Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game introduction rework

I know I'm new. But now that I'm getting into The New War I had an idea.

The game I come from has re-designed the introduction of the game many, many, almost too many times. But I think this would be cool;

Instead of the current introduction, starting out as a frame. And then slowly getting and understanding of who we are, the plot, etc in the main story line codex

I think it would be cool to actually start out as the operator (or drifter, or both, in a sort of prologue to the game). Because.. now that I'm getting an understanding of what's actually going on.. it makes the frame much, much cooler. A new person will fire up the game, notice the aggressive movement mechanics being in the warframe... and think that's just how things are. Not so much that we're wielding this super armor machine known as a Warframe, and this isn't how Humanoids actually move in this universe.

..the idea of starting out as a regular ol'humanoid makes the Warframe more exciting and interesting in my opinion!

7 hours ago, Colldbllue said:

.the idea of starting out as a regular ol'humanoid makes the Warframe more exciting and interesting in my opinion!

technically we have this:

Spoiler

you have the option to start your warframe journey from the Duviri Paradox quest and experience the Drifter's perspective of events before arriving in the Origin System (warframe proper).

6 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

technically we have this:

Hide contents

you have the option to start your warframe journey from the Duviri Paradox quest and experience the Drifter's perspective of events before arriving in the Origin System (warframe proper).

Not anymore 

18 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

what do you mean? when they added Duviri content, it was possible to start with it; did they remove that option? when?

I can't quote PC patch notes so

"Removed the Duviri Starting Path from the New Player Experience. Now, all new Tenno will start with the Vor's Prize Quest, and the Duviri Paradox will be available to them after its completion. 

After months of review of player behavior, we are making this change to give all new players an accurate representation of core Warframe gameplay before we introduce them to the magic of Duviri.  Offering two Starting Paths for new players was an experiment -- and not one we regret -- but a key part of experimentation is continued iteration after the fact to ensure the best player experience possible. Tenno who already chose the Drifter Path should not be affected!"

• Like 1

That would be cool

Spoiler

What if you were able to start in an alternative paradox known as Duviri Paradox, where you would start as a drifter, then you would be able to complete the story as normal then make your way into the regular Warframe universe. It’s a totally original idea that just came to me in a dream, trust.

47 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

what do you mean? when they added Duviri content, it was possible to start with it; did they remove that option? when?

Yea they removed it shortly after, you can’t start with that anymore. It’s still available for new players though, just has to be completed after Vor’s Quest.