Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Operation Plague Star Bounty Standing Changes

[DE]Megan

18 hours ago, lamagama159 said:

People already said why they don't like the 3 minute defense if you would've just read what people wrote. I personally don't like waiting for the drone either. The 2nd and 3rd stages of the bounty are BORING, you sit there for 3 minutes while nothing happens and then you have to follow a drone that is excruciatingly slow, I can go trough the entire open world of POE from one corner to another and come back (on foot, no archwing) and the drone would still be going to the boil. This guy puts it very simply:

Warframe is a fast paced game where speed is integral to the game itself, so adding a mechanic that completely makes you stop and wait for no reason goes against the entire point of the game. There's a reason people don't like playing defense and mobile defense, the enemies spawn too slowly and there's no way to speed it up but people like survival because there's a constant stream of things to kill even though that has a forced timer as well and the entire gamemode is based off of you killing things fast since if you don't you run out of life support and fail the mission.

Well I did read and I spent a good while reading every post to see if all the bugs I am having were being posted about, but honestly go play a different game if ur not happy lol, if ur complaining about a 3 minute timer maybe don’t play the event?  defense and mobile defense have been around since I started playing about 7 years ago so if you can do a 10 round defense on an a alert that gives you a prebuilt forma then you can wait 3 minutes….period.

have you thought the game isn’t played fast paced by everyone? You can sit in a room and go HOURS in a solo survival SP or not. Not everyone wants to run around jumping back and forth for no reason bullet jumping all over a survival node when it’s not necessary at all…  Ontop of that…. The 3 minute timer is faster than all defense and survival nodes… so honestly ppl complaining need to just stop lol. Be happy you can farm up a rank 5 exodia contagion , for plat or to keep, and get free unlimited forma. Other games don’t give to the community as much as DE. ESPECIALLY for a FTP game.

so THANK YOU DE <3 just FIXXX the infested not spawning on the 4th objective lol.

11 hours ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

I wouldn't mind if like a Thumper spawned during the mobile defense portion. Keeps things interesting and should make the time go by faster. 👍

I’ve actually had one spawn on the mobile defense part and…. hey they are honestly very rewarding to kill. So honestly I think this is a brilliant idea, just ppl with crazy kits will one tap it and then proceed to cry about a 3 minute wait time lol.

There seems to be two sides to this argument.  Two major groups at war.  Those that want to actually have fun while playing the game, and those that are having fun playing the game.  Those that believe the rewards are fair, and those that believe they aren't.  Those that are attacking DE, and those that are defending. 

Those of you on the correct side of the argument need to realize that the highest engagement in this entire forum is like 20-30 likes.  Legitimate bugs like what the xbox players are experiencing in phase 4 are likely to be fixed because that's not a contested issue.  Everything else is going to be ignored.  If you want DE to listen you need thousands of likes, if not tens of thousands.  The sad truth is that the people in charge can safely ignore 99% of this thread.  I understand your frustrations.  These people will never understand our perspective.  And they don't have to.  Just remember that about half the community agrees with you and until that number goes up you are powerless.   All you can do is play the game and show DE with your hours of dedication what you want to happen.

5 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Crazy how steel essence isn’t being rewarded in steel path bounty.

Eh...SE isn't worth much nowadays. Do your 5 incursions every day and you'll have around 245 at the end of the week without a resource booster. With a booster, 315 SE. ( 5(incursions) x (5 SE + 4 SE from Acolyte) ) x 7 (days). Do a few more missions and the weekly SP Circuit and you'll have enough to buy out 25 Kuva packs from Teshin. 

Acolytes don't spawn so 1 measly SE a bounty is almost nothing. Do 375 bounties (1 SE per mission) and you'd have enough to buy out the Kuva shop for the week after 62.5 hours if assuming 10 minutes per PUG run. You're already getting more than a built forma per run.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

43 minutes ago, Ghastly-Ghoul said:

Eh...SE isn't worth much nowadays. Do your 5 incursions every day and you'll have around 245 at the end of the week without a resource booster. With a booster, 315 SE. ( 5(incursions) x (5 SE + 4 SE from Acolyte) ) x 7 (days). Do a few more missions and the weekly SP Circuit and you'll have enough to buy out 25 Kuva packs from Teshin. 

Acolytes don't spawn so 1 measly SE a bounty is almost nothing. Do 375 bounties (1 SE per mission) and you'd have enough to buy out the Kuva shop for the week after 62.5 hours if assuming 10 minutes per PUG run. You're already getting more than a built forma per run.

