Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constant Several-Second Freezing not related to multiplayer - even within Orbiter

pepspacito

As of about a month ago, my game is freezing for several seconds constantly and it's making the game completely unplayable. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it will chain freeze for 10+ seconds.

I've done everything recommended in other posts and am convinced it's not a hardware issue as a couple of months ago this NEVER happened, not even for a split second. I don't have a super high-end PC  but considering the game ran perfectly smooth for several weeks with no stutters or freezes I'm ruling that out as the cause. It's not just because of loading a bunch of textures all at once either as some other relevant posts have said, because this happens in solo mode even within the orbiter completely by myself, and sometimes even just trying to exit the game.

I'm not having connectivity issues either, as when the freezes happen I'm still connected to Discord and Spotify with no lapses. It's also getting worse now.

This is still happening after I have tried:

1. Verify & optimizing download cache
  2. Clearing shader cache
  3. Switching between fullscreen/windowed/borderless
  4. Full game reinstall
  5. Graphics driver update
  6. Both classic and enhanced graphics engine
  7. Both DirectX 11 and DirectX 12
  8. Solo, friends only, AND public modes

Here's video proof of a particularly bad instance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pepspacito said:

As of about a month ago, my game is freezing for several seconds constantly and it's making the game completely unplayable. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it will chain freeze for 10+ seconds.

I've done everything recommended in other posts and am convinced it's not a hardware issue as a couple of months ago this NEVER happened, not even for a split second. I don't have a super high-end PC  but considering the game ran perfectly smooth for several weeks with no stutters or freezes I'm ruling that out as the cause. It's not just because of loading a bunch of textures all at once either as some other relevant posts have said, because this happens in solo mode even within the orbiter completely by myself, and sometimes even just trying to exit the game.

I'm not having connectivity issues either, as when the freezes happen I'm still connected to Discord and Spotify with no lapses. It's also getting worse now.

Hi pepspacito, thanks for bringing this to our attention! We're about to look into these freezes on our end, but in the meantime, can you please send us a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log? This might help point us in the right direction. You can find your EE.log file by closing the game after you've experienced these freezes, reopening the Warframe launcher, and clicking the little cogwheel in the top-right corner of the launcher.

You should see a window that looks like this:

31.png

Once you have your log files, please attach them to a support ticket here and include the information you've provided in this thread.

Thanks!

• Like 2

@pepspacito Linkski probably has you sorted with all the info in logs, but I'd make sure that the disk you have the game on is working properly and not having any trouble reading sectors or anything like that too; if it's having any difficulty reading or writing data it'll lock up. I'd check that all the SMART values of the disk are looking good, and possibly run chkdsk & SFC (or DISM as well) utilities just to make sure there's no corrupt system files or excessive bad sectors that the game may be installed to and struggling to access.

As a test, if you're able, it might help to install the game to another disk and see if it has the same issue there too. Hope it gets sorted soon!

• Like 1

This has been happening to me, on 3 different machines with different configurations with all caches optimized and verified, on all three the game has been periodically freezing for anywhere from 5 to 15 seconds at random times.

The test was on following machines:

Intel G640 with GTX 750, 16GB DDR3 1864 MHz RAM installed on WD 7200 RPM 2 TB HDD,

Core i7 3770k with RX 570, 16GB DDR4 2933 MHz RAM installed on Toshiba 480GB SSD,

Core i5 12600kf with GTX 2080ti, 32GB DDR5 5000 MHz RAM, installed on SanDisk 512GB NVMe SSD.

On all machines every driver and firmware were up to date, and the game has been freezing on all of them. Something wrong with the game.

Edited by CorvusTheHeretic
  • Like 1

@CorvusTheHeretic So the first two machines listed I might expect some freezing on, they have rather old specs, but the last one mirrors closely to my own system and I don't experience freezes this prolonged (usually at most a second or two, due to spot-loads or a join when I'm host). It's possible it's some specific setting, and it may differ from the OPs issue - if you have DirectX 12 on for the systems listed, could you switch it to DX11 in launcher settings and see if that helps?

If it's freezing in any specific scenario too (i.e. you're host and someone joins) that might help narrow things down, as well as providing logs to support too if no changes really seem to be working to fix it or improve it. It's possible there's some common piece of software or equipment that's causing it (I've seen even something like password manager chrome extensions cause stuttering in games before too, for whatever reason) so logging from multiple users should help them narrow things down and resolve it more readily.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-10-16 at 8:28 AM, [DE]Linkski said:

Hi pepspacito, thanks for bringing this to our attention! We're about to look into these freezes on our end, but in the meantime, can you please send us a support ticket with a copy of your EE.log? This might help point us in the right direction. You can find your EE.log file by closing the game after you've experienced these freezes, reopening the Warframe launcher, and clicking the little cogwheel in the top-right corner of the launcher.

You should see a window that looks like this:

31.png

Once you have your log files, please attach them to a support ticket here and include the information you've provided in this thread.

Thanks!

Logs submitted with support ticket!

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue, I ran 14hours of stress tests for memory/ssd/gpu/cpu with 0 errors or frame drops. Scored top of chart in all benchmarks for my  hardware.  Wiped shader cache, tried windowed, full screen, limiting frame rate, free sync, not limiting anything, v sync, resolution scaling and turning all my gpu options to low/off (0% improvement)
Went extra mile and spend 300$ on windows pro and new m2 ssd, did clean install wiping my old drive completely and using OS on the new 7500/7000MB/s drive.

It improved my issue by 0%. Have these issues for about a month but I believe they got slightly worse recently.
This post was even more informative at first but lightning storm shut down electricity in my town and it is gone now.

It is very likely that something has changed with the game, unless I have issue that can not be found in any benchmark, stress test or other game that I own.

I'm about to read my warframe logs now

• 1 month later...