The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There should be more opportunities for European fans to collect Twitch drops

(XBOX)Koeitje3712

So I was really excited that Sevagoth was going to be a free drop, until I noticed that the entire Game Awards stream is literally in the middle of the night on a weekday. I can't watch at that time, I have to get up early in the morning. Even if I'd only watch the first 30 minutes I'd get less than 6 hours of sleep. I know that in this case DE can't do much about the broadcast times, but this is not the first time that drops are only available if you watch a stream in the middle of the night. I hope that in the future we will see more streams taking place at more reasonable times.

• Like 2

It's all relative. Both DE and The Game Awards are based in NA, and they can't stream at the extreme early morning or late evening for EU/Asia. I watch/enjoy Trackmania, which is mainly played by EU players and developed by a French studio (Ubisoft Nadeo). For that reason, I can never play a Cup of the Day during the daytime when it is most active due to my time-zone (I am in NA). It is what it is.

Edited by Voltage

On 2023-12-04 at 10:27 PM, Voltage said:

It's all relative. Both DE and The Game Awards are based in NA, and they can't stream at the extreme early morning or late evening for EU/Asia. I watch/enjoy Trackmania, which is mainly played by EU players and developed by a French studio (Ubisoft Nadeo). For that reason, I can never play a Cup of the Day during the daytime when it is most active due to my time-zone (I am in NA). It is what it is.

I'm not talking about just the GA. I understand DE is an North American based developer and thus pretty much only focusses on the Americas in terms of fan interaction, but I do think that is a pity.

Plus nothing is preventing them from doing some kind of rerun on their own channel as part of their drop campaign for their developer streams and such. It is just a deliberate choice to only focus on fans from the Americas.

On 2023-12-04 at 10:45 PM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Never gonna happen, it will always end in a cycle of complaint.

Why not? You can have a drop campaign over multiple streaming sessions, so when you have a stream at an inconvenient time for anyone not in the Americas you have a rerun as part of the same campaign.

Edited by (XBOX)Koeitje3712
  • Like 2

Depending on your situation, you can sometimes just go to the twitch channel, click on Chat and let it sit there overnight. It doesn't always work, but in my experience, most times it'll begin showing the stream as soon as it stats and you'll get the drops. Sometimes it fails, but I don't know what causes it. hth

I miss out on things that will be done In Europe or Japan during their afternoons or evenings due to the time difference. Things are just going to happen at times that are convenient for people in the region of origin or wherever an event is held.

At least now the drops have a continuous timer so for instance on devstreams and prime times you can start watching (or get up to start a stream) and then if you fall asleep, it won't stop after the first drop.

17 hours ago, sketch2002 said:

Depending on your situation, you can sometimes just go to the twitch channel, click on Chat and let it sit there overnight. It doesn't always work, but in my experience, most times it'll begin showing the stream as soon as it stats and you'll get the drops. Sometimes it fails, but I don't know what causes it. hth

16 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I miss out on things that will be done In Europe or Japan during their afternoons or evenings due to the time difference. Things are just going to happen at times that are convenient for people in the region of origin or wherever an event is held.

At least now the drops have a continuous timer so for instance on devstreams and prime times you can start watching (or get up to start a stream) and then if you fall asleep, it won't stop after the first drop.

Unfortunately power in Western Europe isn't as cheap as in the Americas. Even a state such as Alaska has incredibly cheap power. Hell, even Hawaii is cheaper... Plus I don't consider this much of a solution and a bit of a waste of energy regardless of the costs. 

But @Hobie-wan, can you please point out the Twitch streams that were convenient for European or Asian viewers. I must have missed them.

Edited by (XBOX)Koeitje3712
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Koeitje3712 said:

But @Hobie-wan, can you please point out the Twitch streams that were convenient for European or Asian viewers. I must have missed them.

Can you please point out where I said I was limiting to Warframe events or even Twitch specifically? I very specifically said a nebulous "things" on purpose. There's more to life than Warframe. Other events and limited product releases happen that might appeal to people outside of a given region.

On 2023-12-06 at 9:34 PM, Hobie-wan said:

Can you please point out where I said I was limiting to Warframe events or even Twitch specifically? I very specifically said a nebulous "things" on purpose. There's more to life than Warframe. Other events and limited product releases happen that might appeal to people outside of a given region.

I'm posting it here because its something DE can do something about. If I have problems with other events or products not being available in my region I would go to the supplier of said content. So I don't quite understand what you are trying to achieve or what point you are trying to make? 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, (XBOX)Koeitje3712 said:

I'm posting it here because its something DE can do something about. If I have problems with other events or products not being available in my region I would go to the supplier of said content. So I don't quite understand what you are trying to achieve or what point you are trying to make? 

You're just going to have to live with the problem. VPNs and such exist and people would cheat the system. The drops are an incentive to watch the streams and get excited about Warframe (which Twitch gets to try to advertise to your eyeballs as they run) but they aren't anything essential or worth the massive hassle that (mostly) Twitch and DE would need to undertake in order to ensure it didn't become a massive fustercluck.

On 2023-12-08 at 3:03 PM, (XBOX)Koeitje3712 said:

I'm posting it here because its something DE can do something about.

No, it's not. DE streams in the hours they're comfortable in. They're not going to change their streaming hours just to make it more convenient for you, because then it becomes inconvenient for someone else again.