The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Absurd Foundry Time, Make Forma Blueprint Tradable.

Xaif__ONI

Can u guys Reduce the Foundry timer already, Imagine coming back home from work and grind the parts and resources just to get slapped with additional time to craft that thing. For a warframe we gotta wait almost 4 days, it's kindda mad. 
Imo the max time it should take should be 1 hour max for a warframe. You might say just rush it with 50p but don't forget you also need atleast 60 plat for that warframe to unlock it's full potential (Like Exilus slot, warframe slot & Orokin)
Same goes for other stuffs as well. Specially Forma, Normally people would do 3-5 forma on average just to test out a gun/ warframe etc. I am not asking you to reduce the price it takes to buy it from market just reduce the time to 10 minutes to craft a forma, Also It would be nice if people could trade forma blueprint, if that's not possible then while doing a solo relic run if people get a bronze item from that relic give them a option to choose a forma blueprint instead of that (If that relic have one). I get it that you don't want people to rush the game but it also kinda ruins the fun. add more content if necessary but please reduce the time and see if you can do anything about forma and other regular useful stuffs. 

How on earth do you spend your day if the time to bulid a warframe is to long?

For me its fine. 

I'm at work for 8-10 hours a day  =  24-30 hours

Sleep 7-8 hours a day = 21-24 hours

so just there i'm passing 2 days of just the final build stage of a Warframe where i can't even be logged in to the game.  

As for Forma - well they did reduce the build time.  

RHN4rgF.png

59 minutes ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

For me its fine. 

Maybe it's fun for you, or you're used to it, I'm not saying this is worst, but would it hurt if they reduce it ? I don't know what you're upset about it sound like you are but imagine you're on a offday and want to play something new like a new frame, then you see you have to wait till another some times to play with that frame. Players who are a bit advanced into the game won't find it much of an issue but think of it from a new player perspective. Just because it's fun for you cause you know just rush it with plat or you manage to match it with your time, doesn't mean it's fun for others as well. Sure keeping it as it is doesn't sound bad but can u also explain why are you against it ? 

2 minutes ago, Xaif__ONI said:

Maybe it's fun for you, or you're used to it, I'm not saying this is worst, but would it hurt if they reduce it ? I don't know what you're upset about it sound like you are but imagine you're on a offday and want to play something new like a new frame, then you see you have to wait till another some times to play with that frame. Players who are a bit advanced into the game won't find it much of an issue but think of it from a new player perspective. Just because it's fun for you cause you know just rush it with plat or you manage to match it with your time, doesn't mean it's fun for others as well. Sure keeping it as it is doesn't sound bad but can u also explain why are you against it ? 

Uh lets see.  

Oh every thing builds in a hour or less = market sales of weapons/warframe/forma bundle etc. for plat die out. 

Market plat sales die out = reduced plat sales over all

reduced plat sales = decreased income for DE

Do i really need to explain it more clearly that?

2 minutes ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Uh lets see.  

Oh every thing builds in a hour or less = market sales of weapons/warframe/forma bundle etc. for plat die out. 

I don't know what are you so edgy about but I get the part about forma, but how does reducing time effect the market price for other items? 

4 hours ago, Xaif__ONI said:

Same goes for other stuffs as well. Specially Forma, Normally people would do 3-5 forma on average just to test out a gun/ warframe etc. I

Just to test? On average? Hahahahhaaaaa... are you serious? Hahahhaha.

Most of the time I don't put anything on weapon just to test. 3-5 forma is on finished products. Frame... maybe few forma but still not too much. You can still get a lot from maxed (rank 30) frame.

if that's not possible then while doing a solo relic run if people get a bronze item from that relic give them a option to choose a forma blueprint instead of that (If that relic have one)

They should remove forma. Honestly I'm not doing void fissure and I'm sitting on 40ish forma. Just put decent prime parts so we can sell & buy forma later.

For a warframe we gotta wait almost 4 days, it's kindda mad. 

