The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Archon Damage Attenuation changes worry me

Xamuswing

On 2023-09-30 at 4:49 PM, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

I find the Lex Prime Incarnon is the best for taking these enemies out....they just absolutely melt with a Lex Prime Incarnon 

I just dislike stopping to charge it up individually, Felarx comes free of charge (pun intended) as you shoot the bird in the head. So just need to empty the clip upon mission start for fire rate, then bum rush to the boss with no stops.

I mean, yea it's going to be annoying now for sure. I always do the hunts solo with ivara, skipping every mechanic, but I'll say that:

What does it matter in the long run? It's a 5min activity every WEEK. If it takes 7mins now, because I have to sit through those dogsh immunity/add phases of the activated archons, so be it. It honestly won't tickle me. Also the xata's whisper/gen1 incarnon perk combo will probably still bypass damage attenuation, so yea, I am pretty sure with those we get nearly the same results as before.

Also peeps, don't forget, there are other enemies in the game using damage attenuation, for example acolytes. I'll suspect you can still overkill them easily with the usual big hitters, but they should be much easier and faster to kill with all the high fire rate stuff. 

On 2023-09-28 at 9:39 PM, Xamuswing said:

There's no getting around that the Felarx and Kuva Hek are basically the only weapons you can use for Archons atm, but one of the things I like about using them is that an Archon Hunt doesn't take longer than 15 minutes if I really need it to. This is helpful for me since I work full time and don't have as much free time as I'd like to play games like Warframe that are so grind happy as some other players that basically dedicate 60+ hours a week to this game. I know that the average player usually has to take like an hour to finish a full hunt, even with a full squad, but I simply don't have that kind of luxury every week. The one-shot builds are kinda necessary if I wanna get all the content I want done that week, and unless other weekly systems like Circuit or Nightwave are made significantly less tedious, I don't see this as a net positive.

Edit: A few people are confused, when I say an Archon Hunt takes 15 minutes, I'm referring to missions 1 and 2 in the hunt as well, not just the last one. Putting this in bold text bcus people can't read.

I killed archon boreal with a operator amp ( granted with cirtine's crystal adding elemental damage to my attacks,  but still ) so I disagree that the ferlax and kuva hek are your only options 

That said I do agree the changes to damage attunition is worrying,  they have been slowly making the archons more and more of bullet sponges over the last few updates along with long missions leading up to the archon to begin with , it seems needlessly drawn out 

On 2023-09-28 at 10:35 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

I stopped using felarx quite some time ago , 

I still manage in under 20 minutes with my strun (incarnon with a lot of multishot) and the dual toxocyst (having near infinite ammo helps) and my lavos , solo.

I don't enjoy the kuva hek as much, too much downtime for me.

But i do still hate damage attenuation , I hope whatever changes they make us better than what we have.

The most important thing is not dying. 

The second most important thing is getting it done in a reasonable amount of time. 

I can bring a frame like inaros or Revenant and a weapon with infinite/regenerating ammo (kitgun with pax charge, nataruk, cycron etc) if i have to and if it takes 45 minuted (im exaggerating) so be it.

But imo "sit there and chew on the enemy forever" isnt fun. 

I feel like the damage attenuation was to prevent there being a narrow meta and now we just have a narrow meta that exists slightly seperate from the rest of the game. 

And im worried its just gonna make the activity take longer without any upside, when they change it.

• Like 1

On 2023-10-02 at 2:40 AM, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

The most important thing is not dying. 

The second most important thing is getting it done in a reasonable amount of time. 

I can bring a frame like inaros or Revenant and a weapon with infinite/regenerating ammo (kitgun with pax charge, nataruk, cycron etc) if i have to and if it takes 45 minuted (im exaggerating) so be it.

But imo "sit there and chew on the enemy forever" isnt fun. 

I feel like the damage attenuation was to prevent there being a narrow meta and now we just have a narrow meta that exists slightly seperate from the rest of the game. 

And im worried its just gonna make the activity take longer without any upside, when they change it.

I do agree , 

Not dying is important , that's kinda important everywhere , and there are multiple ways to achieve that - i completed with a Harrow once (with much difficulty) and have now picked lavos as my go to (much much easier) ,

getting it done in a  reasonable time is also important but reasonable time is subject to the person playing ,  10 to 15 minutes is reasonable for me.

The damage attenuation , as it exists  , does not do the job it's supposed to do and should absolutely get removed as it does make it narrow.

Considering the multipliers will also be attenuated there will be (probably) removal of those narrow choices , whether it actually helps the other weapons remains to be seen depending on how high the attenuation ceiling is going to be.