The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PlagueStar

43 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Personally I dont think DE will change the forma potential from Plague Star since the event comes around so rarely. And do you mean 12+ forma for the whole even or per day? I can only speak from my own experience and the previous 4 Plague Stars where I walked away with 100+ glistening magnificent pre-built formas. I set the goal of doing 10 runs per day, so spent roughly 2 hours daily on the event by doing runs in about 12 minutes, unless certain things bugged and slowed down the clear speed. So 10 forma per day. During the latest one however that was 3+ weeks long I did less runs per day as the event went on, but I farmed atleast 150 if not close to 200 forma during that one.

This! The wanting Plague star to return is not really for the event but the promise of untold riches in the form of forma. In my opinion its not a great event and still buggy (since this is the first time it's returned since new war I've a feeling it will be more than buggy ie drone getting stick everywhere). But it's one of the only events worth doing for older players because forma is still useful for everyone. If they capped it at 12 I think it would be pitchfork o'clock. Managed to farm over 250 last time it ran.

7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Personally I dont think DE will change the forma potential from Plague Star since the event comes around so rarely. And do you mean 12+ forma for the whole even or per day? I can only speak from my own experience and the previous 4 Plague Stars where I walked away with 100+ glistening magnificent pre-built formas. I set the goal of doing 10 runs per day, so spent roughly 2 hours daily on the event by doing runs in about 12 minutes, unless certain things bugged and slowed down the clear speed. So 10 forma per day. During the latest one however that was 3+ weeks long I did less runs per day as the event went on, but I farmed atleast 150 if not close to 200 forma during that one.

Like a random, mix of guesswork about the average over, say a week. Usually they are a bit over a week, but yes, the last in 2022 was over 3 weeks. Again though emphasis on guesswork, and anecdote, like talking to randoms, Alliance members, friends etc. 

For example, do you think you are the average in regards to Forma acquirement? 100+? You could be right, I have no hard data to say otherwise, I am just generally aware that there can be large gaps in differences of behaviour of players. Like with a lot of Warframe. The other day on the Reddit there was a post about someone acquiring 10,000 Crisma Toroids (likely more assuming they spent some, it was just current inventory). Now I personally like doing Profit Taker now and then for fun, but I am not sure that I am the average for that either, I probably do it more than the average person. There are a few areas in Warframe, we do have some data though, like the funny fact about more MR30+ people than people who max ranked K-Drive Syndicate (or something to do with K-Drives, can't remember which statistic or trophy was being tracked for comparison). 

What would be your guess or belief about the average amount of Forma, your average ongoing Warframe player would walk away from the event with? Feel free to specify your own time period if you think that helps too. Oh and quickly back to my anecdotal evidence, most people I talked to last time specifically, just wanted Ghoulsaw, and a few some parts they missed from past years, and were mostly burned out on that, but then grinded out a bit more to get a dozen or so Forma. Could be flawed sample though, since many of them are off and on, many of them like myself have a lot of Forma, and Plat, and vaulted Primes I could sell to make Plat, and a general willingness to just buy Forma bundles if needed. I think I could maybe do 3 days of 2 hour daily Plague Star only stuff, but I would have to tap out after that ha, but thats also my Warframe style in general, I like to do different things, and not the same thing over and over. 

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

This! The wanting Plague star to return is not really for the event but the promise of untold riches in the form of forma. In my opinion its not a great event and still buggy (since this is the first time it's returned since new war I've a feeling it will be more than buggy ie drone getting stick everywhere). But it's one of the only events worth doing for older players because forma is still useful for everyone. If they capped it at 12 I think it would be pitchfork o'clock. Managed to farm over 250 last time it ran.

Peoples willingness and average grinding =/= capped amounts. 

Anecdotal, but most of the older players I know, have a decent amount of stocked Forma, and some only do Plague Star if it offers new items. Though, a lot still do it, because well, can be nice to engage it an 'annual' event (even if last year was skipped), and having too much Forma is a great 'problem' to have. Our hauls still vary considerably though, for different reasons. 

Do you think you represent the average player? If you don't, how much do you think the average player walks away from the event with?

2 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Peoples willingness and average grinding =/= capped amounts. 

Anecdotal, but most of the older players I know, have a decent amount of stocked Forma, and some only do Plague Star if it offers new items. Though, a lot still do it, because well, can be nice to engage it an 'annual' event (even if last year was skipped), and having too much Forma is a great 'problem' to have. Our hauls still vary considerably though, for different reasons. 

Do you think you represent the average player? If you don't, how much do you think the average player walks away from the event with?

Have to say I don't claim to be the average player I  this. My haul from last time was no doubt way more than most. But people still do hit it hard just for this. I still have Forma left over from the event but I'll probably hit it hard again if time allows especially as it certainly isn't an annual event any more. Also it depends what others in my clan do. Not as many are as active as before but tend to come back when an event happens. Will this event be enough for them to? Time will tell but the promise of forma is certainly a big reason why they would.

