Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rarest Relic tier is TOO rare

CrownOfShadows

Yeah it's too rare. When you have a full squad running radiants for half a dozen missions and they still can't get it, there's a problem.

It's a problem because of how much time it takes to:

1. get the relics
  2. get the traces
  3. get the group
  4. run the missions

Especially in the off-season. If we could please just increase the chance from 0.000000000001% to 0.01%

(or better yet do some deep thinking about making the relic system feel better in general)

I understand there's supposed to be and should be a grind associated with it, but at some point there's a line, unfair is unfair. To do all that work for nothing sucks and make me absolutely hate it.

32 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Yeah it's too rare. When you have a full squad running radiants for half a dozen missions and they still can't get it, there's a problem.

It's a problem because of how much time it takes to:

1. get the relics
  2. get the traces
  3. get the group
  4. run the missions

Especially in the off-season. If we could please just increase the chance from 0.000000000001% to 0.01%

(or better yet do some deep thinking about making the relic system feel better in general)

I understand there's supposed to be and should be a grind associated with it, but at some point there's a line, unfair is unfair. To do all that work for nothing sucks and make me absolutely hate it.

Considering the % chance you listed is not accurate to the actual numbers (and wildly incorrect) I don't know if I can take the post seriously. The chance for a rare drop from a radiant is 10%. 

You have a 90% chance to roll a rare drop in 5.5 runs with a group doing only radiant relics. it is a bummer you got unlucky but the drop chance on these things is not too low.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Yeah it's too rare

If you're referring to the rare drop % from radiant relics, that's 10%. Running a radshare with a full squad gets your chances of getting it up to 34.4% per run, with everyone using a radiant relic of that type.

It's not particularly rare in this case, but it is RNG so there's no guarantees whatsoever. You just happened to get extremely unlucky if you've done 6 missions and not received one yet, since there's a 92% chance of receiving a rare drop by 6 missions with all radshare relics.

• Like 3

Well if you're trying to argue that 6 runs with a full squad of radiants is a fair and balanced grind for one item, then those stats are fine.

I don't think that's very balanced though. The sheer amount of game time it takes to get 6 radiant relics and a squad with 6 radiant relics each also, plus all the void traces necessary to refine 6 radiant relics in the first place, it's just too tortuous of a grind for ONE item and a complete disrespect of player time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Well if you're trying to argue that 6 runs with a full squad of radiants is a fair and balanced grind for one item, then those stats are fine.

I don't think that's very balanced though. The sheer amount of game time it takes to get 6 radiant relics and a squad with 6 radiant relics each also, plus all the void traces necessary to refine 6 radiant relics in the first place, it's just too tortuous of a grind for ONE item and a complete disrespect of player time.

Considering with relics you're chasing intentionally rare stuff, yes it is a perfectly acceptable drop rate. 

7 minutes ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Well, we'll agree to disagree on that.

Nothing wrong with a little disagreement. I definitely see where you're coming from on this. It can be frustrating to expend resources that take time acquiring only to be left with broken expectations.

This is one of those things where it's rare because they make money off of it being that way. If they were easy to get there would be no incentive for whales to spend the 100$ on prime access every few months. So it's not likely to get much easier ever.

It's actually pretty surprising how much easier they've made it from how it used to be with being able to reliably grind axi relics form lua disruption now. Before when anything was in an axi relic it was like a week long affair trying to get that crap cus the most efficient grind was B and C rotation in an interception mission and it was just a slog that encouraged afk cheese. I probably spent a few dozen hours just afk Banshee or Nyx grinding interception for Axi relics. In solo of course.

The only time I think it's really egregious tho is when a prime has more than one rare part. Or worse, when it requires multiple of the same rare part which means you need twice and many of the same relic to get it.

It is an annoying grind. But it's far from the worst the game has to offer. Most of the prime stuff nowadays is pretty garbage besides the frames anyways. Which is kinda sad cus they used to be the top tier gear.

In the long run tho, because grinding for this stuff forces you to stockpile relics, it's actually pretty great. Cus later when all this stuff is vaulted and worth something you have a ton of relics with valuable parts in them. In a way it stimulates the player economy really positively.

Edited by PollexMessier

7 hours ago, Leqesai said:
7 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Considering the % chance you listed is not accurate to the actual numbers (and wildly incorrect) I don't know if I can take the post seriously. The chance for a rare drop from a radiant is 10%. 

You have a 90% chance to roll a rare drop in 5.5 runs with a group doing only radiant relics. it is a bummer you got unlucky but the drop chance on these things is not too low.

> Nitpick exagerated OP's stuff

> says that OP's experience is wrong because of "basic probability"

I don't know if I can take you seriously. To be more... ugh... serious, you are (probably) not wrong*. However that's not OP's experience. Explaining real people's experience with basic probability (like you used) is not the best way to do it. Sure majority of people will get that in that 6-12 runs. However there are people that needs much more runs. Maybe 30 each. And some people will get it in 1-2 runs. That's the Bell Curve. It "explains" (one of things it explains) that there is percentage of people getting extreme bad/good luck (extreme number of runs, small and big). Given number of people (and maybe faulty RNG) you get "lot of people" getting extreme bad luck.

* I don't feel like doing math myself, so I believe you have done it right

5 hours ago, Leqesai said:
5 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Considering with relics you're chasing intentionally rare stuff, yes it is a perfectly acceptable drop rate. 

Yeah, rare means veeeery low drop chance. However in games it's not great experience. I play solo and trying to get Rare is just disgusting experience. Not only what OP is describing. You run that Radiant and you are left with Uncommon forma blueprint. I've once run... I think 26 runs. 25 were common stuff, 5 uncommon forma. only 1, yes 1, were uncommon or rare stuff. And nowadays you need 2 rare. Nowadays I rarely run void fissures. Just few runs max if I get void traces and relics (I'm not farming them).