The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource Drones Farming Improvement Idea

BravoVictor

So I've been thinking that it would be really cool if planet resources for resource drones rotated on a cycle. That way we could farm different, more varied types of resources depending on the cycle or day (like OXIUM!).  It would also make it more interesting I think because you need to be checking in often on the Nexus app to see if the resource you want is available and you would also need to be more strategic about how you deploy your drones...thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BravoVictor said:

So I've been thinking that it would be really cool if planet resources for resource drones rotated on a cycle.

I dont really think this would be a good idea, one because the materials you find in a planet just dont shift from one to another all the sudden, Earth`s core wont change from an Iron Sphere to a Lead one out of the blues, second players would just keep planting Extractors in the planets that have the resources they are after which wont change from what we already do, they could however add a chance for the Drones to collect along with the planets normal resources, special ones like Cryotic (Excluding from Jupiter) and Oxium (Corpus dominated worlds only).

DE should completely Revamp how the Drones work and make a form of Automation, as it currently stands i personally just dont waste my time with them as i have a huge amount of every resource and usually farm more in a mission than the drone does in its 8 hour process.

Automation would make the game automatically cycle through the Drones you have built either to give them time to regenerate or replace lost ones, resources collected would be added to a buffer which the player could collect every day along with their login rewards or manually visiting a UI on the Navigation screen.

Heck, if DE wanted they could even make missions that involve these Extractor drones, either the damaged ones being captured and you get an Alert mission to reclaim it along with some bonus resource, Drones that some times bump into precious loots that they cant reclaim on their own and the player goes through a mission to grab it like Relics/Relic Packs/Formas/Etc, or even missions where the player controls the Drone trying to sneak through the enemy tilesets to steal some special cache.

• Like 3

There's three things I would like to see with the extractors:

1. Either of the following:
    • Make them a "set and forget" where they just sit on the planet and slowly funnel you the listed resources until you pull them off that planet.
      • Could have them send you the resources via ingame mail like everything else does.
    • Implement a button that simply empties the deployed extractors and sets them back to the same planet.
      • So you don't have to manually set each of them every time.
  2. Be allowed to set more than one extractor to the same planet.
    • This allows you to accelerate the gains of certain resources, at the expense of not getting others.
      • For obvious reasons, this balances itself by its own nature, so there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do this anyways.
  3. Have extractors pull small amounts of certain extremely tedious resources from certain planet groups, in addition to the main resource pulled:
    • Oxium, from any Corpus-owned planet except ice worlds.
    • Cryotic, from any ice world.
  • Like 1

They're meant to be a nice side bonus, not a forceful farming method.

The only improvement I would like to see towards them is removing the P2W nature of bonus extractors for Prime Access and Founders purchases. All players should just have +5 Extractors distributed through Mastery Rank intervals.

Likewise, Primed Extractors should be earnable in some way as they have mechanical advantages. I know it's small, but just out of principle, they should not be purchase only.

Edited by Voltage

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

They're meant to be a nice side bonus, not a forceful farming method.

The only improvement I would like to see towards them is removing the P2W nature of bonus extractors for Prime Access and Founders purchases. All players should just have +5 Extractors distributed through Mastery Rank intervals.

Likewise, Primed Extractors should be earnable in some way as they have mechanical advantages. I know it's small, but just out of principle, they should not be purchase only.

They literally can't remove that benefit from the Founders, so that'll simply never happen no matter how much anyone pushes for it. It's also extremely unlikely that they'll ever remove that benefit from Prime Access (especially since it's a one-off deal that's permanent on the account, and obtained regardless of Prime Access tier).

As for the last point about the Primed extractors, that's easily resolved by simply allowing players to convert Aya into Regal Aya. The ratio would of course be very high (Regal Aya was obviously introduced because DE wanted there to be a premium currency in the game, since platinum is no longer premium), but it would allow free players a method to save up and obtain items from Varzia's shop.

Edited by Hexerin

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

They literally can't remove that benefit from the Founders, so that'll simply never happen no matter how much anyone pushes for it. It's also extremely unlikely that they'll ever remove that benefit from Prime Access (especially since it's a one-off deal that's permanent on the account, and obtained regardless of Prime Access tier).

I mean they could, they just probably won't. I didn't write the suggestion with the inclination it might change, that's just the only thing that bothers me about them.

18 hours ago, Hexerin said:

As for the last point about the Primed extractors, that's easily resolved by simply allowing players to convert Aya into Regal Aya. The ratio would of course be very high (Regal Aya was obviously introduced because DE wanted there to be a premium currency in the game, since platinum is no longer premium), but it would allow free players a method to save up and obtain items from Varzia's shop.

That undermines Prime Access. No thanks. I (and many others) would be furious if years of purchases were undermined by something you could just farm. Normal Aya isn't hard to amass.