Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is This Game Connected To Dark Sector? Why?!

fpsafrica

Yay, more South Africans in the ranks~

And yes, The universes were confirmed to be the same. 

Dark Sector was originally going to be pretty much what Warframe is now, but single-player. However, the publishers didn't like the pitch video DE made, and constantly wanted something more.. Well, boring, if you ask me. "Make it modern-day. Make him more emotive", that sort of thing..

HOWEVER...

Hayden Tenno is the inspiration, and source of the title Tenno.

The Tenno today are not created from a virus, or infection, but instead from the Void itself. Go to codex, go to warframe, and click on Excalibur. Read his lore...

It's not created from the void. The Lotus Organization used the crazy Tenno who came from the void to fuel their intentions. Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno, he founded the Tenno, and lead the world into a golden era known as the "Orokin Era" Eventually they were hidden away to the only safe place, The Void. I assume Tenno are raised as fighters from birth, noted by the academy, dorm, kitchen, and auditorium style tiles of the void. While Hayden become a frame from the void, I believe they use the same technology, harnessed from Hayden, to make Warframes. I'm pretty sure all Warframes connect to the use as well, as in physically, like Hayden's suit.

It's not created from the void. The Lotus Organization used the crazy Tenno who came from the void to fuel their intentions. Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno, he founded the Tenno, and lead the world into a golden era known as the "Orokin Era" 

Source please

Because DE cannot into good lore.

Doubt they are connected.Was probably either a miscommunication or they just said that in order to shut up lore fans for a bit.

The new info on Excal confirms that there's no connection between the magical power ranger virus from dark sector and the Tenno from warframe.

OR they were probably refering to Hayden as the first Tenno as in the original Hayden from the original dark sector concept.

Back when it looked cool and was sci fi, before they had to turn the whole game into a present day BS shootah to cater for all the present day shooter fans.Search for original dark sector concept trailer on youtube.

Edited by Cabadath5

It is the same developer and Warframe is what DE wanted for the Dark Sector to be. Lore wise that is correct, Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno but what relation it has to us and Orokin, is unknown. The only thing we know is that our Warframe suits are based on Orokin technology.

It is the same developer and Warframe is what DE wanted for the Dark Sector to be. Lore wise that is correct, Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno but what relation it has to us and Orokin, is unknown. The only thing we know is that our Warframe suits are based on Orokin technology.

I am quite certain that there is no connection between the two games - a dev said in a livestream that they gave Hayden the surname Tenno as am homage to the game Dark Sector was supposed to be before publishers got their grubby mitts on it. That game is Warframe, but there's no connection in the lore afaik between Hayden and Warframe's Tenno.

From Dark Sector Wiki:

Not much is known about Hayden's later life, except that he unified mankind and that with his rule began the Orokin Period, a golden age for all of humanity, he also founded the Tenno, powerful warriors who can manipulate reality, masters of sword and gun and wielders of the Warframe Power Armors, based on Hayden's Armor. Quite a few of them wielded artificial Glaives to honor him.

http://darksector.wikia.com/wiki/Hayden_Tenno

From Dark Sector Wiki:

Not much is known about Hayden's later life, except that he unified mankind and that with his rule began the Orokin Period, a golden age for all of humanity, he also founded the Tenno, powerful warriors who can manipulate reality, masters of sword and gun and wielders of the Warframe Power Armors, based on Hayden's Armor. Quite a few of them wielded artificial Glaives to honor him.

http://darksector.wikia.com/wiki/Hayden_Tenno

That section was added on August 30th, with no source material. 99% sure this was retroactively added by a Warframe player. : ]

It's not created from the void. The Lotus Organization used the crazy Tenno who came from the void to fuel their intentions. Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno, he founded the Tenno, and lead the world into a golden era known as the "Orokin Era" Eventually they were hidden away to the only safe place, The Void. I assume Tenno are raised as fighters from birth, noted by the academy, dorm, kitchen, and auditorium style tiles of the void. While Hayden become a frame from the void, I believe they use the same technology, harnessed from Hayden, to make Warframes. I'm pretty sure all Warframes connect to the use as well, as in physically, like Hayden's suit.

It specifically said "We took the twisted few that returned"

The games are not related and Hayden Tenno is not the original Tenno. I know that DE_Steve said it like this once in a Livestream, but it was not meant as him (Hayden) being part of the Lore of WF. DE introduced their Idea of Warframe to Publishers somewhere around 04/05, it was intended to be a singleplayer space ninja game, ultimately they had to change the game drasticly due to the publishers pressure into what became Dark Sector in 08. Roots of the original WF idea can still be seen (very heavily) in Daark Sector, but as for now the games have no story connection whatsoever.

DE picked up the original concept and turned it into a F2P Game. So both games were born out of the same idea, but they have no other connection. Although DE_Scott said in the same Livestream, that he could understand these implications, due to the design overlap and that it would be cool to act on it.

So much for clarification.