Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Isn’t Merulina Moddable?

(XBOX)KikoTheKat

13 hours ago, quxier said:

No, I don't see it. There is difference but not as big as you suggest.

I think I'm going to drop this now, as you're deliberately and heavily downplaying the trouble that introducing the extra work (both for the devs and the players) would be.

The extra work you're adding to the equation genuinely is completely unnecessary to the root of this; If you want to make Merulina better, then do that instead of over-complicating the issue by adding modding into the mix.

You think I'm exaggerating and I'm not. I absolutely know, because of how DE has struggled with the exact same process in the past and still hasn't fixed a huge majority of the issues that they started with, let alone actually improved the situation for players. Adding any extra modding into the equation on a Warframe ability is more complicated than even they thought it would be, and has resulted in some of the most arbitrary exclusions and even more arbitrary/accidental inclusions into the systems they changed.

I can see the flaws in the idea, and you're trying to gloss them over by saying that needless complications are the same as nuance and complexity. And they aren't. They're more work that isn't needed, or even really wanted.

More work, in this case, would not equal more reward. Because you have a direct route for both the Devs and the Players to do less work and get exactly the same reward, if not a better reward because the more direct route would allow the Devs more time for them to test and balance out the functions they add.

You are not going to convince me, so let's just leave this one alone.

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

You are not going to convince me, so let's just leave this one alone.

I guess but

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

More work, in this case, would not equal more reward. Because you have a direct route for both the Devs and the Players to do less work and get exactly the same reward, if not a better reward because the more direct route would allow the Devs more time for them to test and balance out the functions they add.

Ok, but explain me how you can push multiple version of tricks (in my case it's another mod in different screen, maybe augmenting base version)? You can say that it would be bad, unnecessary, require more work etc. However I've not seen way to do it in your post... unless I'm missing something.

On 2023-09-16 at 5:12 AM, PsiWarp said:

As I recall, the community complaint of Sevagoth's extensive Forma hunger for his Shadow and its Shadow Claws, just before Yareli's turn, might have been a factor for Merulina being unmoddable. She's unfortunately already super bug-ridden without modding shenanigans.

INbCfDv.png