Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potential Gauss Prime changes

I have been maining Gauss before I heard he was S tier. Hell, I started playing Gauss before he was first tweaked. And with Gauss Prime on the horizon I wanted to bring up what I feel could make Gauss better without necessarily making him more powerful.

passive: applies to companions or allies within X range (maybe at diminished return), think Citrine.

kinetic plating: amazing ability with just one flaw. Increasing your strength doesn’t really provide any meaningful benefit at higher levels. Max out your battery, stand still a bit, and max energy. Positive strength barely impacts this but any negative strength will make Gauss unplayable. My suggestion is making the energy restore a flat rate and removing strength interaction. Additionally, it would be nice if while active, I could reactivate with one button press instead of two like Xaku’s Vast Untime.

redline: Gauss’ main buffer does just about everything. The casting time increases was a very nice change. My only suggestion would be to have this casting buff apply to a recast as well as a similar change to kinetic plating; that being recasting with one button press instead of two.

Overall these suggested changes add very little actual power to Gauss’ kit but adds a bit team support to his passive and QoL to his two and four. Tell me what you think.

I don't think the changes I want for him are ever getting realized.

All I want is for Mach rush steering to increase, and make the toggle transition faster.

and then I want Redline's rockets to be removed, they're too much. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

All I want is a change or an augment that would make it so Redline can stay active forever, similarly to the treatment Gyre received, because having to recharge the battery every 60 seconds isn't an enjoyable gameplay loop.

One of the things in my suggested Redline changes was that it would require one fewer button presses and would recast faster. Admittedly, yeah, the “fast frame” has a really long casting animation that can get really annoying. I’ve played Gauss a lot and I still hate this.

to be honest, I don't see many issues with his kit really. there are only a few light tweaks that he needs: better steering on Mach rush would be ncie, thoguh if you run decently high camera sensitivity and are on a larger tileset like the new labs, I've found he actually can corner ok.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

All I want is a change or an augment that would make it so Redline can stay active forever, similarly to the treatment Gyre received, because having to recharge the battery every 60 seconds isn't an enjoyable gameplay loop.

- Augment Suggestion: Overclocked

Redline is always active, drains the redline meter more slowly and constantly drains energy over time, Gauss begins the Mission with Full energy. 

I do find it funny that Gyre can keep her abilities up - granted, perpetual motion/energy from movement is arguably one of her main themes - but the frame themed around speed and constant movement cannot. plus Redline has an oddly long casting time, even though it can be done while moving.