The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think I finally understand why people are so blasé about the cryotic farm

Hexerin

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's a lot easier since Deimos was introduced.  If playing more Deimos has any appeal to you or your clan for other reasons, like the current event, for example.

Interesting, that might be why I can see the finish line now as opposed to years ago when the accumulation rate made it seem like I'd never get there.  I already had all the resources needed for the event this year, but I'm sure I'll be back to Deimos eventually, as there are still things I haven't done there.

16 hours ago, Chewarette said:

Something that was proposed (I think) years ago was to allow for overpowering the excavators by feeding them additional power cells. As one Power Cell is 20% energy, using another one on it should make the extractor extract 20 more cryotics over 20 seconds.

It would both increase the cryotics drops and potentially increase the difficulty of excavation if you're too greedy (fewer cells laying around to refill the shields), so at one point you might need to balance the difficulty / benefit.

that would be good update. Other idea would be make it so additional power cells just speed up digging, it would be kind of same outcome as you'll get cryotic faster anyway.

not sure how everyone would feel about this, but I've been also thinking that survival mode could also use some sort of speed up mechanic. Since in defense you can complete waves faster if you just kill enemies fast enough, but in survival you are stuck with timer. 

Went little off topic there.

• Like 1

Freezing Step Ephemera is another pretty big Cryotic drain, alongside Sibear. I think its like 20,000 Cryotic? 

I actually quite liked Hieracon for a few reasons, and would do it now and then even after it was a meta spot, because could also be a good source for Axi Relics (Lua Apollo surpassed it though), but sometimes I was in the mood for Excavation. 

Circuit has also boosted my Cryotic even more though, so much so, even though I discarded Sibear ages ago, don't really mind making another for Incarnon. Imagine if they made an Incarnon Hema... Now though, Cryotic is nice for Helminth. (Also, I remember doing a few Excavation runs when 2x Resource Weekends happened, do wish we got those more often like we used to). 

Man, I crafted the sibear and sold it. I have the incarnon is it any good? Not a fan of big slow hammers and have a 4 forma sancti magistar already. Ive still got over 50k cryotic so I'm not hurting for resources.

I like excavation but on SP at higher rounds it is hard to keep them from being destroyed. If there's a void fissure in regular Ill run it to 5th rotation for the bonus relic. One of my favorite mission types.

7 hours ago, Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

While it does feel out of place in Duviri Circuit. I can at least appreciate that it gives me a way to farm Cryotic without making me go out of my way to do Excavation missions for it. 

I've already built everything I need with it, but having another plentiful resource to refill Helminth Bile is always welcome.

God yes, Helminth's bile is the most frustrating thing. I really wish DE would change archon shard removal's cost. I'd rather each shard pull a smaller amount from all 6 Helminth resources, which considering the current 50% cost, should be 8% per (which actually results in a slight reduction in cost, not much but it's there!).

• Like 1

Cryotic was less of a pain when you basically had to farm Excavation for packs of Rank 5 gold Fusion Cores for maxing mods. I have 350,000 Cryotic myself. I can understand why it's tedious now though as it's a dead mission type. Sibear's crafting cost isn't actually that bad. I would honestly like more crafting items that aren't just free. OG Ephemeras offered this feeling as well. It's nice when you get to craft something expensive that isn't super accessible because of the cost.