To be honest 4 days is just not issue for me when I've been working. I log daily (more or less), build something and log out. Then I do something else. I can as well buy whole frames (that I used to).

The issue is that we cannot just build whole frame (or similar gear) at one go. We just have to log in and build parts. I wish we can build whole stuff at one go, even it would takes more time or something.

5 hours ago, Xaif__ONI said:

1 hour max for a warframe

To be honest, contrary to "basic logic" it would be bad for me. Now I can just slap Day+ resource and log in at right day. With 4 hours (for example) I would either login multiple times OR pay to skip.

3 hours ago, Xaif__ONI said:
3 hours ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Uh lets see.  

I don't know what are you so edgy about but I get the part about forma, but how does reducing time effect the market price for other items? 

What's so edgy about it is beyond my understanding.

So you, e.g. build 6 forma per hour. That's enough for 1 frame. Why would you buy formas if you can just build them?

Free to play, pay to speed. Sounds fair to me. Nothing wrong with taking it slow. Unless you're already leg 3 and bored to death because you're burnt out of all the content in this game, I think the craft times are the LEAST of your worries, considering everything that has a daily cap, syndicates, sorties, steel path dailies, even if you do them all efficiently, you still end up playing a lot, so if you're also doing things like the circuit, invasions, you still have stuff to do, not to mention hunting for specific things like mods or arcanes.

It's not the end of the world if your rev prime doesn't have 100 formas yet.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-22 at 1:11 AM, Xaif__ONI said:

Can u guys Reduce the Foundry timer already, Imagine coming back home from work and grind the parts and resources just to get slapped with additional time to craft that thing. For a warframe we gotta wait almost 4 days, it's kindda mad. 
Imo the max time it should take should be 1 hour max for a warframe. You might say just rush it with 50p but don't forget you also need atleast 60 plat for that warframe to unlock it's full potential (Like Exilus slot, warframe slot & Orokin)
Same goes for other stuffs as well. Specially Forma, Normally people would do 3-5 forma on average just to test out a gun/ warframe etc. I am not asking you to reduce the price it takes to buy it from market just reduce the time to 10 minutes to craft a forma, Also It would be nice if people could trade forma blueprint, if that's not possible then while doing a solo relic run if people get a bronze item from that relic give them a option to choose a forma blueprint instead of that (If that relic have one). I get it that you don't want people to rush the game but it also kinda ruins the fun. add more content if necessary but please reduce the time and see if you can do anything about forma and other regular useful stuffs. 

On 2024-01-22 at 2:17 AM, Jorak_Falconstar said:

For me its fine. 

I'm at work for 8-10 hours a day  =  24-30 hours

Sleep 7-8 hours a day = 21-24 hours

so just there i'm passing 2 days of just the final build stage of a Warframe where i can't even be logged in to the game.  

As for Forma - well they did reduce the build time.  

RHN4rgF.png

On 2024-01-22 at 2:18 AM, (PSN)Sentiel said:

DE also did this for all other Forms types and also for Adapters, Catalysts, and Reactors.

A very nice QoL change.

On 2024-01-22 at 3:29 AM, Xaif__ONI said:

On 2024-01-22 at 3:33 AM, Jorak_Falconstar said:

Uh lets see.  

Market plat sales die out = reduced plat sales over all

reduced plat sales = decreased income for DE

Do i really need to explain it more clearly that?

On 2024-01-22 at 6:50 AM, quxier said:

Just to test? On average? Hahahahhaaaaa... are you serious? Hahahhaha.

Most of the time I don't put anything on weapon just to test. 3-5 forma is on finished products. Frame... maybe few forma but still not too much. You can still get a lot from maxed (rank 30) frame.

They should remove forma. Honestly I'm not doing void fissure and I'm sitting on 40ish forma. Just put decent prime parts so we can sell & buy forma later.

To be honest 4 days is just not issue for me when I've been working. I log daily (more or less), build something and log out. Then I do something else. I can as well buy whole frames (that I used to).

