The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nuke Builds Are Ruining Gameplay Enjoyment

Zinxori-

4 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Ugh, so edgy.

Ugh, so entitled. 

4 hours ago, Merkranire said:

Enough space is not the point where the mission fails, 

You can build a gun to be customizable, and still be good. 

You don't have to completely min max everything to the point where you drop 6-7 forma on something. But most people probably have done 20x the amount of misssions you have done. 

So when you actually realize people just want to complete the mission, maybe you'll realize why people invest in getting stronger than you. Its so the mission goes by faster. 

(Should somebody tell him why people buy so much forma? Is it so they can get as strong as they want?) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NeonNebula9 said:

No they're not. 

Reading your rant, it's really hard to believe you've been playing since 2015 to be honest.

You're acting like people don't take long breaks from the game.

Like me.

I'm only MR17. But yet, look at that Grandmaster badge on my profile, I was [i]obviously[/i] around back during the day.

1 hour ago, NeonNebula9 said:

I got two words for you: PLAY SOLO.

And what if you need something from a mission that is impossible for you to solo?

Like, um, Voidrig?

Which you know, 100% of the entire fricken game is locked behind?

Impossible to solo not because of enemy strength, I can kill the stuff in bounties, UNTIL they slap a Defense Target in the rotation, which they *ALWAYS* do, and I am convinced they do it on purpose to prevent most people from soloing unless they are so ludicrously OP, which you can't get until AFTER Steel Path.

So, I'm forced to group up.

.... and fall asleep while everything around me dies in 2 seconds to people who are ludicrously overpowered.

52 minutes ago, HeavyFarms said:

In FF14, you lose the majority of your stats, and lose whatever skills you have till you match the level. Again, unpopular. Level 90 people don't like losing 40 levels of skills and gear to Isync. Thankfully they added an option where you can go into content at whatever level you are. With a few exceptions, you aren't forced to be nerfed.

"Unpopular".

I'm convinced you don't actually play FFXIV, so I dunno why you're mentioning it.

If you played it, you'd realize that you can Q up for a dungeon any day of the week and get one within 10min as a DPS, and almost instant as a tank or healer and you never hear anybody complaining about Level Sync, in fact, most people who talk about it, praise it for allowing people to experience dungeons as they were meant to be experienced, and praise it for keeping Q times short.

Because they know the alternative is what we have in WoW: scale everybody's power relative to each other so that your gear and progression doesn't matter at all and everything is all jank and whacked up and you have no ability to know what exactly DPS or HPS you're doing because the numbers on the screen lie.

Oh, and doing dungeons unsynch'd, you miss out on 90% of the rewards.

And look at that, if you just want the dungeon for story purposes, the game lets you do it with NPCs if you seriously don't wanna group up.

15 minutes ago, Xylia said:

Like me.

I'm only MR17. But yet, look at that Grandmaster badge on my profile, I was [i]obviously[/i] around back during the day.

And what if you need something from a mission that is impossible for you to solo?

Like, um, Voidrig?

Impossible to solo not because of enemy strength, I can kill the stuff in bounties, UNTIL they slap a Defense Target in the rotation, which they *ALWAYS* do, and I am convinced they do it on purpose to prevent most people from soloing unless they are so ludicrously OP, which you can't get until AFTER Steel Path.

.... and fall asleep while everything around me dies in 2 seconds to people who are ludicrously overpowered.

What does taking long breaks got to do with what OP is talking about?

Also, if it’s something that can’t be done solo then by all means play public, no one here is against that. But don’t be like OP and complain because you didn’t get a chance to use your shiny new weapon. You want to try out a new weapon or frame and want to have all the enemies to yourself then play any mission that can be played solo. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HeavyFarms said:

Ugh, so entitled. 

You can build a gun to be customizable, and still be good. 

You don't have to completely min max everything to the point where you drop 6-7 forma on something. But most people probably have done 20x the amount of misssions you have done. 

So when you actually realize people just want to complete the mission, maybe you'll realize why people invest in getting stronger than you. Its so the mission goes by faster. 

(Should somebody tell him why people buy so much forma? Is it so they can get as strong as they want?) 

😐

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NeonNebula9 said:

What does taking long breaks got to do with what OP is talking about?

Read what I quoted.

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO LOW IN MR YET CLAIM TO BE AROUND SINCE 2015!?" .... simple, long breaks from the game.

Also, if it’s something that can’t be done solo then by all means play public, no one here is against that. But don’t be like OP and complain because you didn’t get a chance to use your shiny new weapon. You want to try out a new weapon or frame and want to have all the enemies to yourself then play any mission that can be played solo. 

Completely.

Missing.

The.

Point.

