The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acolyte ability that teleports you to them needs to be fixed

Hexerin

On 2023-10-14 at 4:32 PM, Hexerin said:

There's nothing fun or engaging about being unable to move more than 1m away from them

They perform that if their target:

• Is unreachable or has gained significant distance from the Acolyte
  • As shown in your video, any invisibility while gaining distance from an Acolyte

Nevertheless, Acolytes need to be reworked to be more lenient so their encounters aren't binary (you or the Acolyte getting killed in a one-sided engagement).

It's off-putting how some Acolytes like Mania and Angst can stunlock (ragdoll you for the former) without any Status/stagger immunity, while they don't really react to your attacks.

Malice is the most blatant, as his Magnetize has poor visual feedback. While you can roll to shake the Magnetize sphere off, where else would you learn this? The Conclave.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duality52 said:

They perform that if their target:

• Is unreachable or has gained significant distance from the Acolyte
  • As shown in your video, any invisibility while gaining distance from an Acolyte

Nevertheless, Acolytes need to be reworked to be more lenient so their encounters aren't binary (you or the Acolyte getting killed in a one-sided engagement).

It's off-putting how some Acolytes like Mania and Angst can stunlock (ragdoll you for the former) without any Status/stagger immunity, while they don't really react to your attacks.

Malice is the most blatant, as his Magnetize has poor visual feedback. While you can roll to shake the Magnetize sphere off, where else would you learn this? The Conclave.

Invisibility has literally nothing to do with it. They did this to my Mag in another mission the other day.

• Like 1

On 2023-10-15 at 10:45 PM, Voltage said:

In Warframe, the counterplay is just killing the enemy faster than their ability to do something to you.

That is absolutely awful game design, not to put too fine a point on it. When the player's best course of action is to interact with game mechanics as little as possible, something has gone very wrong. This is, in fact, one of Warframe's most prominent failings. The majority of enemies are functionally interchangeable because the die too fast to actually DO anything. Boss-level encounters, at least, should not work like this.

1 hour ago, Steel_Rook said:

That is absolutely awful game design, not to put too fine a point on it. When the player's best course of action is to interact with game mechanics as little as possible, something has gone very wrong. This is, in fact, one of Warframe's most prominent failings. The majority of enemies are functionally interchangeable because the die too fast to actually DO anything. Boss-level encounters, at least, should not work like this.

Oh I'm in total agreement, that's just how it is though.

26 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Oh I'm in total agreement, that's just how it is though.

Fair enough, but I still feel it's worth criticising. Warframe has all the mechanics to be a truly excellent action game, but we rarely if ever get to interact with most of them. Sentients have breakable body parts. Nobody cares, just kill them quickly. Eximus units only drain you if you stand in their spawned effects. Nobody cares, just kill them quickly. Tusk Bombards shoot dumbfire rockets which they telegraph with a laser sight. Did you know that? Because it took me 4 years to notice. The solution to every problem in Warframe is to entirely sidestep it. Usually, that comes in the form of making one's self functionally unkillable and giving one's self one-shot damage.

A friend of mine once joked about that. I asked what the Archon aura on the ground did, since it didn't seem to have any effect. His response was "Health damage. If there's anything that you don't know what it does, it does health damage." I play Inaros and now Grendel, meaning that I basically don't even see health damage. I don't need to dodge enemy attacks, I don't need to prioritise individual enemies, I don't need to engage with their mechanics because the quite literally can't kill me. So when an enemy pops up who teleports and ragdolls me... I default to the same solution. Swap to my Operator, go Void Mode, disregard the mechanic.

I hate how to solution to every challenging encounter in this game... is to cheese it.

The Scorpion grappling hook was nerfed for how annoying it was, I don't see any excuse to not nerf a forced teleport that can go through walls and you can't do anything about it other than being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian.

• 8 months later...

Mercury, Caloris, steel Path rescue..
yoinked to the END side of the mission... 3 times now, while also having other time outs that shouldn't have happened.
Starting to get REALLY frusterated with the tele-yoink breaking missions beyond completion. (have to abandon mission, timer for the hostage wasn't even started when I was yoinked )

• Like 1

Imagine doing this in Void Sabotage. Being pulled into the other place just to be warped back somewhere else. Oh and sharkwing missions. Being underwater makes things wonky.