Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Nemesis Weapons

TinyBaconByte

I'm sure the community would have mixed feelings about another Nemesis system, but I for one would love the ability to upgrade more of my favorite weapons to level 40 for that delicious extra mod capacity. There's been a few infested weapons on my list that I loved the game play for, but could just use a little more love like a nemesis weapon rework. So far, here's the weapons I would suggest:

• Proboscis Cernos #1 (love the high range mechanic to pull enemies in with tendrils before blowing them up)
  • Bubonico
  • Catabolyst (throwing the explosive sac is very satisfying)
  • Zymos
  • Cerata
  • Pox
  • Caustacyst
  • Keratinos
  • Mios
  • Dual Toxocyst

These are just a few examples and I'm curious what other options the community thinks about in getting stronger infested weapons. The infested have several planets too where the infested can inhabit. The game is already almost set up to be able to host one. Even though it's half Grineer, Mercury would be the perfect starting zone as this is the planet we meet the infestation from the very beginning with Eris being the *you really upgraded your nemesis like that huh* moment. The order being:

• Mercury
  • Deimos
  • Europa (still corpus, but infested lack the planet numbers and Europa is not in use. Plus this is around the same level 3 planets as the others)
  • (I think DE could add another moon to be a home location for infested such as Titan around Saturn)
  • Eris

I'm also curious to see what variety of infested nemesis appearances and ephmeras we could get. I would not mind farming another nemesis mission as it gives me more to do and brings more life into the outdated infested weapons. As a bonus, I'd love to see some other nemesis weapons from other factions, but not really sure what faction they'd fit into such as Nataruuk. I really want to make Nataruuk my primary eidelon weapon, but I'm limited by my mod capacity so badly. I can't fit all my primed mods on it sadly.

Edited by TinyBaconByte

Nataruuk is sentient based. You did the quest, you know what it is, what it's about, and how you came to have it.

So are Shedu, Basmu, War and Broken War.

Battacor and Ocucor are sentient and corpus amalgams, as well as Cyannex and Kommorex.

Funny how you included all these weapons, just to leave out Scoliac in the dust. Whips really are a dead weapon type, aren't they.

Other than that, it wouldn't make much sense for a Nemesis system unless the Infestation had a "superior authority" of sorts, creating them. This would require further lore development regarding the Infestation as a whole, as we don't have any sort of figure that an infested Nemesis would "relate" to or "look up" to, like the other two, as from any potential Infested antagonists, bosses we've fought time and time again are pretty much out of the picture, leaving room for either Vome & Fass or some entity yet to be created in the lore that would be based on Eris.

I'm not too against the idea, but you have to remember it needs to make some sort of sense in the lore to be tied to requiem mods.

23 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Other than that, it wouldn't make much sense for a Nemesis system unless the Infestation had a "superior authority" of sorts, creating them. This would require further lore development regarding the Infestation as a whole, as we don't have any sort of figure that an infested Nemesis would "relate" to or "look up" to, like the other two, as from any potential Infested antagonists, bosses we've fought time and time again are pretty much out of the picture, leaving room for either Vome & Fass or some entity yet to be created in the lore that would be based on Eris.

When you look at common Infested units you have ground enemies like Runners or flying enemies like Mutalist osprey. So infested being "one" doesn't mean they are using same weapons for all enemies.

On 2023-10-07 at 12:47 PM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Other than that, it wouldn't make much sense for a Nemesis system unless the Infestation had a "superior authority" of sorts, creating them. This would require further lore development regarding the Infestation as a whole, as we don't have any sort of figure that an infested Nemesis would "relate" to or "look up" to

Spoiler

WarframeArloTongue.png

Edited by Qriist
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Quite literally, Arlo says hello. See post above.

Hell, they even have a perfect base unit model to make into liches: the Zealoid Prelate on Deimos/Exequias.

It's vaguely humanoid and uses a weapon, would be super easy to adapt into a lich.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Qriist said:

Hell, they even have a perfect base unit model to make into liches: the Zealoid Prelate on Deimos/Exequias.

It's vaguely humanoid and uses a weapon, would be super easy to adapt into a lich.

That's just one Zealot, there's 3 others that are itching to return. One thing I'm surprised about, for Infested invasions, DE should've absolutely had the Zealots as an assassination squad.

On 2023-10-07 at 11:47 AM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Nataruuk is sentient based. You did the quest, you know what it is, what it's about, and how you came to have it.

So are Shedu, Basmu, War and Broken War.

Battacor and Ocucor are sentient and corpus amalgams, as well as Cyannex and Kommorex.

Funny how you included all these weapons, just to leave out Scoliac in the dust. Whips really are a dead weapon type, aren't they.

I'm not too against the idea, but you have to remember it needs to make some sort of sense in the lore to be tied to requiem mods.

This post is open to discussion. I just listed a few options as I haven't tried all the infested weapons yet. Scoliac can be added to the list. The infested overall operates like a hive mind. Something or someone is clearly controlling them and whoever/whatever that entity is would be fully capable of creating nemesis. DE is always adding to the lore so it wouldn't be completely out of the question.

5 hours ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Wasn't that content resolved by the end of the Nightwave series it came in? Started playing the game around the time it was about to end.

I came in during the Glassmaker Nightwave so Arlo's stuff was before my time. As far as I can tell there wasn't any real wrapup to the questline. No boss fight against Arlo or anything like that.

il y a 34 minutes, Qriist a dit :

I came in during the Glassmaker Nightwave so Arlo's stuff was before my time. As far as I can tell there wasn't any real wrapup to the questline. No boss fight against Arlo or anything like that.

Well then it would make sense to have more lore around Arlo and stuff.

• Like 1