Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggesting checkpoints to fix the problem of risky endless missions like Defense and Interception

VibingCat

For sure there exist many different gamemodes, each one with its own reason to exist, favouring certain warframes over others. I love this concept. However, let's talk about the endless ones: it's quite evident that some of them like survival, disruption and cascade are nearly impossible to fail after extraction becomes available, because even if a player messes up (0% air support or all four conduits failed etc.), they can still extract.

On the contrary, interception, defense and circuit do not tolerate mistakes, such that one wrong round leads directly to mission failure and all the rewards are lost. Why is there such a big difference? This pushes players not to endure in these risky and punishing gamemodes, knowing that host migration and bugs can potentially waste all of their efforts.

I think it would be fair if we had checkpoints, such that a mission failure would make us lose our progress after the last one only.

Edited by VibingCat
  • Like 8

Maybe have it do something like

every 5 waves, the mission pauses and you get a screen asking if you want to Extract or Double Down?

Choosing to Extract, Saves your progress and lets you leave.

While choosing to Double Down, lets you Gamble All previous rewards on the possibility of More rewards should you survive.

To make the double down gamble attractive as opposed to just playing safe and saving then leaving, have the rarest rewards appear at later rotations.

I think that would work really well. Players have the option of safety, vs risky/reward at each 5 wave checkpoint.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, VibingCat said:
18 minutes ago, quxier said:

And archon hunts

Those are surely hard with the wrong weapons but they don't count as endless missions with rewards given at the end of each round.

Not endless but still, failure on death is just too much, imho.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

every 5 waves, the mission pauses and you get a screen asking if you want to Extract or Double Down?

While choosing to Double Down, lets you Gamble All previous rewards on the possibility of More rewards should you survive.

To make the double down gamble attractive as opposed to just playing safe and saving then leaving, have the rarest rewards appear at later rotations.

I think that would work really well. Players have the option of safety, vs risky/reward at each 5 wave checkpoint.

Meanwhile Defense mission... 5 waves "Do you want to extract or stay"? I guess you don't play those missions :D

5 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I see what you did there. 😏

13 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Good idea. Another option would be as simple as the possibility to get only rotation C rewards after a certain point, similarly to disruption.

13 hours ago, quxier said:

Not endless but still, failure on death is just too much, imho

No doubt on that but it's a different matter.

13 hours ago, quxier said:

Meanwhile Defense mission... 5 waves "Do you want to extract or stay"? I guess you don't play those missions :D

They lack checkpoints and follow the AABC rotation scheme, resulting in awful rewards and no reason to go beyond 20 waves unless it's arbitration. I truly believe this gamemode deserves an update.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VibingCat said:

They lack checkpoints and follow the AABC rotation scheme, resulting in awful rewards and no reason to go beyond 20 waves unless it's arbitration. I truly believe this gamemode deserves an update.

I know that they lack checkpoint. The person have been suggesting what we currently have, so I jokingly answered about Defense.