Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Weapons, Tennokai and Mod Capacity

Drachnov

Hello Tennos,

For those of us that play warframes with exalted weapons like Exca, the introduction and availability of Tennokai and its mods for exalted served as another reminder that the exalted weapons, compared to the usual melees, suffer from capacity issues.

In many cases, apart from the need to forma all mod slots, with the introduction of Tennokai, that won't be enough without sacrificing something, either slotting a sub max mod or a sub bonus mod (eg a 60/60 elemental instead of 90 or a non primed version of mods).

For example, a Primed Fury, Reach, Fever Strike, Shocking Touch, Organ Shatter, Condition Overload, Glad Might and Sacrificial Steel 60capacity Exalted blade, with all slots forma'd which doesn t leave much flexibility for other setups than the example of a corrosive setup like this, leaves 8 capacity for Tennokai/exilus with some mods maxxing at 9 for this slot.

This is only serves as an example, offering not much flexibility for different setups for the rest of the configuration slots and not even capacity for this single one. I m pretty sure there are many more examples and also pretty sure something can be done for the exalted weapons, concerning this specific aspect of their building parameters.

• Like 10

Exalted melees are way too underpowered now, they get none of the good mods and now arcanes. Why [DE]ncent is so afraid of giving them something good to build with? Literally any melee is better than the exalted melee weapons now with the acolytes mods (and they are in the game for YEARS already) and new arcanes. Exalted melees aren't even that powerful to start with. The only advantage they have is the scaling with power strength but all melees got at least 100% base damage boost in Melee 3.0 when exalted melees got jacksh1t, but they lost the scaling damage with combo counter all the same. Why???

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

Exalted melees are way too underpowered now, they get none of the good mods and now arcanes. Why [DE]ncent is so afraid of giving them something good to build with? Literally any melee is better than the exalted melee weapons now with the acolytes mods (and they are in the game for YEARS already) and new arcanes. Exalted melees aren't even that powerful to start with. The only advantage they have is the scaling with power strength but all melees got at least 100% base damage boost in Melee 3.0 when exalted melees got jacksh1t, but they lost the scaling damage with combo counter all the same. Why???

they could of scale it like vauban's dart grenade, I do agree exalted weapon are underpower so bad, even regular melee didn't give a rat end of the rear for it is that meme inaros bully rhino picture but the time being I think the dev need let go being scared meta weapons for they don't understand their own concept what need nerf right and not overkill it I been saying this more then years and what the result is end up rely on melee weapons and rely on frames that do radius dmg with bigger radius dmg and using mag for all the nuclear waste land bombardment.  The exalted weapons are pose to be wonderful, the god given weapons and now deviated of made up broken concept by the dev, I believe they need remove the cap as in seriously what is the point using a exalted weapon when players are going replace it with rhino's roar or something else, this is the terrible flash back about the freaking FROG LEAPING ZOCK EXCAL AGAIN FOR I ASK Y R U DOING THIS!  Stop making horrible concept again!  I said nerf it right to be balance, not overkill nerfing for there is term overkill nerf for your just killing all the damn weapons just being pea shooter and spit balls that is how bad it is if ur fighting the enemies who have real bullets nailing u down, if you want that old concept u could have done it like Duviri but make the concept human as possible of a realm or domain area just strip the void power due of the void lord just said no u don't have authority but no just no they have to ZOCK IT AND NERF!

womens world cup sad moment GIF

22 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

they could of scale it like vauban's dart grenade, I do agree exalted weapon are underpower so bad, even regular melee didn't give a rat end of the rear for it is that meme inaros bully rhino picture but the time being I think the dev need let go being scared meta weapons for they don't understand their own concept what need nerf right and not overkill it I been saying this more then years and what the result is end up rely on melee weapons and rely on frames that do radius dmg with bigger radius dmg and using mag for all the nuclear waste land bombardment.  The exalted weapons are pose to be wonderful, the god given weapons and now deviated of made up broken concept by the dev, I believe they need remove the cap as in seriously what is the point using a exalted weapon when players are going replace it with rhino's roar or something else, this is the terrible flash back about the freaking FROG LEAPING ZOCK EXCAL AGAIN FOR I ASK Y R U DOING THIS!  Stop making horrible concept again!  I said nerf it right to be balance, not overkill nerfing for there is term overkill nerf for your just killing all the damn weapons just being pea shooter and spit balls that is how bad it is if ur fighting the enemies who have real bullets nailing u down, if you want that old concept u could have done it like Duviri but make the concept human as possible of a realm or domain area just strip the void power due of the void lord just said no u don't have authority but no just no they have to ZOCK IT AND NERF!

womens world cup sad moment GIF

621.png

• Like 2

Number one reason as to why I don't unlock that Exilus slot ?

I'm not spending more umbra formas on every other frame.

Exalted weapons are aging like fine cheese in the summer sun.

Yes, we can increase their strength through more ability strength. Does this mean that we should mod the weapons themselves like we have the mod collection of a MR3 player? No.

The whole reason why Khora is such a good frame is because her Whip is actually NOT a whip melee exalt, but a pseudo exalt instead. Why? Because Whips is the single worst weapon type in the game with pitiful stances, and follow through. Just imagine how BAD Khora would be if on top of being forced to use a standard whip, she couldn't even mod it properly, with Blood Rush and the like... nobody would stand for that. Yet no one bats an eye for just about anything else because ... reasons? I guess ?

Exalted weapons together with Pseudo exalts need a complete rework to review base mod capacity, mod accessibility and arcane compatibility.

There should not be a single reason as to why Excalibur's Exalted blade is not the single strongest sword type melee in the entire game : that's his whole thing.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

The whole reason why Khora is such a good frame is because her Whip is actually NOT a whip melee exalt, but a pseudo exalt instead. Why? Because Whips is the single worst weapon type in the game with pitiful stances, and follow through.

Exalted weapons suffering from followthrough can easily be addressed by setting that stat to 1. 

• Like 1

Le 01/01/2024 à 00:14, Qriist a dit :

Exalted weapons suffering from followthrough can easily be addressed by setting that stat to 1. 

I mean, yeah, but there are still more issues, namely stances with misleading hitboxes or poor range, even when modded specifically for it (which is a recurring theme among any whip).

On 2023-12-30 at 10:39 PM, Qriist said:

*delete*

if you don't want to read, you shouldn't have come the internet to read in the 1st place.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Now, seeing ur losing ur support already and had nothing go on about exalted weapons and Tennokai with mod cap which I will help continue the discussion.  So begin with issues stated exalted weapons being pea shooter as always being nothing but sad meme for all exalted weapons for I only see the dev need to un-nerf the hell stream being pour into it because warframe pose to be "warframes" being the GODLY POWER and capping that is pretty much killing the concept of warframe is that is all.

As Tennokai, I'm just only saying what reason we are having this or the other one for description is always half rear details gone off no matter what for I just slap down any random mods in that slot.

The mod cap, started ages ago cap of the mods I believed during the alpha started 10 then nerf down to be 8 then re-open with 2 cap mod only specific today like it's counter partner 1 of aura to stance and now spare is the spare slot that only matter to the spare which I ask "y do you do this to the mod slot on melee?💀" but then again the dev probably don't want answer that for sure, if they do I am pretty sure in guessing the community be sitting down looking at them like this.

Animated GIF

Anyway, I just believe the dev need to rethink it again or otherwise the dev is going end up throwing another challenge as the casual player is going casually go through as casual they do and going go back ask them again same question y.  Until then, don't be malarkey, be simple and smart.