The issue is that we cannot just build whole frame (or similar gear) at one go. We just have to log in and build parts. I wish we can build whole stuff at one go, even it would takes more time or something.

To be honest, contrary to "basic logic" it would be bad for me. Now I can just slap Day+ resource and log in at right day. With 4 hours (for example) I would either login multiple times OR pay to skip.

What's so edgy about it is beyond my understanding.

So you, e.g. build 6 forma per hour. That's enough for 1 frame. Why would you buy formas if you can just build them?

On 2024-01-22 at 9:58 AM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

Free to play, pay to speed. Sounds fair to me. Nothing wrong with taking it slow. Unless you're already leg 3 and bored to death because you're burnt out of all the content in this game, I think the craft times are the LEAST of your worries, considering everything that has a daily cap, syndicates, sorties, steel path dailies, even if you do them all efficiently, you still end up playing a lot, so if you're also doing things like the circuit, invasions, you still have stuff to do, not to mention hunting for specific things like mods or arcanes.

It's not the end of the world if your rev prime doesn't have 100 formas yet.

I'm just going to throw my criticism at the end here, I see the arguement here for everyone, however... IF DE were to reduce the times, they would have less player retention between updates than they already do.
Regarding the "Time to Build" Forma and upgrade consumables, I "mostly" agree with reduction, However, I believe the formulae for calculating platinum to speed up cost need rework more than build-time. Currently the Parts for warframes are 25p to speed up each, then 50 for the final result instantly. This does not reduce until at least halfway through. I think that it should be "Platinum/Hour" speed up ratio to start the equation, instead. Currently the speed up price is akin to how much the frame actually costs in the Orbiter-DE market.
For example, adjusting it to be 5p/1hour for not essential blueprints. Forma, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Onions, and the like really are due for that rebalance, regardless. For later game players, we need a 10x forma bp that we can use 10 normal forma bps plus the resources for bulk convenience, however, DE is unlikely to add this as forma is a monetization item that brings in too much.

Now, the foundry does potentially need an upgrade segment to be able to manually queue multiple items, which would be a Playerbase-Friendly way to produce results.

47 minutes ago, OracleHisty said:

I'm just going to throw my criticism at the end here, I see the arguement here for everyone, however... IF DE were to reduce the times, they would have less player retention between updates than they already do.
Regarding the "Time to Build" Forma and upgrade consumables, I "mostly" agree with reduction, However, I believe the formulae for calculating platinum to speed up cost need rework more than build-time. Currently the Parts for warframes are 25p to speed up each, then 50 for the final result instantly. This does not reduce until at least halfway through. I think that it should be "Platinum/Hour" speed up ratio to start the equation, instead. Currently the speed up price is akin to how much the frame actually costs in the Orbiter-DE market.
For example, adjusting it to be 5p/1hour for not essential blueprints. Forma, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Onions, and the like really are due for that rebalance, regardless. For later game players, we need a 10x forma bp that we can use 10 normal forma bps plus the resources for bulk convenience, however, DE is unlikely to add this as forma is a monetization item that brings in too much.

Now, the foundry does potentially need an upgrade segment to be able to manually queue multiple items, which would be a Playerbase-Friendly way to produce results.

I guarantee you the crafting time of forma is not a player retention related feature. It's a platinum related feature.

The crafting time of forma. and most other things in the game for that matter, have absolutely 0 positive affect on player retention.

Hell if crafting times and time gates were overall lower I bet they'd have much higher player retention because substantially less people would quit the game over timers. There's thousands of hours worth of grind in the game, the vast majority of players would quit far before doing everything time gates or no. They might stick around longer than they would have if progressing didn't slap a timer in their face ever 5 minutes. But then DE would just be getting less money and more server activity.

They don't care about overall player retention. What they care about is specifically "paying" player retention. Crafting times are one of the many things that filter out the free players DE doesn't want hogging their server bandwidth.

And I say this as one of those free players.

Edited by PollexMessier