Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

can we please drop the requirement of a 100% perfect extractor?

ok look. i accedentally went into a steel path extraction mission. and i have to ask this since its still there. can we please just drop the requirement to have one successful extractor? if you aren't thinking or considering it. i dare you to do this solo, with chroma. no funny he ha crowd control. and with no aoe or any of the meta or good picks. see what it is like.

hmm. i mean, yeah may as well, seeing as Alerts and such already do that.

however, another angle can be that.... normal Excavations don't scale to Mission Level, even though all newer types of Excavations do.
so like, updating that could also address that too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

i dare you to do this solo, with chroma. no funny he ha crowd control. and with no aoe or any of the meta or good picks. see what it is like.

Got a bit inattentive towards the end on the first Excavator, second one survived fine.

Used a Rattleguts Secondary, I hope that's not too "meta" for you?

Anyway, you ran a "hard mode" mission, completely unprepared, and you expected the game to still just hand you a win?

I do not agree that's the way this should have gone instead.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, taiiat said:

hmm. i mean, yeah may as well, seeing as Alerts and such already do that.

however, another angle can be that.... normal Excavations don't scale to Mission Level, even though all newer types of Excavations do.
so like, updating that could also address that too.

The fact that Excavators instantly go up in a puff of smoke at high levels is mind-boggling. Surely it can't be that hard to fix?

But yeah, there's a puzzling tendency in Warframe not to update older missions when improvements are introduced in newer versions of the missions. For example, Railjack Volatile missions are an insta-fail if the pressure goes over a certain point, which is ridiculously punishing considering how hectic it gets. This was sensibly dropped for the Labs' Alchemy mission, but to my knowledge, remains in the Railjack version.  

There's also Mirror Defense missions' objectives of surviving for a given amount of time, which is such an improvement from regular Defense missions becoming Where's Waldo The Enemy Stuck on Geometry. 

By and large, older content feels utterly abandoned, which is particularly problematic when this content is what we have to play 80% of the time. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WeltallZero said:

The fact that Excavators instantly go up in a puff of smoke at high levels is mind-boggling. Surely it can't be that hard to fix?

But yeah, there's a puzzling tendency in Warframe not to update older missions when improvements are introduced in newer versions of the missions. For example, Railjack Volatile missions are an insta-fail if the pressure goes over a certain point, which is ridiculously punishing considering how hectic it gets. This was sensibly dropped for the Labs' Alchemy mission, but to my knowledge, remains in the Railjack version.  

There's also Mirror Defense missions' objectives of surviving for a given amount of time, which is such an improvement from regular Defense missions becoming Where's Waldo The Enemy Stuck on Geometry. 

By and large, older content feels utterly abandoned, which is particularly problematic when this content is what we have to play 80% of the time. 

yeah it's a case where if you decided to do this already elsewhere, then doesn't that mean you decide it's already necessary. heh

i sorta feel like it's appropriate in Volatile, however also appropriate that Alchemy lets it just sit there and hang, since there's Tokens to be looking for so the Player may have a good reason to be ignoring the Objective.
maybe rather than failure, if the thing is totally overheated it just starts to gradually move the Objective backwards in progress or something.

Mirror Defense doesn't address how pretty boring Defense is still anyways, but it's something i guess, yes.