Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could we make credits tradable?

(PSN)FirmBizkit

On 12/2/2023 at 10:08 PM, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

I could think of a few possible reasons... Not that I don't sympathise, and not that I agree with the possible reasons. One example, is that for many players, especially those that have been around a while and played a lot, Credits are in large abundance. If you could trade them to newer players, where certain resources are designed to be somewhat bottlenecked, to encourage newer players to start developing certain expectations and behaviours to alleviate issues (in short grinding and farming), that system starts to break down a little. Now this does exist already... people can bypass many grinding and farming... via the in game store. They can also bypass this via trade, but... only in certain select, specific ways, that DE has likely put a lot of though and time in analysing/considering. 

Basically end game players having the ability to give a resource thats abundant for them, to players who need it, is something a publisher needs to be considerate of. May affect patterns around Credit Booster purchases or the perceived value of it when its given for free, which also in turn influences how people play, grind and farm. 

Not liking Index is yeah, that is a significant way to make Credits in the game. Its not the only way though. Game doesn't explain this well, but each day you get a bonus to your first missions earnings. People have mentioned Profit Taker and Railjack, which are higher end, there are certain Dark Sector maps, that have extra boosts, and evn the Daily Sortie is actually a good source for Credits. Selling Harrow pieces, Kavat Incubation BPs, Mods (though Endo is usually the better route to get), and all those ways are often usually increased with Credit Boosters too. Then eventually Credits are a non issue. 

Also to be clear, I am not saying that is impossible to be made something that could be traded... just its not something that can't, for arbitrary reasons, even if we may not know the exact actual reasons. To put it another way, you can buy Credits with Platinum, but its one of the worst value trade offs in the game. Like its insanely poor value. 

Oh? This is interesting. Did not know daily bonus for credit.

When writing this, I had been putting off relics quite a bit as well. I just did 5 rounds of steel path disruption and walked away with 200k so that’s pretty decent. Passive earnings like that have been eluding me a bit lately as I’ve been absolutely swamped doing other limited weekly content like duviri and other things as well as quests. I have an incredible backlog of relics to do so passive earnings like that will be nice

So that bonus applies after the daily reset? Does that apply to Index or? If not, a Railjack mission would be good

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, (PSN)FirmBizkit said:

Oh? This is interesting. Did not know daily bonus for credit.

When writing this, I had been putting off relics quite a bit as well. I just did 5 rounds of steel path disruption and walked away with 200k so that’s pretty decent. Passive earnings like that have been eluding me a bit lately as I’ve been absolutely swamped doing other limited weekly content like duviri and other things as well as quests. I have an incredible backlog of relics to do so passive earnings like that will be nice

So that bonus applies after the daily reset? Does that apply to Index or? If not, a Railjack mission would be good

Yeah its a weird thing the game rarely tells you about. I think there might be a hint screen tip that might. There are some exceptions though unfortunately. It doesn't apply to Index or open worlds (so doesn't apply to Profit Taker). 

Railjack I do believe it applies, so good idea, as well as Sortie. I had some clan mates that would save the last part of the Sortie, the third round, for after Daily Reset to try to capitalise on the bonus. I don't know if that still works, and I don't do it myself, but it might. 

Steel Path Relic Bounties, any endless are decent too, since it gives you bonus boosters. Good for Credits, and Resources Generally. I did a Survival a few days ago, and my Smeeta procced 5 times against 8 Acolytes, was crazy, almost on a timer! 

Hope that helps. Oh and one other thing, could check your Inventory from items sell price and look for items that are tradable. You might have clan mates/friends that might be able to trade you stuff to sell. I think some of the damaged Necramech parts can sell for decent creds and some people have more of that resource, than they need. 

Take care! 

• Like 2