Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fissure missions. Consequences.

Aborting a fissure mission should have consequences.  Every time a new prime is released, you have leeches who just start fissures, check what relics others are running, then abort when its not one of the new ones.  
Aborting a fissure should have consequences like consuming 50 or 100 void traces or something. 

Now sure, this will have other problems like what happens when your premade squad gets broken due to matchmaking/host migration issues and you want to abort because 1 person got disconnected on a rad share run.. but that is less common, and you still have the choice to run finish the mission.

i-VGQJjgK.gif

Bring on the pitchforks, but i consider this type of relic "farming" one of the worst forms of leeching.

The problem is that they can't implement any unforgiving punishment for as long as Host Migrations, gamebreaking bugs (& so on) exist.

There was a time the relic was consumed even if you didn't get all the reactants - guess what ? pitchforks

35 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Maybe just hide what relics people have till the reward screen.

Would be problematic for premade - no way to check whether the guys in your team are indeed using rad relics

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

Aborting a fissure mission should have consequences.  Every time a new prime is released, you have leeches who just start fissures, check what relics others are running, then abort when its not one of the new ones.  

I'm confused how this affects you as a player running relics - someone else will immediately fill the spot.

Case and point - yesterday the game had a spot-loading fiasco and froze me on the loading screen for 13s, which caused it to time out to the host and force disconnect me from an Axi relic mission. Someone else immediately joined and I was unable to reconnect.

If people want to waste their time loading and leaving missions instantly that's their prerogative - I'm still getting rewards from my own relic and others who stay in the missions regardless. I don't think this is a large enough issue to worry about punishing players for, they're not griefing or intentionally ruining your experience in an impactful or meaningful way.

7 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

1) often they are the host, forcing a host migration

Barring any technical issues (which is mostly on DE to resolve), these take like 5 - 7s. Unless it's repeat migrations over and over, which I've only had maybe once in 10+ years in an open world mission, this is more of a slight inconvenience more than anything impactful. At most it would add a minute extra to every 5 or 6 missions, assuming it happens on every single one of them (which isn't the case in my experience).

9 minutes ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

2) they take a spot that frequently does NOT get filled. 

I'm genuinely unsure how this is true - every public relic I've run has always had a full squad fill (with the 20s captures being an exception, since it bars joins after completion), even if someone leaves. There's only so many void relic missions at a time and the entire player base shares them, so the matchmaking pool for them is huge. They're some of the most run missions, so unless you're playing with a region outside of your own set or something bizarre they should fill almost instantly. Just last night there were 12 eligible sessions for an Axi relic I ran at time of join, according to the matchmaking service, and it wasn't even during peak hours in my timezone / region or anything.

• Like 1

On 2024-01-22 at 3:14 PM, Chewarette said:

Would be problematic for premade - no way to check whether the guys in your team are indeed using rad relics

Sure, but i doubt that people joining a pre-made without the correct relic is a bigger problem than people disconnecting for legitimate reasons and then being punished for it.

• Like 1