pull off a dub like how they did with genshin impact.

2)I’m slightly worried that DE won’t make tennogen bundle in platinum for pc users if they decide to play on a console, since console players have this feature.

That’s all I have but I wonder what you are mostly worried about when it comes to this feature coming to Warframe!

6 hours ago, (PSN)Mohammed_Noodles said:

1) There is a high chance that sony and microsoft will force DE to use their store ONLY. So if you link your account to your pc, you may not be able to buy stuff from the pc store because sony and Microsoft want most of that revenue to themselves, they know that they’ll be losing players and profit from this change and so they will likely limit on what we can do with our console accounts, but you may never know. Epic games could pull off a dub like how they did with genshin impact.

Destiny 2, Fortnite, and others all allow you to purchase the premium currency on any platform. 

The catch (and likely the reason why we don't have crosstrade) is that typically you are unable to transfer the premium currency across platforms, outside of a few exceptions like Minecraft bedrock. 

There might be issues because of this, and I wouldn't be surprised if certain items like tennogen or rivens were unable to be used across platforms to keep people from abusing the system.

Edited by (XBOX)Upl0rdYT
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Destiny 2, Fortnite, and others all allow you to purchase the premium currency on any platform. 

The catch (and likely the reason why we don't have crosstrade) is that typically you are unable to transfer the premium currency across games, outside of a few exceptions like Minecraft bedrock. 

There might be issues because of this, and I wouldn't be surprised if certain items like tennogen or rivens were unable to be used across platforms to keep people from abusing the system.

We just have to wait and see what will they be able to do and what not to do I guess.

• Like 1

On 2023-09-09 at 12:11 PM, (PSN)Mohammed_Noodles said:

The reason why I am saying is because sony and microsoft may have restrictions on what DE can do with cross save.

There are many things on what can be limiting and can also be a magnificent benefit (if it were to work).

here are the list of things that can be a benefit with this aside from moving from platform to platform.

1) Console players can maybe get the benefit of using the in-game discounts to purchase platinum

2) If cross play isn’t fully in the works yet and cross save is released (hopefully), we could be able to trade with other people on the pc side and vice versa using cross save.

3)Pc players will have the advantage of using the console market with tennogen by spending platinum instead of real money.

2)I’m slightly worried that DE won’t make tennogen bundle in platinum for pc users if they decide to play on a console, since console players have this feature.

That’s all I have but I wonder what you are mostly worried about when it comes to this feature coming to Warframe!

Actually since its DE's servers and database and computers that run the game and support it for you.  Those companies should not be doing anything.

Right now, Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo are deliberately messing with your connection to Warframe, if you have not noticed.

They are not your internet service provider.  They do not make the software being used for Warframe.  Nor do they run the servers or the data base for your character.

Only thing they do is charge you money, control whether you can use their service which is a fancy loader, to allow you to play the game on their devices.

They do not do anything for you except keep track of a gamer score, let you use their own chat function instread of what is on warframe already, also(as is the case with valve) try to take over for your controller mapping and charge you almost as much as you pay for your internet service provider does.   They also bandwidth limit you on purpose to give other games they get paid to shill, or their own property titles, to make them seam better, when they are actually not the greatest. 

I think i would be frightened to know just how much money EA has shelled out to get things their way. (with border lands and fortnight as examples) that is how they have such good connections, no lag and more data streamed but nothing blocking it.

Only reason i know what they are doing, is because i actually look at my data transfer rates and compare the software on the differing platforms.

Microsoft is one of the worst for the bandwidth manipulation by the way.  They are bad enough that you could be playing warframe having a great game and suddenly they interrupt the data stream.  Which will make you lose data, i.e. it looks like a lag spike or roll back.  (this is by the way how people can use lag switches and certain hacks and get away with it so much.  They simply blame it on that consoles lag and inconsistencies which is that company it self doing it.)

And do not think Valve and EA wont mess with you on your PC either.  I had connection issues through both companies with games. Until i turned off their stuff and ran games with out them.  Problems vanished.  Because each one tries to control and manipulate the data for the games.  Valve for example on steam made it so you could not log in.  This happend on both warframe and star trek online for me.  Both EA and Valve systems where denying access on these occasions.  The error popup it would be differing things it would show.(everything from a token issue to bad data, etc).  But what it was is that they where trying to piggy back on a differing company's software and work and make it seam like they where doing every thing when in fact, aside from having a digital store, can offer a sort of anti cheat system(which is suspect now days), chat capability(you do not have to use that games software), controller mapping(again their interference on your machines drivers and controllers, aside from all that they do not do much. 

I truly hate the way these companies work, the taking credit for what others do is sad.  And it Is exactly the thing microsoft, sony, and nintendo fight against all the time, yet they do exactly the same thing.

Worse still, these company employ people who deliberately do many things that are not nice to the users.  Like for example if you tick off someone from one of these companies on a message forum by proving them wrong, or having a netter character then them, they will mess with you.   Valve for example is the worst for this.  

1 hour ago, PsychicKitty said:

Actually since its DE's servers and database and computers that run the game and support it for you.  Those companies should not be doing anything.

'Should not' is, regrettably not the same as 'are not' for this exercise.

Because DE's game is using their hardware and their infrastructure, which necessitates Peer to Peer connections (basically, console to console), then yes, Microsoft and Sony can and do interfere a lot.

One of the biggest things from the old update system before cross-play is that PC would always get updates first due to the Consoles needing to certify everything that DE did first. The major push from PC players when Cross Play was announced was to keep this, and not delay the PC updates to release them simultaneously. Yes, it was selfish, but that's the way some people are.

So there will be limitations on Cross Save because there are already limitations on Cross Play.

On 2023-09-09 at 8:11 PM, (PSN)Mohammed_Noodles said:

For example, there is no cross-platform Trading currently. There is no cross-platform Friend, Clan or Dojo support. There is also no cross-platform Voice Chat... not that many players actually use the Warframe Voice Chat on PC anyway...

While I can see some of these clearing up, like the Cross Save allowing players to join Clans and have Friends cross-platform, because now everyone will be cross-platform, along with Voice Chat... I think that DE are going to move all of the Console/Mobile purchases to their Website instead of using the console-based stores.

The reason for that is because Console markets take a cut of all transactions in games on their platforms. So buying Plat on Consoles will remain a difficult topic.