The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Semi-Automatic Accessibility

OgreEye

Hey, this is an old request I know, but since it seems like the upcoming update is including a lot of accessibility, including automelee (thank you for that one), this is particularly topical. As it stands, even after the change you made to it, many semi-auto weapons simply get too fast. We have mods that nearly double fire rate (Vile accel anybody?) and things that are already starting at like 4.0, on top of wisp existing. I like a few of these weapons but it's easy as hell for me to get carpal tunnel, I'd appreciate a toggle to just change semi-autos full auto in the settings. In a perfect world you'd be able to set a minimum fire rate threshold for the switch (to account for factors like said wisp players on a gun you might otherwise want to keep semi) but really just the switch on its own would be extremely helpful. I'd also like for it to apply (or maybe for there to be a separate switch altogether) to things like bows to make them automatically fire at full charge so it's not a weird timing guessing game when you have to fire at many things at once, because even with things like nataruk where you want a perfect charge, if you're charging to full anyways you already missed the window, so it won't be a impediment.

• Like 7

On 2023-10-05 at 7:22 AM, OgreEye said:

Hey, this is an old request I know, but since it seems like the upcoming update is including a lot of accessibility, including automelee (thank you for that one), this is particularly topical. As it stands, even after the change you made to it, many semi-auto weapons simply get too fast. We have mods that nearly double fire rate (Vile accel anybody?) and things that are already starting at like 4.0, on top of wisp existing. I like a few of these weapons but it's easy as hell for me to get carpal tunnel, I'd appreciate a toggle to just change semi-autos full auto in the settings. In a perfect world you'd be able to set a minimum fire rate threshold for the switch (to account for factors like said wisp players on a gun you might otherwise want to keep semi) but really just the switch on its own would be extremely helpful. I'd also like for it to apply (or maybe for there to be a separate switch altogether) to things like bows to make them automatically fire at full charge so it's not a weird timing guessing game when you have to fire at many things at once, because even with things like nataruk where you want a perfect charge, if you're charging to full anyways you already missed the window, so it won't be a impediment.

DE already addressed this problem

they took a handful of 'too fast' semi guns, and nerfed their fire rates.

so its 'fixed' now.

RIP Burson, Vasto Prime

Feel free to voice your thoughts in my long-running thread on this subject. And like mentioned above, they did take a stab at making some Semi-Auto weapons easier to use, but there are still plenty of people who think this should be in the same category as Auto-Melee and the like.

So come on down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-10-12 at 6:12 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

DE already addressed this problem

they took a handful of 'too fast' semi guns, and nerfed their fire rates.

so its 'fixed' now.

RIP Burson, Vasto Prime

Severely L take, fire rate was never important on semis, the dmg is key and everything, all semis requires your hand to be spamming it so that you actually deal dmg, and who thought that 99% of players is going to have auto-clicker for this? The base dmg difference is so important and semis never need any fire rate mods, any semi gun with a 3-5 fire rate/s or below that is healthy for your hand's click tempo, yet still dealing a better dmg.

As a magnus prime enjoyer, I can tell that you simply only need dmg, onetapping or your hands will be dying with that much fire rate because you gotta "kill fast", just 5mins of me spamming magnus with 8 fire rate and my hand pains.

Edited by Amolistic.