Didn’t really ask for a break down cheers though, it was more the fact that it’s a steel path difficulty stage so you’d at least expect steel essence lol.

Also you didn’t take into consideration drop buffs ie smeeta etc.

Edited by (PSN)FrDiabloFr
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Monott said:

Btw if not all people are at the last objective, for example when one AFKs at Toxin Mixer, theres about 95% of the spawns not happening at the meteorite. 

I could report it to bugs but its kinda whatever

Theres a limit to enemies in open world - if u reach it and dont kill anything nothing new wont spawn. Maybe thats the case

2 hours ago, (PSN)FrDiabloFr said:

Didn’t really ask for a break down cheers though, it was more the fact that it’s a steel path difficulty stage so you’d at least expect steel essence lol.

Also you didn’t take into consideration drop buffs ie smeeta etc.

I didn't because Smeeta will be getting nerfed. If you play enough to get the SE you need from playing without Smeeta, then there's no issue if you're not running it. Some people argue that end game is not playing Warframe so farm the resources, complete the dailies/weeklies, and stop playing until the next reset. I don't like playing with the most optimized set-ups so Smeeta is bottom tier for me atm. 

I really don't like the new scaling for the event as a solo player. The easy mission gives you basically nothing and then the advanced mission takes over an hour... I got to the second hemocyte and said "f*** it i'm out" and went back to Cetus.

I can't do SP and was hoping advanced would be the way to go. But enemies are NOT 55-65 like the bounty suggests. why the ASKLFRHA is Hemocyte level 115 in a 55 level mission?! And 4 of them?! WHY 4?! I miss being able to choose one Hemo spawn but now there is no choice. So I'm stuck farming 4 TIMES the amount of bounties on first level mission instead of plugging my way through advanced at a steady pace.

There really, really needs to be a middle ground somewhere. Not everyone is max content running SP in 10minutes T_T

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Raskol said:

Theres a limit to enemies in open world - if u reach it and dont kill anything nothing new wont spawn. Maybe thats the case

That is not the issue otherwise that would've been too easy for DE to figure out that's the problem if it was the case.

5 hours ago, Ghastly-Ghoul said:

I didn't because Smeeta will be getting nerfed. If you play enough to get the SE you need from playing without Smeeta, then there's no issue if you're not running it. Some people argue that end game is not playing Warframe so farm the resources, complete the dailies/weeklies, and stop playing until the next reset. I don't like playing with the most optimized set-ups so Smeeta is bottom tier for me atm. 

K

On 2023-11-07 at 11:19 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hello!

We have rebalanced the Plague Star Standing earned per stage for all three modes to address players starting and aborting Stage 1 after completing it. It's clear that the event is not meant to be played this way, and it also has a knockoff effect on those who public matchmake and end up in a squad with someone doing that strategy. Fundamentally, it comes down to this strategy being unhealthy for the game, and we feel must be timely addressed. We also recognize that each Stage differs in its "time cost" and have changed the values respectively.

The new Standing per stage is as follows:

Plague Star - Standard
Stage 1 - 50
Stage 2 - 300
Stage 3 - 100
Stage 4 - 575
Total Operational Supply Standing: 1,025 (was 1,000) 

Plague Star - Advanced
Stage 1 - 200
Stage 2 - 1000
Stage 3 - 300
Stage 4 - 1700
Total Operational Supply Standing: 3,200 (was 3,050)

Plague Star - Steel Path
Stage 1 - 200
Stage 2 - 1100
Stage 3 - 400
Stage 4 - 2100
Total Operational Supply Standing: 3,800 (was 3,650)

Bonus Operational Supply Standing:
Standard: 25
Advanced: 75
Steel Path: 100

Bonus Operational Supply Standing is lower but overall, players receive slightly more Standing than before.

Ok so this infested not spawning is becoming a joke now, 5 bounties in a row infested not spawning unreal.

• Like 1

Not to be pessimistic, but y'all are asking DE to make the grind easier in a grinding game. They don't care that the mission is boring and takes too long, that's half of the missions in this game, and that's how they get all of their playtime. Fun is not something taken into account in the open-world bounties. Most of the missions are just copy and pasted from normal star chart missions anyways.

On 2023-11-07 at 5:19 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Bonus Operational Supply Standing is lower but overall, players receive slightly more Standing than before.

I can speak for none but myself but it's generally been either the second stage  not starting (haven't been able to replicate hence no report) or RL yanking me away.

Another bug: sometimes the bounty won't start at all. I also encountered public games that don't have the first objective at the start.

