Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companion Changes

KernelWizard

Sentinels are completely viable in Steel Path now, assuming you build them correctly. The durability mods are mandatory on them (Fiber, Vitality, Redirection), because as is typical of Sentinel-hating DE, they gave them abysmally low base stats. However, the durability mods are overstatted, which brings their abysmal base stats up to comparable levels to the beasts. This does have the side effect of greatly limiting your modding options though, as you effectively have 2-4 less slots than a beast does.

• Like 5

they're alright now, you might've missed out on when helios/Deconstructor was glitched to become overpowered (it was actually melting SP enemies in 3-4 glaive hits in under a second), but they're alright for the most part

sentinels are still lacking in damage, so verglas is the only one that matters for it, and helstrum for status spread. artax if you want to force cold. so not much changed here

we got new bond mods for our companions, check out duplex bond. you can clone (yes, shadow clone jutsu) your companion up to 3 times.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, KernelWizard said:

Oh nice, so sentinels are better now, although pets are still better than them right? Interesting, thank you soo much!

It depends. I havent had any trouble with sentinels. Primed regen brings that revive time to 25 seconds and theres no lives limit.

And even while a sentinel is down, animal instinct and vacuum still work.

As for whether pets are "better" idk about that. Id say it matters what the context is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

they can survive a lot better, but they still need tweaks to their weapons/abilities, which will likely be coming in the second part of the rework next year. 

at the very least you can actually bring a pet and not have to spend 90% of your time in mission reviving the damn thing.

[pet] is down!

[pet] has been revived!

few seconds later

[pet] is down!

[pet] has been revived!

few seconds later

[pet] is down!

[pet] has been revived!

few seconds later

[pet] is down!

[pet] has been revived!

few seconds la

99PCPtc_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Skoomaseller said:

[pet] is down!

[pet] has been revived!

few seconds later

[pet] is down!

[pet] has been revived!

few seconds later

[pet] is down!

[pet] has been revived!

few seconds later

[pet] is down!

[pet] has been revived!

few seconds la

99PCPtc_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Laughs in vulpaphyla

Fr though they need a brief invulnerability time like after reviving a warframe. I know Regen exists, but sentinels are almost never dying now when you’re moving. 

• Like 2

Just now, (NSW)Malikili said:

Laughs in vulpaphyla

Fr though they need a brief invulnerability time like after reviving a warframe. I know Regen exists, but sentinels are almost never dying now when you’re moving. 

agree.

in fact before this update I only ran panzer vulp because 1) free viral :widepeepohappy: and 2) (more importantly) it doesn't die.

• Like 3

Sentinels are certainly viable in the sense that they have no problem staying alive. Their problem with practically worthelss precept options still remain though, but might get fixed with the next step in the pet rework coming next year. Ontop of that their weapons are overall still hot garbage since the sentinel is still dumb as a door knob and only attacks 1 target instead of spreading damage properly. I wish they'd give the a chain beam weapon so we can spread statuses properly. Right now Nautilus is probably the best since it atleast has a grouping tool which it can use very very often thanks to one of the new Bond mods (Manifold Bond) which reduces the CD on robotic skills for each enemy killed while affected with 3 statuses.

Panzer has kinda become pointless, since now all pets are unkillable. And if you used it to spread viral you instead have Hounds now to fill that role thanks to the Manifold Bond mod aswell, which in addition to lowering CDs per kill also inflicts all statuses from your pet weapon when an enemy is hit by a precept (doesnt work on all precepts, but on most). So with the Hound precepts it pretty much means whenever it hits an enemy you apply 5 statuses (2 innate on weapon, 2 modded on weapon and 1 innate on the skills that can proc Manifold Bond). Plus some of the Hound precepts were already quite insane, like the 30m disarm. Ontop of that the Hounds come with good precepts to increase their survival, somethintg the Panzer doesnt.

The bonus of the Panzer now is that it can either increase your fire rate through a bond mod by having 1200 max shields, or add 1.2x flat (if you have 5.5x you end up with 6.7x instead) critical damage through another bond mod by reaching 50%+ crit chance. However with the lack of survivability mods for the Panzer and a change done to Pack Leader (most ranged melee no longer heals) I see my Panzer go down way way more than any other pet. In all honesty my Hound barely goes down at all and my sentinel only goes poof if I swap into operator.

Moa ends up somewhere between Hounds and sentinels. Great option if you need something defensive along with grouping utility. Sadly neither of the useful precepts can proc statuses from Manifold Bond. On the other hand the anti-bullet dome the Moa has will be up 24/7 and it will group things up constantly with the mine precept since you'll reduce the CDs of them all the time.

I havent tested Kavats, Dogs or the Charger yet.

• Like 1