Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How's that plot for you?

TioMegaManX

10 hours ago, Qriist said:

You're conflating gameplay mechanical balance with lore.

You have to otherwise why even play warframe, it's not like it's addicting, hell if anything it's actively anti addicting because so little work is put in to make the gameplay exciting. theres no proper challenge. You cant be stealthy, you are actively dissuaded from investing in big bad weapons like archguns, snipers, and explosives, you are effectively forced to pick fast shooting rifle and fast swinging melee and run into the enemy with abandon you either win or die. should you die you have two choices A. spend 30 minutes trying to figure out a optimal build you can pool off which if you cant you'll now be forced to spend money or farm for possibly weeks, or B. find new OP weapon to replace current weapons with and hope to god it doesn't get turbonerfed into the singularity like explosives. None of that is fun, no one wants to turn a game into labor. thats not even getting into the fact that their answer to fixing most problems isn't "hey lets see if there is a active way to make this more enjoyable" it's "lets make it kill things faster or slower". if all the game comes down to is killing things faster and it's writing is meh then the killing things faster better mean something to the story considering that. I mean, the only thing that this game promotes other than fashionframe is new thing that kills things fast not, hey this is a new way to complete missions, or we made beast pets function on par with wild kubrow instead of just standing there while you get magazines worth of ammo unloaded into your skull.

5 hours ago, Dairaion said:

You have to otherwise why even play warframe, it's not like it's addicting, hell if anything it's actively anti addicting because so little work is put in to make the gameplay exciting. theres no proper challenge

The warframe of today is very different to the warframe when Sentients were introduced. Your guns today have arcanes, extra mods, special mods, special alt fire, lich enhancements, operator buffs, shard buffs and so on.

I think they tried to reset it to make it more challenging. Hence the "not warframe" Duviri.

On 1/2/2024 at 4:50 AM, Krion112 said:

This is why players are taking issue with the quest, it's really not that hard to understand.

They wanted to play this part.

Also, what did DE's own site say again?
Oh, right, it said:
- "Fight on the frontlines in every corner of the Origin System..."
- "Unite opposing forces and test your mettle against the full mustered force of the Sentients..."

Sounds like grunt work to me?

Thank you.    This is definitely my issue with it.,   People trying to undermine players frustration with claims of well it’s How the story worked out and lore this is that.   Skipping so much of the war wasn’t a lore choice by DE. It was a development production choice. It was the easier option..   and by far the most unsatisfying for the player.   

We wanted to use all our cool weapons, our Warframes,  And all that cool stuff we’ve been grinding for years,

Instead, we got some grumpy Luke skywalker , ( drifter,)  A character we hadn’t even met yet,  A tiny bit of dead space and splinter cells, and a whole lot of renewed assets,  the sentients became the lawnmower man. ( Narma )Because apparently throwing a facemask, on something makes it different.   

if you’re going to make us lose a War to some AI robots.   Please make it like terminator one and two.  😀

• Like 7

On 2024-01-02 at 9:37 PM, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

Because apparently throwing a facemask, on something makes it different.   

You know what's funny? just now after going on with some farming I pondered for a moment... veils are not even a new thing, the corrupted had veils for as long as I can remember.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You know what's funny? just now after going on with some farming I pondered for a moment... veils are not even a new thing, the corrupted had veils for as long as I can remember.

I know this isn't what you meant, but I'm glad someone finally made that observation. It was genius for DE to leave that breadcrumb of what influenced the veils. The Corrupted are void turned from void sentries...perhaps made by Dr. Entrati, influenced by Wally. Now, my question is when did Wally interact with Ballas' or Erra? 

There are other comparisons that, IMO, DE hopes we begin to pick up on.

Why do the vessels share the same skin structure as the Duviri people? 

How did the void allow certain people into the Drifter's self created world of Duviri? Why Teshin, Kullervo and Dr. Entrati, in particular? Speaking of that...

If Wally is basically a deity of the void, why does he not have total control of it? Wally seems more like a major player but still one of a few players.

Lastly, exactly how many Wallys are we dealing with? The one we fought in the vessel isn't behaving like the one at the very end of the event. Dr. Entrati also doesn't seem very "possessed" in that scene neither. Who's controlling who or are we looking at void brothers and not realizing it? 

5 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I know this isn't what you meant, but I'm glad someone finally made that observation. It was genius for DE to leave that breadcrumb of what influenced the veils. The Corrupted are void turned from void sentries...perhaps made by Dr. Entrati, influenced by Wally. Now, my question is when did Wally interact with Ballas' or Erra? 