Also we oughta replace some of the rewards like the Revenant chassis with Aya which would make a lot of sense considering we get relic drops already, and that Naramon lens with Breath of the Eidolon. Why is it that only Naramon lens is on the drop table but none of the other schools' lenses are in there? Because of that it feels like the naramon lenses are just there for a random/no reason. 

Edited by Stafelund
  • Like 2

8 часов назад, Stafelund сказал:

Another bug: sometimes the bounty won't start at all. I also encountered public games that don't have the first objective at the start.

Also we oughta replace some of the rewards like the Revenant chassis with Aya which would make a lot of sense considering we get relic drops already, and that Naramon lens with Breath of the Eidolon. Why is it that only Naramon lens is on the drop table but none of the other schools' lenses are in there? Because of that it feels like the naramon lenses are just there for a random/no reason. 

True. Pool of rewards in this event looks like more than... strange. As for me, Rev chassis and focus lences can be just excluded from this reward list, even not replaced. It looks reasonable when core Idea of special event - opportunity to getting special rewards not only for standing, but for completing operation stages too. I like this idea to replacing some useless trash with ever-actual things as aya, for example. Hope, this idea will come true... ever.

Edited by DstroyR_Prime
Missing symbols
  • Like 3

So I love plague star and farming for the forma BUT so many bugs, loading is terrible, crossplay makes it 10x worse. 
I’ve done this event multiple times have no issues running it but all the above makes it so bad I just want to uninstall the game. Thanks DE for not upgrading plague star so it’s fun with friends. 
6 years done. 

On 2023-11-07 at 4:19 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hello!

We have rebalanced the Plague Star Standing earned per stage for all three modes to address players starting and aborting Stage 1 after completing it. It's clear that the event is not meant to be played this way, and it also has a knockoff effect on those who public matchmake and end up in a squad with someone doing that strategy. Fundamentally, it comes down to this strategy being unhealthy for the game, and we feel must be timely addressed. We also recognize that each Stage differs in its "time cost" and have changed the values respectively.

The new Standing per stage is as follows:

Plague Star - Standard
Stage 1 - 50
Stage 2 - 300
Stage 3 - 100
Stage 4 - 575
Total Operational Supply Standing: 1,025 (was 1,000) 

Plague Star - Advanced
Stage 1 - 200
Stage 2 - 1000
Stage 3 - 300
Stage 4 - 1700
Total Operational Supply Standing: 3,200 (was 3,050)

Plague Star - Steel Path
Stage 1 - 200
Stage 2 - 1100
Stage 3 - 400
Stage 4 - 2100
Total Operational Supply Standing: 3,800 (was 3,650)

Bonus Operational Supply Standing:
Standard: 25
Advanced: 75
Steel Path: 100

I appreciate the increase in points that add up to becoming Forma.

The abort mission method is horrible for those that experience the host migrations as a result, adding to the amount of time and frustration on their end.

Would it be possible to improve buffer/loading times within gated areas to open worlds, like Cetus to the Plains and the Necralisk to the Cambian Drift? 

On Plague Star in particular, I have a few ideas that might improve the gamer experience that could draw from past design and experience and some new 'stuff':

1.) Would it be possible to add more of the caves into the cycle and reduce the chances of those around 1,400+m away from the gate in contrast to others? If memory serves me correctly, I recall between 8-12 caves, and I'm mostly getting the far-right from the gate, Mount Nang, and another on the far-left center area (pond, net over the cave entrance, drone spawn can be there, too.)

2.) Could the mixing station timer be reduced to a flat 1:30-2 minutes? 

3.) I recall Dev's already somewhat addressing this one: The hut by the gate where bounties can be selected excludes Plague Star from the selection and used to have it available to select, which helped improve the experience by reducing time between runs, due to the gate aspects eating up more time, and less time to complete more Plague Star bounties means more Forma, which was a big appeal about that. Dev's said that might be re-added for next year's Plague Star event, right? 

Annnnd I love the changes for abilities interactions with the drones--Nova is far more efficient with the drone actually redirecting itself to the Wormhole portals when a good pathway is setup, Volt and Whisp being able to speed the drone's movement up--it all goes a long ways toward improving the gamer experience. Just like more carry-over points adding up to more Forma :D 
Thanks, D.E.

Edited by (XBOX)The Reject7946
Detail addition about Thrax Toxin caves.

I'm sorry but the masses are wrong. Shortening the games objectives just panters to the impatient and is a logical fallacy. Some people play this game casualy, how would shortening the objectives help those players? You might as well just beg for free forma so you don't have to be "bothered" with playing the game. I hope DE gets a certain satisfaction from general player angst.