Did you not read the point where I said "being bored to tears joining publics only to see people killing everything in 2 seconds"? This happens even if you bring your best frame and weapons to the match, or you bring unranked crap. Not being able to even shoot anything is fricken boring.

Now, the OP is complaining about wanting to use a new weapon, but the complaint also applies to people who must join a public to get (insert thing here) done that they can't solo and...

Yes, it's boring to be chasing squad markers and picking up loot laying on the floor for the entire mission.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xylia said:

Read what I quoted.

"HOW CAN YOU BE SO LOW IN MR YET CLAIM TO BE AROUND SINCE 2015!?" .... simple, long breaks from the game.

Completely.

Missing.

The.

Point.

Did you not read the point where I said "being bored to tears joining publics only to see people killing everything in 2 seconds"? This happens even if you bring your best frame and weapons to the match, or you bring unranked crap. Not being able to even shoot anything is fricken boring.

Now, the OP is complaining about wanting to use a new weapon, but the complaint also applies to people who must join a public to get (insert thing here) done that they can't solo and...

Yes, it's boring to be chasing squad markers and picking up loot laying on the floor for the entire mission.

Dude, your reasons may be different, but your experience seems the same, so I’m just going to like this because I feel like I’m going insane with all the gaslighting that people are doing to try and make themselves not seem like a problem

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Xylia said:

Like me.

Like, um, Voidrig?

You will get overtaken by powercreep if you take long breaks from a game that is constantly changing. What seems ridiculously OP may just be the new baseline if you have missed multiple big updates. 

Steel path has been out for like 3 and a half years and Voidrig came out just after SP was released. If you are that far behind you have a lot of catching up to do because WF is not the same game you played back then.  It's just going to take time to learn what WF has become and farm what is now "required" in new content. 

You can't expect to come back after that long and pick up where you left off. Of course you are going to underperform in pubs since everyone else has progressed and adapted to the game WF is now and you are using what worked years ago.

Edited by Berzerkules
  • Like 3

hace 27 minutos, Xylia dijo:

Like, um, Voidrig?

what mission is this? When it comes to isolation vaults, the only complicated thing about voidrigs is shooting the weak point on their back, but they recently changed their design and now you can kill them by emptying the magazine on them.

6 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

You will get overtaken by powercreep if you take long breaks from a game that is constantly changing. What seems ridiculously OP may just be the new baseline if you have missed multiple big updates. 

Steel path has been out for like 3 and a half years and Voidrig came out just after SP was released. If you are that far behind you have a lot of catching up to do because WF is not the same game you played back then.  It's just going to take time to learn what WF has become and farm what is now "required" in new content. 

You can't expect to come back after that long and pick up where you left off. Everyone else has progressed and adapted to the game WF is now.

Yeah, and what about new players?

Same thing.

They bring their Rank 2 Excaliburs with their Rank 3 MK1 Bratons into missions they can't solo and look, they can't shoot anything either.

They go from the fun AF intro to... chasing squad markers and picking up loot for dozens of hours until they can be useful in a match.

I don't understand how somebody can defend this kind of game design, to be quite honest.

Yes, I KNOW that I've been away.

I KNOW that power creep happens.

But Warframe does absolutely nothing to help or mitigate this.

It forces me to group up, and forces me to group up with entirely random players. No matchmaking options, no "please only put me with similarly powered players" no "no Steel Path+ geared players" no "adjust my power level to be similar to theirs" no "adjust their power level so that they don't kill everything in 2 seconds", none of that.

EDIT: Heck, even go the FFXIV route and let us use a group of spectres would be better than nothing, just make it so the spectres can't do much of anything in Endgame content, or make them not usable at all in such content.

Just... running after people and picking up loot. So awesome. Such fun.

4 minutes ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

what mission is this? When it comes to isolation vaults, the only complicated thing about voidrigs is shooting the weak point on their back, but they recently changed their design and now you can kill them by emptying the magazine on them.

Every single bounty I've tried to run (which you MUST do to earn the reputation for the various blueprints and junk needed to make Voidrig), added a Defense objective in the middle of the bounty.

Said Defense objective had very low health and shields and enemies spawned in by the dozens. It was just simply not feasible to kill them all before the defense target died.

Edited by Xylia
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Xylia said:

Read what I quoted.

Definitely not what I meant when I said it’s hard to believe OP has been playing since 2015. I don’t know why you’re using quotation marks as though it’s something I really said. I was referring to the post in general, the points and the reason OP is complaining about. Not referring to their MR at all. I know there are a lot of long time players that don’t care about MR. Nothing wrong with that. 

18 minutes ago, Xylia said:

Completely.

Missing.

The.

Point.

I’m not missing the point. Maybe move around more and just accept the fact that sometimes you will play with players that kill faster than you. 

