The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question About DE and Xbox (all platforms really) Achievements

LeftTheMatrix

With us inching closer to Cross Save and people syncing to new accounts, I have been thinking about achievements. And while I have a few questions on how this will work, I wonder about achievements in general in Warframe. 

On Xbox, we have not gotten any new achievements since 2021 which was 30.7: Operation Plague Star. Do we know why that is? Why has DE stopped releasing achievements with new content? One of my favorite things is hunting down achievements on new patches and seeing what all is new. It even helps understand some of the content since DE has often struggled with introducing content in a formal way. 

Has DE said anything about this, or do we as a community know why this is? 

2 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

I mean... ngl... achievments are pointless anyway. The reason there haven't been new ones, is most likely because, DE see absolutely no reason to add them.

The value of an achievement is the same as the Grand Master badge you wear. Especially in a game like Warframe, it's nice to have a trackable list of achievements that are up to date with the current state of the game. I'm not sure how achievements can be seen as pointless when the game has many systems that encourage this time of completionism (Mastery Rank, the Codex for enemies and mods, Fragments/Prex Cards/Somachords, etc.)

It is a bit disappointing how out of date most of the achievements are.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

The value of an achievement is the same as the Grand Master badge you wear. Especially in a game like Warframe, it's nice to have a trackable list of achievements that are up to date with the current state of the game. I'm not sure how achievements can be seen as pointless when the game has many systems that encourage this time of completionism (Mastery Rank, the Codex for enemies and mods, Fragments/Prex Cards/Somachords, etc.)

It is a bit disappointing how out of date most of the achievements are.

Honestly, I don't care about the badge. It's just there. I didn't get the founders pack for the accolade or the badge, I got it to support the game. It does nothing for me and my gameplay, it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy, it's just like... there yaknow.

Warframe is designed as a "sandbox" looter shooter, so they want you to make your own goals and achievments. It's kinda like Minecraft, the achievements in MC really don't do anything, and don't really pertain to the gameplay.
Honestly, I think achievements just shouldn't be a thing anyway. It creates this bad stigma of "Oh I have more achievements than you" and "My gamerscore is higher" yaknow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Honestly, I don't care about the badge. It's just there. I didn't get the founders pack for the accolade or the badge, I got it to support the game. It does nothing for me and my gameplay, it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy, it's just like... there yaknow.

Warframe is designed as a "sandbox" looter shooter, so they want you to make your own goals and achievments. It's kinda like Minecraft, the achievements in MC really don't do anything, and don't really pertain to the gameplay.
Honestly, I think achievements just shouldn't be a thing anyway. It creates this bad stigma of "Oh I have more achievements than you" and "My gamerscore is higher" yaknow.

Achievements don’t do anything at all that’s not the point of them, anything can have an achievement added to it in most aspects an achievement is for investing time and effort into something.

It may mean nothing to you and that’s your opinion and your right to express it, but some people like a tiny little something to say “thank you player x for investing your time” no body does the whole higher gamerscore thing anymore that was in the early 2010s it simply doesn’t happen anymore.

There are players who are passionate about the games they play and explore every inch, learn the lore, spend time practicing to get better at said game an achievement is just the game saying thank you for your time.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr

12 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

I mean... ngl... achievments are pointless anyway. The reason there haven't been new ones, is most likely because, DE see absolutely no reason to add them.

That's your own opinion. Plenty of people care about them and there is a large community of people who hunt for them. Not everyone is like you bud.