Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbral Stretch should it happen.

Context 

How many Warframes need a bit more Range but only have proper mod space for one or two and either that or sacrifice Strength twice fold for only a small bit of reach

The thought and rough math

I believe adding an Umbral stretch would do better good than (Archon shards, Arcanes, Buff Abilities and Gearwheel items that no one uses)

•First the math adds up with [45] increase by 70% to [~65-70].    Next the mod capacity is a +7 from [9] to [16], This also would allow room for both a Guaranteed space for a common use mod and the Umbra forma

-This also could help some players from relying or overstuffing the mod space with Augur reach and Overextended which usually leaves no room for Strength or Duration

-This also allows the player to switch which Umbra mods matter, No Armor replace with Range, No Strength replace with Range, Only using two Umbra mods and don't want Health but also don't want Armor

This Last part is about set bonus mods, some players like me have an unleveled Umbra mods to upgrade the One or Two of the other ones.  It does waste mod spaces but why have full armor when i'll just use Archon shards or Arcane Guardian and have doubled or tripled it with a single upgrade

Edited by (XBOX)Mastermitchel89
  • Like 4

That sounds like a good idea; To be honest, I think it would be great to have Umbral versions of all the general mods, including Stretch, Redirection and possibly a couple of others I can't recall at the moment. That would benefit other Frames that don't have much Health or another stat, such as Hildryn.

Hopefully more come in the future :)

• Like 1

I believe DE doesn’t wish to give us any more +range tools because of how that can be problematic when used on certain abilities (not that DE helps their own case too much with how certain skills are busted even at base, but anyways). It’s why we don’t have +range gems, book mods or arcanes, but we do have those for other stats (I think, at least).

At least that is what it seems like to me. I don’t believe DE is interested in making thermal sunder spam and whatnot on lower levels even easier than it already is, specially since a lot of people are complaining about this sort of thing these days.

I’m not against it though. The game would be much better with more customization options and less dumb stuff than the other way around. Exalted weapons comes to mind.

:v

• Like 5

It's useful to remember that adding a tool to help some frames with range issues doesn't suddenly prevent other frames from using it as well IN ADDITION to the current tools.

So no. I think it better that some frames have their base range values addressed in minor buffs in the future instead, as this addition would allow 'some' builds to suddenly go from a casual "tile clear" to a "tile and a half" clear or worse, as well as allowing, just as you infer for struggling frames, overperforming frames to suddenly avoid overextended but maintain roughly the same range (but with vastly higher power strength).

If this could be granted to weaker frames in a vacuum, heck yeah, but it can't in this format as a lot of frames would gladly find room for 2 fantastic mods (Umbra Intense+Reach) and 1 "survival" (last umbra of choice) for such a huge range buff.

That said, man I want more set bonuses. I love set bonuses in this game, umbra included. But range is a risky thing to universally buff as it can rather easily encourage "less than favorable" coop experiences with yet more tile wipe spam and walking simulators being handed around. Got enough of that; Rather see individual abilities buffed instead.

• Like 1

It's less out of the question than it was when mister "I'm gonna nerf the sh*t out of itzal" guy was involved with balancing stuff, but it's still not very likely to happen because pushing max range beyond 280% or reaching it more easily could to more "balancing issues" though this point is kind of dated considering how Warframe's bulk of enemies is fodder we already oneshot across the map with all sorts of abilities AND weapons. Going further in max range might be less of an issue now than it was then because of how the game evolved.

• Like 1