The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

12/22/2023 Cross Platform Save: Re-opens January 2024

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, (PSN)FreelancerYork02 said:

When will cross save be open again? Also why do DE need to open and close it? Can't they make it like in Destiny and other games where you just log on your preferred platform and transfer your account progress.

Hopefully it gets to that point eventually but it's not that simple rn. In classic DE fashion the thing was bugged to hell and clearly not fully baked.

People losing items, entire accounts getting wiped, weird specific things like getting locked out of using animal companions if you were incubating a pet when you merged. Being entirely locked out of cross save if you participated in account migration years ago when the switch port launched. Tons of user error that support just doesn't have the means to deal with.

They closed it cus it was practically on fire. It's been a mess so far. Gonna be a slow transition from it being a technical nightmare to being seamless. If it ever gets that far.

Just want to put out there that after merging my ps4 and steam accounts during the December Drip Gate I’ve been experiencing a bug that opens my inbox every time I load into my orbiter or other hubs as if I have an unread message regardless if I’ve already interacted with it. In case others have this same bug I wish to bring it up and hope that the wonderful people at DE can fix this in future Cross-save patches.

7 hours ago, Evaleastaristev said:

I'm helping a friend with the link/merge, but because he did not have a PC account previous to the announcement of cross save, (he mains PS5) he is ineligible to merge. I thought I remembered something about this being fixed?  

I don't think most people are eligible because cross save is on the back bench and has been since late December. Apart from those that already merged on the given days or so. 

As of right now, I still can't merge my account.

Unless being a founder or prime access owner is still an exception. 

Also, making a PC account is still a requirement for cross save. They should be able to add their PC account via account management when they eventually open the feature again.

7 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

I don't think most people are eligible because cross save is on the back bench and has been since late December. Apart from those that already merged on the given days or so. 

Also, making a PC account is still a requirement for cross save. They should be able to add their PC account via account management when they eventually open the feature again.

Ignore me, they reopened the ability to merge 3 hours ago.

On 2023-12-24 at 6:23 AM, (NSW)SastusBulbas said:

I was one of teh mugs stupid enough to fall for the clickbait FOMO you lot created when you released the game on Switch and offered PC users a limited time to transfer a PC inventorty to a Switch account, no doubt this greatly benefitted DE as it meant you had an active player base with some progression helping to kick start a Switch community.

I was also one of the FOMO idiots that am currently locked out of the merging my XBOX account with my PC account because i "tried" warframe on the switch and never played it.

I would 100% be down to just delete my switch account if that would fix my problem.

9 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

Being entirely locked out of cross save if you participated in account migration years ago when the switch port launched.

this is bull

Edited by Dabnician

4 hours ago, DarknessNightshade said:

I was able to make a pc account to host the merge between my Xbox as the primary and psn as the secondary didn’t have any issues everything showed up on my psn just fine ofc my Xbox story progression took over everything which is fantastic