Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Soul Punch to remove Nekros shadow (QoL)

Yual

Please allow Nekros to remove his own units with his first ability (Soul Punch) by pressing the ability again or holding it.

and if it's possible, make them explode with an aoe

It would make more sense for the master of the death himself who's able to raise the death to also be able to send them back.

Thank you

• Like 7

I was literally thinking about this yesterday when I realised I was constantly subsuming over [Soul Punch] as, while it can let you choose your shadows, doing so slows down your KPS, so getting rid of unwanted shadows would let you gradually fill your Shadow allies with units of your own choosing.

Hold-Cast this ability while targeting a summoned Shadow to return their soul to the realm of death, dealing (25/50/75/100)% of their remaining health as Puncture Damage with a 300% Status Chance to all enemies within (4/5/7/10) meters.

This is a quick idea of how I pictured it, which sounds a lot like how you pictured it.

Augment: Soul Protection

Soul Punch Augment: When dismissing a shadow, all remaining shadows and all allies within the radial wave gain (10/20/30/40)% Damage Reduction for (8/10/14/20) seconds.

And this is just there because Damage Reduction usually helps a lot, especially since the Shadows constantly take damage anyway. Plus, this would give you a reason to cycle through your shadows as well, and hopefully bring a more interactive playstyle.

Edited by MarakViri
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
Le 21/01/2024 à 18:19, MarakViri a dit :

I was literally thinking about this yesterday when I realised I was constantly subsuming over [Soul Punch] as, while it can let you choose your shadows, doing so slows down your KPS, so getting rid of unwanted shadows would let you gradually fill your Shadow allies with units of your own choosing.

Hold-Cast this ability while targeting a summoned Shadow to return their soul to the realm of death, dealing (25/50/75/100)% of their remaining health as Puncture Damage with a 300% Status Chance to all enemies within (4/5/7/10) meters.

This is a quick idea of how I pictured it, which sounds a lot like how you pictured it.

Augment: Soul Protection

Soul Punch Augment: When dismissing a shadow, all remaining shadows and all allies within the radial wave gain (10/20/30/40)% Damage Reduction for (8/10/14/20) seconds.

And this is just there because Damage Reduction usually helps a lot, especially since the Shadows constantly take damage anyway. Plus, this would give you a reason to cycle through your shadows as well, and hopefully bring a more interactive playstyle.

I really love the idea for the augment!

Yeah, this.
Maybe trying to find and target a shadow could be a bit too annoying.
Another way to implement this is that simply killing a marked enemy or executing it with this ability would replace your weakest shadow with this enemy. Replaced enemy could still explode, tho you wouldnt really have much of control where this damage is dealt this way. As far as im aware, current version just heals all your shadows when u kill a new marked enemy.

Le 22/03/2024 à 20:12, BoredFinno a dit :

Yeah, this.
Maybe trying to find and target a shadow could be a bit too annoying.
Another way to implement this is that simply killing a marked enemy or executing it with this ability would replace your weakest shadow with this enemy. Replaced enemy could still explode, tho you wouldnt really have much of control where this damage is dealt this way. As far as im aware, current version just heals all your shadows when u kill a new marked enemy.

The problem is that some of the strongest are also the worst shadows you can get. For example shadows of the death prioritize ancient healer over all other units in void mission.

On 2024-03-27 at 1:03 AM, Yual said:

The problem is that some of the strongest are also the worst shadows you can get. For example shadows of the death prioritize ancient healer over all other units in void mission.

I mean, sure, but i cant see how the former solution fixes this. You would still have to recast his 4, which would again prioritize in ur example ancient healers. Unless you'd want to kill a shadow with a soul punch, then soul punch a desired target. which sounds kinda clunky, especially when you consider that you would need to seek out the shadow u dont want to detonate it. I think what i proposed offers a bit more comfort for a tradeoff, which is by no means ideal, but i think better for everyday use.