Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Forced to Extract from endless mission (Oro Works)

Klypto

For some reason the 2 people in the elevator forced the 2 that wanted to stay to to leave.

This has happened to me on this mission node about 4 times in the past 2 days.

Expected:

• The players in the elevator wishing to extract from the mission do so when the timer reaches 0, possibly host migrate
  • Remaining players stay in the mission.

What happened:

• Everyone was forced to extract when the timer reached 0 regardless of if they were in the elevator or not.

This is highly problematic as it wastes a lot of time.  My objective of entering this endless the mission (farm C rotation) cannot be completed if forced to extract early, so the mission becomes a total loss equivalent to a mission abort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Klypto said:

Again

Now, I am not sure if this is working as intended or not.

However, I have to question your decision to continue running this mission with a random Squad
if your goal is to stay a certain number of Rotations and you are aware of this forced extraction deal.

You can recruit a Squad beforehand for this, or run solo.

In my experience Randoms are usually not ever going to stay for longer than the minimum timeframe.

They often don't know or care about ABC rewards, in mission drops, i.e  Hespar blade @ 10%. 

I am convinced that although people can press a button to leave squad and extract in some Zariman missions most will just stand around and force extract everyone.

The thing is and you'll hear it often:

No one in a random squad is obligated to play they way you want them to. So manage your expectations to have exactly none. 

I love the Zariman tilesets personally so I often go with a friend and we will drop a couple of air support charges near the Melica Accolades and do the mission in a way that maximizes our time and optimizes drops. We may open to public but with just two people it makes the difference between a deep run and getting what we came there for where everyone else gets something extra too and timely m 

I am sure you already know that efficiently doing more than one objective in a mission set is sometimes the most effective use of time in a grindy game but this has to be learned and coordinated. 

Most of the time completely random groups are not at all coordinated or efficient. 

I have to agree that the best way to avoid having your time wasted is to organize a group of two or three and work as an invite or friends only squad unless you're willing to deal with random players which may or may not throw the whole mission off. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Now, I am not sure if this is working as intended or not.

However, I have to question your decision to continue running this mission with a random Squad
if your goal is to stay a certain number of Rotations and you are aware of this forced extraction deal.

You can recruit a Squad beforehand for this, or run solo.

I can run it solo easy.  You just Mesa, jump in the air and spin around and the wave is done in like a minute.

At this point I am too annoyed to let this go and not everyone has the ability to do this..

13 hours ago, NeDesitVirtus said:

In my experience Randoms are usually not ever going to stay for longer than the minimum timeframe.

They often don't know or care about ABC rewards, in mission drops, i.e  Hespar blade @ 10%. 

I am convinced that although people can press a button to leave squad and extract in some Zariman missions most will just stand around and force extract everyone.

The thing is and you'll hear it often:

No one in a random squad is obligated to play they way you want them to. So manage your expectations to have exactly none. 

I love the Zariman tilesets personally so I often go with a friend and we will drop a couple of air support charges near the Melica Accolades and do the mission in a way that maximizes our time and optimizes drops. We may open to public but with just two people it makes the difference between a deep run and getting what we came there for where everyone else gets something extra too and timely m 

I am sure you already know that efficiently doing more than one objective in a mission set is sometimes the most effective use of time in a grindy game but this has to be learned and coordinated. 

Most of the time completely random groups are not at all coordinated or efficient. 

I have to agree that the best way to avoid having your time wasted is to organize a group of two or three and work as an invite or friends only squad unless you're willing to deal with random players which may or may not throw the whole mission off. 

Yes, Exactly, which is why endless missions were changed years ago so that any one person can leave without forcing the entire squad to leave or vice versa.

It use to be that if you were the only one in the squad that wanted to leave, you were at the complete mercy of the other players.  There was no option to partial extract no matter how long you waited at the exit.  I once saw a random player stuck in a mission for over 40 minutes because he couldn't leave and it really sucked.

Partial extraction needs to work correctly in both directions.

Zariman took it to another level and was designed so that you can instantly extract when you want to.  Unfortunately this was a bit clunky because the host could also do this which was a bad idea.  Instant host migration.

Right now the host must wait the complete timer to extract on their own.  That is a whole MINUTE to prepare the other clients for a host migration or for the players to get to the exit.   You could go to the exit and back to the objective in oro works about 5-8x in that time span, if someone is not in the elevator by that time they very clearly do not want to leave.

About 50% of the time, it immediately ends the mission and forces everyone to leave even if they don't want to.  This is wrong. 

The not-bugged action in the other half is the host extracts, a host migration starts and then the game resumes where it left off.  This is correct.

The bug report still stands.

• Like 1

On 2024-02-12 at 10:24 PM, Klypto said:

I can run it solo easy.  You just Mesa, jump in the air and spin around and the wave is done in like a minute.

At this point I am too annoyed to let this go and not everyone has the ability to do this..

Yes, Exactly, which is why endless missions were changed years ago so that any one person can leave without forcing the entire squad to leave or vice versa.

It use to be that if you were the only one in the squad that wanted to leave, you were at the complete mercy of the other players.  There was no option to partial extract no matter how long you waited at the exit.  I once saw a random player stuck in a mission for over 40 minutes because he couldn't leave and it really sucked.

Partial extraction needs to work correctly in both directions.

Zariman took it to another level and was designed so that you can instantly extract when you want to.  Unfortunately this was a bit clunky because the host could also do this which was a bad idea.  Instant host migration.

Right now the host must wait the complete timer to extract on their own.  That is a whole MINUTE to prepare the other clients for a host migration or for the players to get to the exit.   You could go to the exit and back to the objective in oro works about 5-8x in that time span, if someone is not in the elevator by that time they very clearly do not want to leave.

About 50% of the time, it immediately ends the mission and forces everyone to leave even if they don't want to.  This is wrong. 

The not-bugged action in the other half is the host extracts, a host migration starts and then the game resumes where it left off.  This is correct.

The bug report still stands.

everything said here.. i started farming the Hespar blade today and it has been the singular worst experience i have had since returning to warframe.. this is BAD. I just had a mission where i was solo to 4 because the HOST ALONE extracted and the rest of us who were planning to remain were not regrouped in the same session.

i have gone to 8 in this mission and its clearly not made for one person, often enemies are going straight to the relic when the angel is up from the oppsite side of the map and while i can kill the angel almost instantly having to see damage happening because no one else is around and i didnt summon a spector army to protect the relic is annoying.. the turrets duration is so bad and they often just sit there not shooting even when enemies are right next to them so those are useless.

Access the node directly, either via star chart or via the elevator. If you take the mission as a bounty from Quinn, people are going to leave as soon as the bounty requirements are met (because that's what bounties are for), and it'll pull you along with because the mission is complete.

1 hour ago, Hypertion said:

i have gone to 8 in this mission and its clearly not made for one person, often enemies are going straight to the relic when the angel is up from the oppsite side of the map and while i can kill the angel almost instantly having to see damage happening because no one else is around and i didnt summon a spector army to protect the relic is annoying.. the turrets duration is so bad and they often just sit there not shooting even when enemies are right next to them so those are useless.

The mission is actually easier to do while solo in a lot of ways, especially if you're not on Steel Path. There's no need to use specters (although there's also no reason not to use them if you have them). The turrets last for two minutes, more than enough time to clear an entire wave and then some. It's better to clear the fodder and then deal with the Angel, as generally the Angel will take a long time to make its way to the Relic. You can also intentionally leave most of the Exodamper types to be destroyed on the Angel wave, as most of the buffs are weak/irrelevant. This slows down the fodder as they waste time destroying them, giving you breathing room.