Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guardian shell not overguard ?

_Anise_

just a thought, why wasn't the additional shield guardian shell generates changed to overguard along with all the other stacking damage absorb abilities?

Edited by _Anise_

• _Anise_ changed the title to Guardian shell not overguard ?

tbh I didn't use it much, I was just playing around with it today and I agree its not like other damage absorbtions its actually kinda bad

to get use out of this you have to go operator to put it on your warframe for 4 seconds of immunity in a direction and only to projectiles ? and this stacks a secondary health which is also directional and lasts shorter than the immunity, you need to be in operator half the time to keep this up, I am not sure what it's for

Guardian Shell used to be busted good but didn't last long.
It used to be a very large dome invulnerable to all damage long as you had energy to keep it on and was a physical object.

I tested it with a friend and they could stand on it. It got nerf'd to useless pretty quick.

It's more similar to Snow Globe so it's obvious why they didn't make it omni-directional. Someone could just sit in operator form and keep the immune phase going. Similar to how Frost casting Snow Globe every 4 seconds results in an immortal globe. I'm curious if blocking mitigation works unlike Overguard. Prolly not.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

its actually kinda bad

Yeah, it really suffers in comparison to Protective Sling, obviously.   It could really use a multiplier to the incoming damage during the invuln phase so that it gets a beefier shield, and attacks that aren't soaked up shouldn't remove hp from it.  I like the directional aspect, although that should be made clear in the description and graphically. 

It still wouldn't compete well very with Protective Sling, but I think that ability is too powerful.

One good thing I noticed playing with it right now: it doesn't have the anti-synergy with Sling that it once did, where the invuln would prevent it from adding hp to the barrier.