Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Low FPS and unstable gaming on good PC

Tobruuk

Hi everyone.

I have some trouble with performance. More precisely, its about FPS dropping. Everything is fine, when I'm staying in my orbiter and also doing some mission. I have then like 700/800 FPS and no frames dropping, but there is also a part of missions (void relics, survival and others with 4th squads), when I got 100/120 FPS or even less (a bit noticeable on a 165hz monitor). I have to mark I don't have such problems in any other games, especially on the PC like this. I tried using the FPS limiter, but the situation is even worse and drops are much more noticeable, when I set limit values about 360/240 FPS. My graphics settings in the game are set to low, although on higher settings there are no significant drop and everything looks similar (the problem still exists). I can record something, if anyone really needs it to help me. Specs of my PC are below. I have updated all current drivers. I'm waiting for someone to help with these issues, and also a lot of thanks for you in advance, for any attempt to help.

PC SPECS:

• Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE V2
• AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
• CPU Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo
• Gigabyte Aorus GeForce RTX 3060 Elite 12GB
• Ballistix Ballistix, DDR4, 16 GB, 3600MHz, CL16
• SSD ADATA XPG SX8200 PRO 1 TB M.2
• SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 650W
• SilentiumPC Regnum RG6V Evo TG ARGB

• Like 1

Could you post a screenshot of resource utilization (like task manager or something, in the "performance" tab) when these drops occur? The first thought that comes to mind is a CPU bottleneck, especially if it isn't happening unless it's during a mission. This game uses a lot of AI routines and scripts that limit the framerate even if the GPU can handle more, and it would explain why changing graphics settings does not influence it whatsoever.

• Like 1

Thanks for answer @Naroxas44 I really appreciate that...

So... today - the same issues, when I was making some Kuva on the mission.

I took a screenshot of WF and task manager (performance tab), when these drops occur - like you asked.

Third screenshot is an example of how many frames the average is after the mission (600-800 up to even 1000 FPS)

What is wrong?

AysoXjI.png

A2coL31.png

rfpTcxI.png

It looks like you're having a similar option to what I'm experiencing. I limit my FPS to my monitor's refresh, but as far as I can tell, the issue comes up when you have the following going on:

1. You're the Game Host. (Notice that you're (1) on the team list)
  2. You have UPnP and/or NAT-PMP enabled.

Can you take a screenshot (or just post your settings) from the SYSTEM tab in OPTIONS?

If you have UPnP and/or NAT-PMP enabled... turn them off. I have a feeling that something is going on and DE needs to fix the UPnP/NAT-PMP coding, as it seemed to have broken within the last 2 weeks or so, where hosting makes your PC run like garbage with those settings.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

It looks like you're having a similar option to what I'm experiencing. I limit my FPS to my monitor's refresh, but as far as I can tell, the issue comes up when you have the following going on:

Can you take a screenshot (or just post your settings) from the SYSTEM tab in OPTIONS?

If you have UPnP and/or NAT-PMP enabled... turn them off. I have a feeling that something is going on and DE needs to fix the UPnP/NAT-PMP coding, as it seemed to have broken within the last 2 weeks or so, where hosting makes your PC run like garbage with those settings.

This happens even by yourself in the Simulacrum, it's something with these updates they've done the last few patches.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

I'm not sure about that... even if I'm not the Game Host, drops still occur.

16 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

I tried and tested it for some time yesterday, but honestly - I didn't notice any difference.

My game settings (SYSTEM): 

MOnTvLf.png

10 minutes ago, Alanthier said:

Are you by chance, using Duplex bond? that seems to be what's causing those issues for me, I just took it off the companion I am using, and it stopped the freezing(at least in simulacrum and solo, gotta test in mp still)

I checked and actually since I unlocked the new companion, I don't have any mods on it, so it's definitely not that.

14 hours ago, Alanthier said:

This happens even by yourself in the Simulacrum, it's something with these updates they've done the last few patches.

I might have to give that a try to see if it happens. I haven't really had any issue except when I'm hosting. I know the folks on my team were having issues because I could see them mention how bad the connection was. I might try the Simulacrum and see what happens myself.

6 hours ago, Tobruuk said:

My game settings (SYSTEM): 

I'd probably say turn off UPnP and NAT-PMP and just leave it off. You may want to set your ping tolerance a bit higher than 100, but that's just so more folks should be able to connect to you. But I'm guessing Europe internet is pretty low-ping for you.

EDIT: I did not have issues while in the Simulacrum. I even summoned a bunch of tornadoes with Zephyr and 20 enemies, 10 of which were eximus, just to be super spicy. Also, I did change my Windows Power settings to Balanced from High Performance last night, so maybe that was the issue. To select Balanced power plan, tap the Windows Key and type "Choose a Power Plan". Select it when it shows up.