There are other comparisons that, IMO, DE hopes we begin to pick up on.

Why do the vessels share the same skin structure as the Duviri people? 

How did the void allow certain people into the Drifter's self created world of Duviri? Why Teshin, Kullervo and Dr. Entrati, in particular? Speaking of that...

If Wally is basically a deity of the void, why does he not have total control of it? Wally seems more like a major player but still one of a few players.

Lastly, exactly how many Wallys are we dealing with? The one we fought in the vessel isn't behaving like the one at the very end of the event. Dr. Entrati also doesn't seem very "possessed" in that scene neither. Who's controlling who or are we looking at void brothers and not realizing it? 

You are giving DE too much credit, in the past they have just gone and used theories and speculation from players to fill in the gaps, that's why I don't even try to say or speculate anything about the plot because you can just check theories on here, wait for the next update and see how it is not like they were correct, it was copy and paste.

• Like 3

On 2024-01-02 at 6:36 PM, CephalonCarnage said:

The warframe of today is very different to the warframe when Sentients were introduced. Your guns today have arcanes, extra mods, special mods, special alt fire, lich enhancements, operator buffs, shard buffs and so on.

I think they tried to reset it to make it more challenging. Hence the "not warframe" Duviri.

Then why couldn't they "Reset" it into being a game about ninjas assassinating people?

8 hours ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

wouldn't surprise me if there is Wally is 1 per viewer - there's a lot of "twins" narrative going on with DE's story now, and Albert did mention his twin in the void and so on. The Wally in your orbiter could be a creation that was your alter-ego in the void, something the viewer make by virtue of looking. That's a strange concept that kicks around a lot, like warhammer 40k's void creating the chaos gods from the emotions of the people who know of it (sortof, you get the idea)

2 hours ago, Dairaion said:

Then why couldn't they "Reset" it into being a game about ninjas assassinating people

Because Steve got bored with space ninjas and wanted to make something else- hence Soulforge being Celtic/fantasy.

17 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You are giving DE too much credit, in the past they have just gone and used theories and speculation from players to fill in the gaps, that's why I don't even try to say or speculate anything about the plot because you can just check theories on here, wait for the next update and see how it is not like they were correct, it was copy and paste.

I don't think I am giving them too much credit at all. There is a difference between fillers (new frames, seasonal/special events, dev inspiration from the community) and the mainline story. 

I do, however, think you are not the community nor time, enough credit. Community theories of a few weeks or months can't be designed that quickly, on a mainline scale. On the other hand, those in the community who are big on keeping up with the lore can make, and have made, very good guesses on what's happening next...like Deimos being the obvious next open world (because the main factions get updates in rotation and chapters. My guess is that Parvos or Nef Anyo will be showing their next move against Erra and Narmer. This may be where the old Empyrean trailer battle comes in). 

Either way, considering DE would have already show their investors a full Scope of Work portfolio for 2024-25, I would be surprised if player input could be created in the mainline scale. 

On 2024-01-07 at 8:43 AM, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I don't think I am giving them too much credit at all. There is a difference between fillers (new frames, seasonal/special events, dev inspiration from the community) and the mainline story. 

I do, however, think you are not the community nor time, enough credit. Community theories of a few weeks or months can't be designed that quickly, on a mainline scale. On the other hand, those in the community who are big on keeping up with the lore can make, and have made, very good guesses on what's happening next...like Deimos being the obvious next open world (because the main factions get updates in rotation and chapters. My guess is that Parvos or Nef Anyo will be showing their next move against Erra and Narmer. This may be where the old Empyrean trailer battle comes in). 

Either way, considering DE would have already show their investors a full Scope of Work portfolio for 2024-25, I would be surprised if player input could be created in the mainline scale. 

That portfolio probably just has a list of events not a wikipedia level description of the minutia of a story.

Honestly I don't care very much. 

In my opinion Duviri is the best piece of content they produced since I first played the game just before Wisp, and it's its own story with very little connection with the main story. It's the only content I can farm without being bored or annoyed. It's just too good.

As long as it is entertaining and make sense. I would say that I'm very interested in what they'll do with the Man in the Wall.

I have to admit I didn't like the New War that much because it directly rode on "Avengers Infinity War/Endgame" type of writing, that I hate. The difference being that it was just a bunch of "underdog" missions, there was 3 missions for the beginning of the war and that was it, not really an old fashioned war like people wanted. Railjack in comparison looks more like an actual "New War".

Edited by Ramzarn
  • Like 2