The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's make Pseudo-Exalted Weapons real

Void2258

Especially with duviri in play, having thing scale off the equipped melee weapon instead of having their own mods is increasingly problematic. Things like Khora's whip should just have their own stats, not depend on picking a "statstick" melee weapon, especially when we now have a mode where you don't have control of this. The whole thing is just confusing from a usability standpoint as well, making it very hard to understand what exactly is going on with these abilities and creating all kinds of weird edge cases people have to look up.

Also make Garuda's claws an actual melee weapon only she can equip in her melee slot, so it stops running afoul of things like "melee only" missions.

• Like 8

Definitely agree on Garuda's talons being a proper melee weapon, but it seems like the issue is that you need more good melee weapons and also to maybe avoid using frames like that in Duviri (pretty sure it still gives you like three to five choices).

pseudo exalted weapons are by far my least favorite mechanic in the whole game. Having your mele choice and build limited just to facilitate a warframe's ability (or in some cases like Gara, their entire kit) being actually functional is ridiculous.

Just let us mod them.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 5

On 2023-10-24 at 3:56 AM, Raarsi said:

Definitely agree on Garuda's talons being a proper melee weapon, but it seems like the issue is that you need more good melee weapons and also to maybe avoid using frames like that in Duviri (pretty sure it still gives you like three to five choices).

I'm not a Garuda player and so this issue doesn't affect me, but "don't play Garuda" is a pretty bad take.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 3mptylord said:

I'm not a Garuda player and so this issue doesn't affect me, but "don't play Garuda" is a pretty bad take.

On 2023-10-23 at 10:56 PM, Raarsi said:

maybe avoid using frames like that in Duviri

You forgot to factor that last part in, as no frame is the most ideal for EVERY mission type.  Garuda definitely has her uses in certain mission types (always fun to use in SO), but Duviri is a place where generalist frames have the advantage (which Garuda sorta isn't).

> Feedback: Duviri shouldn't handicap Warframes with pseudo-exalted weapons.
> Your Response: Well it does so try picking a different Warframe.

I didn't ignore the last part. The last part is the topic of conversation. Obviously avoiding these Warframes is the current in-game solution to the problem - but the point of this feedback is that players want to feel empowered to pick their favourite Warframe when given that option.

This is the Game Feedback forum, not the Players Helping Players forum. Players aren't looking for advice on how to beat Duviri; they're complaining that the pseudo-exalted mechanic is bad and an example of how/why it "is bad" is Duviri. 

Edited by 3mptylord
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

Garuda definitely has her uses in certain mission types (always fun to use in SO), but Duviri is a place where generalist frames have the advantage (which Garuda sorta isn't).

I think this problem is fixed in Duviri, if Garuda doesn't select a melee weapon, she's supposed to turn up with the claws instead of having a melee randomly selected.

Which would leave just melee-only sorties as the only place she should be able to but can't use her Talons*.  Which is evidence that the problem can be fixed without making the Talons a more conventional melee weapon.

*I don't count range-weapon sorties, since there it's at least debatable whether the Talons should be usable.

31 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I think this problem is fixed in Duviri, if Garuda doesn't select a melee weapon, she's supposed to turn up with the claws instead of having a melee randomly selected.

Which would leave just melee-only sorties as the only place she should be able to but can't use her Talons*.  Which is evidence that the problem can be fixed without making the Talons a more conventional melee weapon.

*I don't count range-weapon sorties, since there it's at least debatable whether the Talons should be usable.

Oh no I clicked a melee weapon by mistake. There is NO WAY TO GET TALONS BACK. Leave and relog. All because it's NOT A REAL WEAPON.

1 minute ago, Void2258 said:

Oh no I clicked a melee weapon by mistake. There is NO WAY TO GET TALONS BACK. Leave and relog. All because it's NOT A REAL WEAPON.

You have to log out to correct it?  That's obviously a bug.

You haven't said anything about it, but I take it you'd want the Talons to always be a guaranteed roll for Garuda in Duviri?  Would you want it to be an extra Cave slot or would you be happy with it replacing one of her melee slots?

On 2023-10-24 at 4:15 AM, Mazifet said:
On 2023-10-24 at 2:36 AM, Zakkhar said:

The high frequency of the issue does not make it important.

Say that again

Oh, yeah I almost forgot.

The high frequency of the issue does not make it important.

The impact of the issue is what makes it important. 

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

You have to log out to correct it?  That's obviously a bug.

If one clicked on a weapon and picked it, one got a weapon. I have done Claw only Garuda many times in Circuit. I guess there is no way of unequipping the weapon, one can only swap to another, but it does not remember what you have picked between runs. You start fresh with Drifter and empty frame once you pick one. If you rather relog instead of leaving it is your idea. You are the one that has pressed X on a melee weapon, after picking Garuda. You knew beforehand you are picking Garuda and you also knew beforehand you can only swap between weapons, once you picked one. If there is a bug, it is not in game.

Edited by Zakkhar

6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Which would leave just melee-only sorties as the only place she should be able to but can't use her Talons*. 

Not only. There are also Mastery Tests where the game checks whether you got every slot equipped, regardless if the mision utilises the slot or not. Just pick different frame or use an actual melee weapon. I really do not see an important issue here.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Void2258 said:

Don't worry, it's not a real weapon, it can't hurt you.  Or most enemies anyway...