Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Punchthrough mechanic not working for Latron and Torid. Is it a bug or feature?

_.Hisoka._

You can remove Primed Shred in your builds for these 2 weapons.

Torid's main beam only chains to nearby enemies. Equipping punch through mods on torid has no affect and does not allow for the main beam to punch through for another chain like the Kuva Nukor. Kuva Nukor works fantastic with a punch through mod.

Punch through mods does not affect Latron incarnon either. Which means when you shoot an enemy dead center, the energy ball will rebound right back to your face. If the energy ball has a bounce quirk it is almost essential to have punch through work on this weapon so it can at least go through the first mob and bounce between 2 mobs. Else, the only way to play this weapon is with Mag's magnetize. Even with other warframe's grouping ability once you hit the enemy it is likely to just bounce off.

For these 2 weapons, is it a feature or is it a bug?

• Like 1

It's not  universal, but it's what I'd call standard now for AoE-carrying projectiles to be completely unaffected by Punch Through.  Both of those weapons have AoE components: the Latron in Incarnon mode, Torid in both modes.

1 hour ago, _.Hisoka._ said:

hich means when you shoot an enemy dead center, the energy ball will rebound right back to your face. If the energy ball has a bounce quirk it is almost essential to have punch through work on this weapon so it can at least go through the first mob and bounce between 2 mobs. Else, the only way to play this weapon is with Mag's magnetize. Even with other warframe's grouping ability once you hit the enemy it is likely to just bounce off.

It's a lot like other ricochet guns, but with additional AoE that most don't have.  Shoot at any kind of angle if you don't want it bouncing in your face, and shooting at feet will often keep the projectile ricocheting on one target for a bit.  Group the enemies and it becomes silly.  Magnetize might make it completely absurd, but definitely isn't necessary.

Dual toxocyst incarnon mode also has a ricochet mechanic where the first bullet will ricochet upon impact but if you have punch through, it will go through the first target and ricochet again after hitting the 2nd target.

By using Punch Through every enemy hit with the main shot along the punch through line creates ricochet rounds. - dual toxo wiki

Imagine this on latron, every shot creating multiple balls. Thats too OP, but having just 1 punch through that would be nice.

Anyway I need to confirm if this is a feature or a bug that will be patched. I want to buy/sell rivens so a few thousand plats are on the line here.

Il y a 2 heures, Tiltskillet a dit :

It's not  universal, but it's what I'd call standard now for AoE-carrying projectiles to be completely unaffected by Punch Through.  Both of those weapons have AoE components: the Latron in Incarnon mode, Torid in both modes.

Don't know if it changed, but AoE should have no impact on wether or not punch through is applied.
It's even an actual problem with Rivens on AoE weapons because any punch through make the projectile go through without exploding and it act as a negative stat.

It's most likely a bug since as OP mentionned, the punch through doesn't applies on these 2 weapons while working on weapon that work similarly (all other beams and bouncing shots).

Il y a 3 heures, XHADgaming a dit :

Incarnon mode are balanced differently. They don't take into account many of the main stats of the weapon.

The base stats do not carry but all mods do applies, so punch through should be no exeption.

30 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Don't know if it changed, but AoE should have no impact on wether or not punch through is applied.
It's even an actual problem with Rivens on AoE weapons because any punch through make the projectile go through without exploding and it act as a negative stat.

That changed about a year ago with no explanation from DE.  For the  vast majority of AoE-carrying projectiles, object Punch Through is now disabled.  (Unless it's changed again very recently, but the OP's concern makes me think not.)

15 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

That changed about a year ago with no explanation from DE.  For the  vast majority of AoE-carrying projectiles, object Punch Through is now disabled.  (Unless it's changed again very recently, but the OP's concern makes me think not.)

If that is the case then I feel sad for latron. How about torid though? Its a beam weapon that chains not an AoE weapon. For every other weapon in the game, the main beam punches through and creates another chain.

I am not requesting for any changes btw. I just want to ensure it is a feature and not a bug.

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Torid’s Incarnon form has an AoE at the beam endpoint.

Incarnon Form becomes a continuous beam weapon with a 40 meter range, and a 3 meter damage radius from the point of impact against a surface. The beam is then capable of chaining to up to 5 nearby enemies within 6 meters of each other, with each chain doing 75% of the previous chain's damage. 

I see, I derived the above from wiki. Thanks for clarifying.