Obviously, I don't have the HD turn off after being idle, so feel free to edit the balanced plan to your liking, but don't try to force your CPU to go crazy either. Just leave the CPU stuff alone. Also, I still have UPnP turned off.

Edited by Salenstormwing
Observations & Changes I made
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Salenstormwing said:

I'd probably say turn off UPnP and NAT-PMP and just leave it off. You may want to set your ping tolerance a bit higher than 100, but that's just so more folks should be able to connect to you. But I'm guessing Europe internet is pretty low-ping for you.

Okay, I turned UPnP and NAT-PMP off again, but I don't see any big changes and still have FPS dropping, even when I'm solo/duo que.

1 hour ago, Salenstormwing said:

Also, I did change my Windows Power settings to Balanced from High Performance last night, so maybe that was the issue. To select Balanced power plan, tap the Windows Key and type "Choose a Power Plan". Select it when it shows up.

Obviously, I don't have the HD turn off after being idle, so feel free to edit the balanced plan to your liking, but don't try to force your CPU to go crazy either. Just leave the CPU stuff alone. Also, I still have UPnP turned off.

I have already tried these things and the first thing I do (after PC format) is drivers and Windows setup.

Initially, when the problems started to occur, I changed Windows Power settings from Balanced to High Performance, but both changes fail in this situation.

Any other ideas?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tobruuk said:

Okay, I turned UPnP and NAT-PMP off again, but I don't see any big changes and still have FPS dropping, even when I'm solo/duo que.

Are you hosting when in Duos/Teams and still having issues? I'm not sure other than maybe it has something to do with Hosting, but I'm not sure. Not sure what else to suggest. Does it do it if you... *opens up OPTIONS* .... let's try some of these...

• Run Analyze Network under System Tab
  • Turn off IPv6 Chat under System Tab
  • Try with Vertical Sync on under Video Tab

No clue why any of those might make a difference but hey, maybe the Analyze Network will point out to you having issues with ports overlapping perhaps. Maybe.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Are you hosting when in Duos/Teams and still having issues?

No, I'm not hosting every time, but still having issues.

13 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

Try with Vertical Sync on under Video Tab

I have tried this a lot of time and out of habit I try to have this option turned off, because it usually causes more problems than helps. Although following this path, I changed Vertical Sync in the game and in NVIDIA settings, but still unsuccessfully.

I think the problem is not related to the internet connection. I compared performance on different graphics settings. For example, when I had these drops, I changed the graphics settings to High and there was practically no comparable difference, so I don't know what it could depend on. If changing graphics settings makes no difference, the graphics card is out of the question and there is a question mark over the CPU and RAM, but technically I have no problems with any other game - so maybe it's also not going this way by deduction.

LOW GRAPHICS:

fpBQ6i6.png

HIGH GRAPHICS:

a88RptG.png

2 hours ago, Tobruuk said:

I think the problem is not related to the internet connection. I compared performance on different graphics settings. For example, when I had these drops, I changed the graphics settings to High and there was practically no comparable difference, so I don't know what it could depend on. If changing graphics settings makes no difference, the graphics card is out of the question and there is a question mark over the CPU and RAM, but technically I have no problems with any other game - so maybe it's also not going this way by deduction.

This may just be an issue that DE will have to fix on their own, if there is some reason the engine is deciding to under-render stuff because of some reason or other. You are correct, everything seems to be fine. Other than Verifying and Optimizing your cache using the Warframe launcher, the only thing you could try there is changing some of the other settings. Not sure if you're using DX11 or DX12, but maybe try changing that, but you're right, everything seems okay.

I wish I could do more. Without just swapping physical parts out to verify they aren't at issue either, most likely you'll just have to wait for DE to patch the game and fix the issue. Not a great option but it maybe all you have left. At least you know it's not because of you or your system.

• Like 2

On 2023-11-04 at 12:41 PM, Salenstormwing said:

While it's not the solution to OPs case, this was the fix to my issue. There really does seem to be some issue with UPnP while host since the Dagath update. I suspect they made some under the hood changes relating to cross-play and it's having some really strange and unintended consequences on certain systems.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Synitare said:

While it's not the solution to OPs case, this was the fix to my issue. There really does seem to be some issue with UPnP while host since the Dagath update. I suspect they made some under the hood changes relating to cross-play and it's having some really strange and unintended consequences on certain systems.

That was what I was having as well, which is why I changed my own settings to try and fix my own issues. I was hoping my issues were OPs issues, but it would seem not. I'm guessing something about crossplay just doesn't jive well with UPnP and....

6 hours ago, Tobruuk said:

LOW GRAPHICS:

Hey OP, talking to Synitare got me thinking. Have you tried turning off Crossplay? Not saying forever, but just to try it out. If it still happens while crossplay is off, then that would be one less thing, and you could turn it back on. But maybe having a PC-only connection with others would work. Just a thought. Let's just call it another possible low chance solution to figure out the issue.

• Like 2