Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa's fourth ability

andreymegamen

Question

Hello everyone. I would like to ask a question about Mesa's fourth ability. She can't shoot at some bosses/mini bosses (Archons, etc.). It doesn't seem logical to me. How do they differ from regular mobs? It would be fine if it were possible to deal damage only to vulnerable points, but no. You just need to shoot them. 
Is that how it's meant to be, or is there something wrong?

6 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, andreymegamen said:

How do they differ from regular mobs?

You answered yourself. They are bosses. She cannot shot at them due to balance. She can still shoot at Liches, Sisters and Demolysts.

26 minutes ago, andreymegamen said:

It would be fine if it were possible to deal damage only to vulnerable points, but no

That would be super imbalanced.

52 minutes ago, andreymegamen said:

Hello everyone. I would like to ask a question about Mesa's fourth ability. She can't shoot at some bosses/mini bosses (Archons, etc.). It doesn't seem logical to me. How do they differ from regular mobs? It would be fine if it were possible to deal damage only to vulnerable points, but no. You just need to shoot them. 

Archons are mostly immune to and untargetable by abilities.  Some other bosses are only targetable on non-torso weakpoints, which disqualifies Peacemaker.  The other "bosses" that it doesn't work on I'd assume are intended at this point, although one never knows for sure with DE unless they say so.

1 час назад, Zakkhar сказал:

That would be super imbalanced.

Thanks for the reply. You seem to have misunderstood me. I meant that if they could ONLY be killed at vulnerable points, then I would understand why she can't shoot at them. But in our case, they are killed simply by shooting and using abilities (non-directional). It turns out that Mesa and her kind, which are aimed at the target, just stay out, compared to others. It is clear that they will not change the balance. I just wanted to share my thoughts.

it's 20/20 hindsight issue with the design, mainly. Peacemaker doesn't actually shoot bullets like normal Guns, it's... well, space magic.

and because of that, there isn't any way to balance it other than... globally nerf it, specifically nerf it against certain Enemies as a special case, or prevent it from being used.
granted, tbh i'd rather have a special case nerf against things rather than the Ability just doesn't work, since things just not working randomly is always uncool in this game (any game, really). but oh well.

On 12/11/2023 at 9:57 AM, andreymegamen said:

The logic is it would be OP. It gives her a reason to use other weapons at least 😂