Edited by NeonNebula9
more clarification
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NeonNebula9 said:

I’m not missing the point. Maybe move around more and just accept the fact that sometimes you will play with players that kill faster than you. 

"Kill faster than you"

lol

You mean, they run through the level and everything just dies in a fraction of a second before you can even get your crosshairs on it. A few missions I've run, they'd instantly take off like a bullet and 2 seconds later, I see like 8+ affinity numbers pop up on my screen in the next room... and by the time I get to that room, the next room is dead in an instant. And the room after that.

Now, some respawns in such might spawn in, but you can't stop to fight them or you start missing out on affinity from their kills.

And like 3-5 minutes later

"Get to the objective. Players waiting for you: 3"

Yay, such fun. I don't even get time to pick up loot, mad dash to the end before automatic extraction.

Edited by Xylia
  • Like 1

Just now, Xylia said:

Yeah, and what about new players?

Same thing.

They bring their Rank 2 Excaliburs with their Rank 3 MK1 Bratons into missions they can't solo and look, they can't shoot anything either.

They go from the fun AF intro to... chasing squad markers and picking up loot for dozens of hours until they can be useful in a match.

I don't understand how somebody can defend this kind of game design, to be quite honest.

Yes, I KNOW that I've been away.

I KNOW that power creep happens.

But Warframe does absolutely nothing to help or mitigate this.

It forces me to group up, and forces me to group up with entirely random players. No matchmaking options, no "please only put me with similarly powered players" no "no Steel Path+ geared players" no "adjust my power level to be similar to theirs" no "adjust their power level so that they don't kill everything in 2 seconds", none of that.

Just... running after people and picking up loot. So awesome. Such fun.

I liked being a low MR player seeing the carnage of higher MR players. I saw what was possible and wanted to progress. I put in a bunch of time, farmed a bunch of stuff and learned the game. 

You can either complain that you can't keep up anymore or adapt. The choice is yours because this game is still going to move forward with or without you. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

You can either complain that you can't keep up anymore or adapt. The choice is yours because this game is still going to move forward with or without you. 

Yeah, let's not talk about how to make the game actually fun and playable, let's just continue the status quo and not improve anything at all.

Not everybody likes to watch everybody else show off for hours. Some people don't like feeling useless in a match because everybody else is so ludicrously overpowered.

Honestly, I don't see how you can find it fun to watch while everybody else gets to have fun, because, you know, you don't have to log into the game to do that. You can just watch somebody on Youtube playing. At least then, you can actually SEE what is going on, and not just see numbers popping up in the next room from the affinity from their kills.

EDIT: And "just adapt" ... you mean "spend dozens, probably hundreds of hours grinding to get up to that point while being bored to tears watching everybody else play and have fun" ...

You act like all you have to do is snap your fingers, learn a few things, and bam you can be OP just like them. lol. Okay. Not like you don't have to clear out the entire star chart, get all this other crap done, before you can even start building something you could call a competent arsenal that would let you keep up.

Edited by Xylia
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I liked being a low MR player seeing the carnage of higher MR players. I saw what was possible and wanted to progress. I put in a bunch of time, farmed a bunch of stuff and learned the game. 

This was exactly my experience. I loved seeing how powerful I could eventually become, and now I'm that powerful, and it is fun.

• Like 4

hace 10 minutos, Xylia dijo:

Every single bounty I've tried to run (which you MUST do to earn the reputation for the various blueprints and junk needed to make Voidrig), added a Defense objective in the middle of the bounty.

Said Defense objective had very low health and shields and enemies spawned in by the dozens. It was just simply not feasible to kill them all before the defense target died.

Yes, it has happened to me several times where I have lost some of those missions because the target keeps losing health despite there being no enemy on the radar.

1 minute ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

This was exactly my experience. I loved seeing how powerful I could eventually become, and now I'm that powerful, and it is fun.

And what, praytell, is the difference between entering a mission and watching affinity numbers pop up in the next room, and watching someone play on youtube? lol

That's not "playing" the game. The game lures you in by giving you this nice fun intro and then for the next God-knows-how-many-hours, you're asked to clear the whole star chart, get a necramech, a railjack, blah blah blah before you can even start on the path to getting stuff that lets you even remotely keep up.

I wanna log onto Warframe, and actually get to play Warframe and not watch everybody else play, wishing I could actually have some fun, too.

8 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

3 minutes ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

Well no wonder you have no problem with making people sit around, you think that they get the same thing out of it as you did

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xylia said:

EDIT: And "just adapt" ... you mean "spend dozens, probably hundreds of hours grinding to get up to that point while being bored to tears watching everybody else play and have fun" ...