36 minutes ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

Have to say I don't claim to be the average player I  this. My haul from last time was no doubt way more than most. But people still do hit it hard just for this. I still have Forma left over from the event but I'll probably hit it hard again if time allows especially as it certainly isn't an annual event any more. Also it depends what others in my clan do. Not as many are as active as before but tend to come back when an event happens. Will this event be enough for them to? Time will tell but the promise of forma is certainly a big reason why they would.

Same, based on some of my stats, certain stats, I am very much not the average player. Which means guesses and estimates without much external data, DE providing it for us, runs the inherent risk of overestimating and underestimating. Like if DE did provide us numbers, and it suggested that the average Forma haul based on certain factors/variables (like whether whether its only counting those that participated or alternatively those that played Warframe that week etc), and it was only 5? Some might be surprised, and if it were 20? Some people might be surprised too, and if it were 100? So on. Its also why I am careful about others guesses, especially when they are transparent and candid about being guesses. Its one thing to be incredulous to ones guess, without having your own, and another thing entirely to acknowledge it could be, as we don't really know., even if your guess is different too 

I think 6 out of 7 years could still classify it as annual, especially in context of the reported issues they had last year, because of some of the POE changes, but thats also why I put in apostrophe, if someone wanted to, for whatever reason focus in on that. May lay with the future, as in if it happens for another consecutive 6 years, as opposed to doesn't appear next year. Its not really my main point though. 

For some people, 10 Forma is a lot, even if it isn't much to others. By the same token, the appeal of Forma, has to be measured next to the actual hours and time, doing the event to get the Standing to earn the Forma. Like a prior poster grinding two hours daily? For weeks? Some will view that as a valuable change, but others won't. Its like the user I mentioned who has 10,000 Crisma Toroids. I bet a lot of people would like 10 K Crisma Toroids, not as many will run Profit taker 5000 times (well probably less than assuming they take Smeeta, and it procs Charm occasionally). 

My guess may be entirely inaccurate and an underestimation of how much people grind the event, and the events Forma is definitely a draw, I am just curious how much of a draw it is, to most people. There can be a lot of diversity in the playstyle and perspective, even within a minority of a minority of players, and people generally aren't always good at separating or discerning their habits and priorities with others.

Would be cool if DE/Reb could feed us more behind the scenes stats on such things. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Small disclaimer, and this isn't intended to damper your hype (or anyone elses), but... I sometimes think, some players don't realise how tedious and boring Plague Star can be for some others, who don't enjoy it.

When Megan said they were looking at getting it out this year (Before saying outright it would be happening a couple of weeks later.) she said they wanted to re-release it with some QoL and restructuring.  It's not weird to think part of the restructuring might involve the accessibility of forma.  But as somebody who could not summon the motivation to play the event more than a handful of runs between the last two times it dropped, my main hope is they were working on making it more fun.  At least for a while.

Rewards that interest me like built forma are an important ingredient.  But clearly not enough on their own.  And if I enjoy the content for its intrinsic qualities, I won't care too much--within broad limits--how slowly the rewards funnel in.

16 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

When Megan said they were looking at getting it out this year (Before saying outright it would be happening a couple of weeks later.) she said they wanted to re-release it with some QoL and restructuring.  It's not weird to think part of the restructuring might involve the accessibility of forma.  But as somebody who could not summon the motivation to play the event more than a handful of runs between the last two times it dropped, my main hope is they were working on making it more fun.  At least for a while.

Rewards that interest me like built forma are an important ingredient.  But clearly not enough on their own.  And if I enjoy the content for its intrinsic qualities, I won't care too much--within broad limits--how slowly the rewards funnel in.

I am not holding much concrete expectations, but it would be a pleasant surprise if they the QOL and restructuring were substantial. That would also be my main hope as well. To make it more fun, and interesting. Overly repetitiveness quests like it, with little room for variety, have not much appeal to me. Its a bit like the Anniversary quests that were "run this 100 times and you might get a Riven" with the Wolf Sledge week, I assume, being the most popular, because even if you did run that quest 100 times, it could arguably be worth it, given how grindy and time locked the Wolf Sledge is otherwise. I know that many others are much more cool with very repetitive quests for the sake of certain rewards but eh. 

The other small issue, similar to Dog Days, is that for newer players, the grind can be even more laborious, if they want to collect past exclusive items as well, and not just whatever the new item may be. I mean makes sense in some ways and again, I would never want to damper the hype and excitement for those who are hype and excited, I just know not all feel that way. 

2 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

The other small issue, similar to Dog Days, is that for newer players, the grind can be even more laborious, if they want to collect past exclusive items as well, and not just whatever the new item may be. I mean makes sense in some ways and again, I would never want to damper the hype and excitement for those who are hype and excited, I just know not all feel that way. 

Yeah, I really don't have much hope it's going to be more interesting to me.  But maybe there's at least a little more potential of it not being a brain-numbing slog after 10 runs for somebody who has never encountered it  before this year, like it was for me the first time.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Like a random, mix of guesswork about the average over, say a week. Usually they are a bit over a week, but yes, the last in 2022 was over 3 weeks. Again though emphasis on guesswork, and anecdote, like talking to randoms, Alliance members, friends etc. 

