The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Dormizones with much potential, are going to waste now.

Turboameeba

There's very little reason for us to go in Dormizones now. They are big apartment sized spaces. Give us something to go there for.. How about the ability to start missions there? Place stations there for crafting, or whatever else.. Hell, even just the ability to start missions there would be cool. We would still have to visit Orbiters to use helminths and whatever else. Currently there's simply no reasons to go in Dormizone. Not even for decorating, since we never visit that place. Decorating alone is just not enough to use that place. We need real reasons to use that place. It would be so much fresh air, to get rid of this ever-claustrophobic Orbiter..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Turboameeba said:

There's very little reason for us to go in Dormizones now. They are big apartment sized spaces. Give us something to go there for.. How about the ability to start missions there? Place stations there for crafting, or whatever else.. Hell, even just the ability to start missions there would be cool. We would still have to visit Orbiters to use helminths and whatever else. Currently there's simply no reasons to go in Dormizone. Not even for decorating, since we never visit that place. Decorating alone is just not enough to use that place. We need real reasons to use that place. It would be so much fresh air, to get rid of this ever-claustrophobic Orbiter..

Yeah we all said all this when dormizones released, but it fell on deaf ears. I have no idea what DE's vision for the dormizones is, or was, but apparently it's not as an orbiter replacement or alternative, or they would've implemented all of these things, especially after we practically begged them to.

The only way it will ever be useful if they're not going to transfer orbiter systems, navigation, etc is if they one day fill it with so many unique systems that it rivals the orbiter and yet shares none of its systems... so maybe it'll really kick off in about 6 years 😌 IDK, maybe they really are saving it for something, I guess that's more optimistic than totally forgetting about it.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

The only way it will ever be useful if they're not going to transfer orbiter systems, navigation, etc is if they one day fill it with so many unique systems that it rivals the orbiter and yet shares none of its systems... so maybe it'll really kick off in about 6 years 😌 IDK, maybe they really are saving it for something, I guess that's more optimistic than totally forgetting about it.

It would be more of an annoyance, imo. I mean, i like the simple orbiter, i don't like staying in The Drifter's camp to check out Kahl's missions weekly (i really hate the black screen transition when moving between the arsenal and navigation areas) and don't like the idea of loading it up every single time i want to check Kahl even if it happens like once a week. I won't deny it's a nice looking landscape, but i have no issues going outdoors for that.

Adding that kind of function would turn dormizones into more of a dojo redux, but at that point why not let us use our clan's dojo as operational center instead and call it a day.

"I get to lay down more in mission floors than on my own Dormizone bed, 0/10, wouldn't recommend, not even to a dude cast on a Wall."

"There's a weird lady in my fitting room that talks to me while I look in the mirror, creepy"

"Last time I got to taste my food was during the (New) War"

"They still haven't installed a single bathroom in the whole Zariman, I can't believe this!"

"I don't even know what am I supposed to be doing in here"

Residents of the Zariman devastated by their living conditions on the ship, more news at 11.
Commercial break with Darvo coming next.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

"I get to lay down more in mission floors than on my own Dormizone bed, 0/10, wouldn't recommend, not even to a dude cast on a Wall."

"There's a weird lady in my fitting room that talks to me while I look in the mirror, creepy"

"Last time I got to taste my food was during the (New) War"

"They still haven't installed a single bathroom in the whole Zariman, I can't believe this!"

"I don't even know what am I supposed to be doing in here"

Residents of the Zariman devastated by their living conditions on the ship, more news at 11.
Commercial break with Darvo coming next.

I mean, considering the Orokin and how they treat their lessers, this all seems pretty lore accurate. :P

6 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

Why Dormizones with much potential, are going to waste now.

Always was actually...

6 hours ago, Turboameeba said:

Its been almost One hear and a Half since Angels of the Zariman came out and with it the Dormizones, i still have not even bothered visiting mine, firstly because of the same reasons you made the topic, theres just nothing to do there, it would just serve as a place to pile up decorations and nothing else and even if DE decided now days to add an access to the players Foundry, Arsenal and Navigation menu, it would still not be fully useful because with New War they gave us Kahl which we can only access through the Drifter`s camp and my second reason i refused to visit the Dormizone is because DE added a feature i proposed years ago for the Personal quarters into the Dormizone instead, the ability to display a customized Skybox through the window.