Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kitgun and Zaw Riven Mods

Probably_Asleep

There are 6 Kitguns and 11 Zaws (in Riven/MR terms).

There are (last time I checked) 168 Primaries, 128 Secondaries, and 196 Melees.

Clearly, a player needs more Rifle, Shotgun, Piston, or Melee Riven Mods than they do Kitgun and Zaw Mods. (by a ratio of 96.66% if we're just going on numbers, though that's going to change if we consider weapon families)

So I think Zaw and Kitgun Riven Mods should be taken out of the reward pool for Sorties, Palladino, Circuit, and so on. Instead, these Rivens should be purchasable at Hok and Rude Zuud respectively. It can be a typical 1/week purchase limit.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, (NSW)Probably_Asleep said:

So I think Zaw and Kitgun Riven Mods should be taken out of the reward pool for Sorties, Palladino, Circuit, and so on. Instead, these Rivens should be purchasable at Hok and Rude Zuud respectively. It can be a typical 1/week purchase limit.

This has been asked for quite a few times, its very frustrating when you do a Sortie or any other mission that Awards a Riven and it comes as either Kitgun or Zaw.

Aside that, Kitgun/Zaw rivens completely override Transmutation results, you can add 3 Non-Modular weapon Rivens and the moment you add either a Kitgun or Zaw Riven, that Transmutation is guaranteed to give one of them.

I have proposed countless times that Zaw Rivens should be sold by Hok in Cetus for Ostron Standing and Kitgun Rivens by Zuud in Fortuna for Solaris Standing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

This has been asked for quite a few times, its very frustrating when you do a Sortie or any other mission that Awards a Riven and it comes as either Kitgun or Zaw.

Aside that, Kitgun/Zaw rivens completely override Transmutation results, you can add 3 Non-Modular weapon Rivens and the moment you add either a Kitgun or Zaw Riven, that Transmutation is guaranteed to give one of them.

I have proposed countless times that Zaw Rivens should be sold by Hok in Cetus for Ostron Standing and Kitgun Rivens by Zuud in Fortuna for Solaris Standing.

Then I humbly add my voice to the choir of outcries asking for this!

In a (somewhat tragic) way, it's sort of cool that the solution is so obvious that we'd come up with it independently from one another.

(Now if only it was just as obvious to the right people...)

It's true.  Although I'll point out  that some of this is because DE never made multiple Zaw/Kitguns within each class very enticing, and modular weapons have stayed basically static in power level, and new modular weapons and arcanes almost non-existent.   If there was a good reason to make, say, 3 very different builds of each grip and chamber, and new choices were coming out regularly, we might want more than one riven for each type.   And now that a lot of these have been powercrept, wanting even one riven of each is pretty dubious.

Anyway, DE tried to account for this somewhat with the Sortie and (I think) Palladino percentages...

Melee 29.18%
Pistol 27.28%
Rifle 24.34%
Kitgun 7.17%
Zaw 7.17%
Shotgun 4.87%

...but not an adequate job, and it's getting worse as more regular weapons are added.  But worse than that is the Circuit, where percentages are equal for each type. :/  (Although I guess that's good news for Shotgun riven hunters.)

Personally I think I'd like it if all the sortie and Circuit rewards were consolidated into  tokens, convertible into whichever riven type one wanted.  Palladino could be tokens too, if limiting direct purchase to two a week is too complicated.

15 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's true.  Although I'll point out  that some of this is because DE never made multiple Zaw/Kitguns within each class very enticing, and modular weapons have stayed basically static in power level, and new modular weapons and arcanes almost non-existent.   If there was a good reason to make, say, 3 very different builds of each grip and chamber, and new choices were coming out regularly, we might want more than one riven for each type.   And now that a lot of these have been powercrept, wanting even one riven of each is pretty dubious.

Anyway, DE tried to account for this somewhat with the Sortie and (I think) Palladino percentages...

Melee 29.18%
Pistol 27.28%
Rifle 24.34%
Kitgun 7.17%
Zaw 7.17%
Shotgun 4.87%

...but not an adequate job, and it's getting worse as more regular weapons are added.  But worse than that is the Circuit, where percentages are equal for each type. :/  (Although I guess that's good news for Shotgun riven hunters.)

Personally I think I'd like it if all the sortie and Circuit rewards were consolidated into  tokens, convertible into whichever riven type one wanted.  Palladino could be tokens too, if limiting direct purchase to two a week is too complicated.

Those are good points. I do get the sense that this is a remnant of much older features and decisions that just haven't aged well. And it's true that there are a LOT of Kitgun/Zaw combinations, so it that had taken off then we'd probably be having a different discussion.

I did look at the drop table data for Sorties as well. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it feels like I'm always getting Kitgun or Zaw mods from Circuit and Sorties. (Or at the very least I'm getting them just as often as everything else)

3 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Iron wake really shouldnt give them too. There was a time I never got zaw and kitgun rivens from there.

That one does sting. When it's a random drop that's one thing. But when I'm looking Palladino in the... face(?), I feel like she should take my needs into account.

34 minutes ago, (NSW)Probably_Asleep said:

I did look at the drop table data for Sorties as well. Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it feels like I'm always getting Kitgun or Zaw mods from Circuit and Sorties. (Or at the very least I'm getting them just as often as everything else)

Definitely not my experience in Sorties.  But in Circuit that's unfortunately the expected result, given that the chances of each type are equal rather than weighted like Sorties are.   This really should get fixed.

• Like 1