For example, do you think you are the average in regards to Forma acquirement? 100+? You could be right, I have no hard data to say otherwise, I am just generally aware that there can be large gaps in differences of behaviour of players. Like with a lot of Warframe. The other day on the Reddit there was a post about someone acquiring 10,000 Crisma Toroids (likely more assuming they spent some, it was just current inventory). Now I personally like doing Profit Taker now and then for fun, but I am not sure that I am the average for that either, I probably do it more than the average person. There are a few areas in Warframe, we do have some data though, like the funny fact about more MR30+ people than people who max ranked K-Drive Syndicate (or something to do with K-Drives, can't remember which statistic or trophy was being tracked for comparison). 

What would be your guess or belief about the average amount of Forma, your average ongoing Warframe player would walk away from the event with? Feel free to specify your own time period if you think that helps too. Oh and quickly back to my anecdotal evidence, most people I talked to last time specifically, just wanted Ghoulsaw, and a few some parts they missed from past years, and were mostly burned out on that, but then grinded out a bit more to get a dozen or so Forma. Could be flawed sample though, since many of them are off and on, many of them like myself have a lot of Forma, and Plat, and vaulted Primes I could sell to make Plat, and a general willingness to just buy Forma bundles if needed. I think I could maybe do 3 days of 2 hour daily Plague Star only stuff, but I would have to tap out after that ha, but thats also my Warframe style in general, I like to do different things, and not the same thing over and over. 

Honestly I'm not sure if I can consider myself as part of the avarage, since for me around 2 hours per day spent on a week long event isnt much when I compare it to similar activities in other games I've played. At the same time it can also be well beyond the avarage since WF just has so many other things to do, that spending 2 hours per day on a single activity isnt viable time allocation for some. Why I stopped at 2 hours or around 100 forma was because my brain for some reason got the bright idea that such an amount of forma would last me a long while. Which *spoiler alert* was not the case, at which point I wondered why I hadnt farmed the event more. This same thought occured at each of the Plague Star re-runs. And the reason why I followed my stupid little brain each time is likely a cause of being fed up at that point doing it over and over. A case of "when the belly is full the flour tastes bitter" as we say here.

So if I have to guess based on time spent for me to get that 100+ forma over a week I'd say the avarage probably ends up somewhere around 25 forma or 3-4 runs per day. With avarage speed and few bugs that would end up at 35-45 minutes daily. One thing with this guess though is that the avarage would likely end up lower the longer the event runs since there is a higher chance people will get burnt out.

However the most important part is probably the carrot. And it is a big carrot in Plague Star. Which can be noticed when we compare PS to other events, for isntance I've barely touched dog days, since there just isnt anything of value to get over an over and over. If dog days had forma I would have likely played it daily aswell for a couple of rounds atleast, but as it is now I touched it on day 1 and finished what I needed and havent touched it again.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Why I stopped at 2 hours or around 100 forma was because my brain for some reason got the bright idea that such an amount of forma would last me a long while. Which *spoiler alert* was not the case, at which point I wondered why I hadnt farmed the event more. This same thought occured at each of the Plague Star re-runs. And the reason why I followed my stupid little brain each time is likely a cause of being fed up at that point doing it over and over. A case of "when the belly is full the flour tastes bitter" as we say here.

I assume you still enjoy the activity though, on some level to persist through all that? Or is it more the case that you value the reward so much, that you are willing to offset any grind you might feel? 

For myself, as soon as I start to not enjoy it at all, I just move on and consider alternatives. Like for myself, I'd probably find it far more fun and convenient to just buy Forma bundles by selling stuff, I get from say, Relic Fissures, or like Arcanes. Though I do enjoy doing a little bit of Plague Star. That is a pretty amusing and neat saying too, regardless. The one about flour. 

15 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I assume you still enjoy the activity though, on some level to persist through all that? Or is it more the case that you value the reward so much, that you are willing to offset any grind you might feel? 

For myself, as soon as I start to not enjoy it at all, I just move on and consider alternatives. Like for myself, I'd probably find it far more fun and convenient to just buy Forma bundles by selling stuff, I get from say, Relic Fissures, or like Arcanes. Though I do enjoy doing a little bit of Plague Star. That is a pretty amusing and neat saying too, regardless. The one about flour. 

I'd say a bit of both, with heavy focus on the dangly carrot. The gameplay helps to make me keep interest in the farm since it is different from most everything else I do in the game on a daily basis. And since it is only around for a week it still keeps my interest. The 3 week Plague however clearly reduced my interest because I didnt keep up the farm at a consistant level through week 2 and 3. If I had farmed consistantly through all 3 weeks I would have walked away with 300+ forma no doubt.

Here is rough transaltion of another wise saying, "When in urgent need your ass is always dragging behind". :clem:💩

• Like 1