Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a meta primary for hemocyte if you are MR12?

MutoManiac

Question

It’s taking a bit long with a Boar Prime Incarnon (corrosive/high fire rate) I use for everything else. Can someone recommend a better primary for the hemocyte in PS and for lower MR players? I’m sure having a Phenmor would make quick work out of it, but that’s MR14. I use a secondary for all the other enemies and it works very well, so looking for primary weapons. Thanks

12 answers to this question

you can also build a kitgun - rattleguts with gibber for fast-firing, splat for crits. You will need to forma it to get the good mods, and add arcanes like pistoleer and precision but then it will bring down the heads in a couple of seconds. Armour strip is the primary feature you should be looking at though, goes much, much faster without armour on the thing.

Edited by CephalonCarnage

Primary? More like Secondary. I was melting hemo within 2-3 seconds, while using Kuva Brakk (and no frame buffs, just invisibility).

Same goes for Titania and her pistols. You can simply go easy mode and fly around while aiming for the vulnerable heads.

historically, Weapons that are well suited are ones that can put a lot of hits on target, and rapidly. while still having good Weapon Stats (so, not a peashooter that just wastes Ammo).
i.e. high Multishot, with good Crits, are the sort of Weapons that have performed very well previously, and i assume this hasn't changed.

52 minutes ago, iHeuksal said:

Primary? More like Secondary. I was melting hemo within 2-3 seconds, while using Kuva Brakk (and no frame buffs, just invisibility).

Same goes for Titania and her pistols. You can simply go easy mode and fly around while aiming for the vulnerable heads.

I have Titania, thank you, will try my next one with her. My go to for orowyrm.

14 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

you can also build a kitgun - rattleguts with gibber for fast-firing, splat for crits. You will need to forma it to get the good mods, and add arcanes like pistoleer and precision but then it will bring down the heads in a couple of seconds. Armour strip is the primary feature you should be looking at though, goes much, much faster without armour on the thing.

Any particular armour strip recommended? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Ash’s Shuriken, that would work from a distance. I don’t have pillage or terrify, but I do have a few days to get Nekros I guess, lol.

currently, im running it with a squad consisting of:

1x titania with xata's whisper subsumed, running a sarpa with shattering impact (any gunblade with impact damage works, you just need shattering impact)
1x nova
1x rhino

the rhino is a newbie, so i've given them a job that is fun to do without needing them to kill stuff: stomp the hemocyte when it attacks, buff the titania player with roar and survive with iron skin

the nova is mostly there for adclear and is running a glaive prime, putting out molecular prime constantly. 

the titania is the damage dealer here, dex pixia modded for corrosive and heat, pure damage (not status effects! the hemocyte is status immune) and xata's whisper is a separate hit and thus a much better damage buff than something like eclipse. 

theoretically the "best" setup would be a fast firing, high DPS primary or secondary on saryn with xata's whisper subsumed and maximum str, toxic lash and xata's whisper are both separate hits and thus won't be affected as much by the hemocytes own per shot damage cap. 

45 minutes ago, schilds said:

Something like a Pyrana.

You know, I was going to wait to get my hands on the Pyrana Prime, but I just looked up the stats and they are pretty close. Will probably try it, but then I need to not use my Sporelacer secondary which is a great nuke from above for everything else but the hemocyte. Thanks

2 hours ago, MutoManiac said:

Any particular armour strip recommended? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Ash’s Shuriken, that would work from a distance. I don’t have pillage or terrify, but I do have a few days to get Nekros I guess, lol.

My personal preference is Ember's helminthable Fire Blast, but I think Unairu's Caustic strike is probably easier to get and apply.

I've not used it but Styanax's Tharros Strike also strips armour with good other benefits, but you'll need high strength to strip 100%. Or cast it twice!

4 minutes ago, CephalonCarnage said:

My personal preference is Ember's helminthable Fire Blast, but I think Unairu's Caustic strike is probably easier to get and apply.

I've not used it but Styanax's Tharros Strike also strips armour with good other benefits, but you'll need high strength to strip 100%. Or cast it twice!

Thanks. Just started subsuming frames on my MR12 account (which is where I need the forma) and about the only thing I had besides Eclipse was Tempest Barrage, so I tried that and I think I was able to strip about 50% of the armor and using Titania's pistols it seemed better. Down to an average of 15 mins when it was about 20 for the entire mission, so some improvement.

The hemocyte has serious damage attenuation, so my weapons hit for about 25% or less of their regular damage.

9 hours ago, MutoManiac said:

Thanks. Just started subsuming frames on my MR12 account (which is where I need the forma) and about the only thing I had besides Eclipse was Tempest Barrage, so I tried that and I think I was able to strip about 50% of the armor and using Titania's pistols it seemed better. Down to an average of 15 mins when it was about 20 for the entire mission, so some improvement.

The hemocyte has serious damage attenuation, so my weapons hit for about 25% or less of their regular damage.

Tempest Barrage only adds corrosive status, so I'm not sure if it is stripping that much armour from the Hemocyte. Its also temporary (unless you use plunder) so that might be the reason you're taking so long. Still, you seem to get some effect from it. Remember, damage is capped so it doesn;t matter how much damage each hit does. A little peashooter that fires a firehose of pinpricks hurts the hemocyte way more than a cannon. Mod her pistols for fire rate.

On 2023-11-07 at 4:53 PM, CephalonCarnage said:

Armor strip is the solution for sure. If I play on this account where I have a Vastilok with Shattering Impact, it's very fast. If I play on the MR12 account, I don't have a way to armor strip and it's a slog. Thanks

Edited by MutoManiac