You act like all you have to do is snap your fingers, learn a few things, and bam you can be OP just like them. lol. Okay. Not like you don't have to clear out the entire star chart, get all this other crap done, before you can even start building something you could call a competent arsenal that would let you keep up.

1 minute ago, Xylia said:

That's not "playing" the game. The game lures you in by giving you this nice fun intro and then for the next God-knows-how-many-hours, you're asked to clear the whole star chart, get a necramech, a railjack, blah blah blah before you can even start on the path to getting stuff that lets you even remotely keep up.

Maybe Warframe is just not for you?

• Like 3

And what, praytell, is the difference between entering a mission and watching affinity numbers pop up in the next room, and watching someone play on youtube? lol

I wanna log onto Warframe, and actually get to play Warframe and not watch everybody else play, wishing I could actually have some fun, too.

I played most of my first year solo, except missions like Interception and assassination missions against bosses that my guns couldn't scratch. When I first met Tyl Regor, he couldn't kill me, and I couldn't scratch him... it was a stalemate for 30 minutes, until I aborted, went public, and by the time I had put up my snow globe (which I was using to slow him down in my solo runs), he was already dead, and there was a fantastic green extraction marker that I ran toward.

My fun came from my solo play. My progress with public groups was entirely focused on success in the mission, and I couldn't care less how that happened.

• Like 3

Just now, NeonNebula9 said:

Maybe Warframe is just not for you?

It's fun when you can actually shoot crap, and actually PLAY the game.

It's not fun when all you get to do is watch everybody else kill crap before you can even do anything.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Why is it so hard for you to understand that newer players, and lower ranked players would like to actually be able to do something in a match that they are forced to go public for, because it's too difficult to solo?

I'm just.... I don't know what to say to people who think that sitting around watching everybody else play is somehow "THE Warframe Experience" and if you don't like that, then "Warframe is not for you" ....

That has to be the most braindead response I have ever read.

• Like 3

Oh. Just go solo. Didn’t you know that once you make a high-level build, the components are superglued in and there’s simply nothing that a poor veteran can do about it?

Perpetually built for way higher content makes for some pretty poor soloing for most of the game once the novelty wears off, and personally I keep it in the back pocket until I want to do it again when I feel like it and always in solo so as to be the least disruptive, but yeah. Those mods are stuck in there permanently in a game where power literally costs slots and capacity, such a shame

• Like 1

Just now, Merkranire said:

Oh. Just go solo. Didn’t you know that once you make a high-level build, the components are superglued in and there’s simply nothing that a poor veteran can do about it?

Perpetually built for way higher content makes for some pretty poor soloing for most of the game once the novelty wears off, and personally I keep it in the back pocket until I want to do it again when I feel like it and always in solo so as to be the least disruptive, but yeah. Those mods are stuck in there permanently in a game where power literally costs slots and capacity, such a shame

I just want them to make all the stuff required before you can begin Steel path to be more easily soloable so I don't have to put up with this kind of crap happening in public matches.

If people wanna show off in publics, fine.

But give me a way to avoid it that's actually feasible and don't force me to spend plat to skip gameplay.

7 minutes ago, Xylia said:

It's fun when you can actually shoot crap, and actually PLAY the game.

It's not fun when all you get to do is watch everybody else kill crap before you can even do anything.

Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Why is it so hard for you to understand that newer players, and lower ranked players would like to actually be able to do something in a match that they are forced to go public for, because it's too difficult to solo?

I'm just.... I don't know what to say to people who think that sitting around watching everybody else play is somehow "THE Warframe Experience" and if you don't like that, then "Warframe is not for you" ....

That has to be the most braindead response I have ever read.

Dude you were complaining about the gameplay. “I have to complete the whole star chart, I have to get a necramech, a railjack, I have to get all this other crap done”. So what’s braindead about my response when I quoted you saying that and responded with maybe Warframe is not for you? 

Edited by NeonNebula9
  • Like 2

Dude you are now complaining about the gameplay. “I have to complete the whole star chart, I have to get a necramech, a railjack, I have to get all this other crap done”. So what’s braindead about my response when I quoted you and said maybe Warframe is not for you? 

I wouldn't mind doing that stuff if it were more feasible to solo it without being forced to go public.

Why is THAT so hard for you to understand?

The thread is literally about people not having fun in public matches.

You can't have fun in public matches because everything just dies in seconds and you don't get time to do anything because everybody else is leagues ahead of you.

Your response: "OK then go gear up"

To do that, you need stuff you can't feasibly solo.

Which....

Forces you into public matches. Which aren't fun.

It's an infinite loop/vicious circle of not having fun.

"Can't have fun in public because I need gear."

"Can't get said gear solo, so I have to go public."

Edited by Xylia