The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross Platform Save Is Live For All Players

[DE]CoreyOnline

42 minutes ago, RX0UnicornGM said:

you're missing what I'm saying ffs I have already connected my two accounts together they are eligible but DE said that merging was not a mandatory thing and I can't post an imgur link either so idk how I can show you a picture of what I'm talking about

Yeah, I don't understand what you're saying because you're saying conflicting things. You said you linked your accounts. Now you're saying they were eligible, which means you would have been able to merge them.

In any case, it doesn't matter. If you completed the process and connected your accounts (either by linking or merging, it doesn't matter), you should have one single account that you can access on all the connected platforms.

Your username will be different on every platform though. But the account itself will be the same (same mastery rank, same items owned, etc.)

Edited by --N--

1 hour ago, --N-- said:

Yeah, I don't understand what you're saying because you're saying conflicting things. You said you linked your accounts. Now you're saying they were eligible, which means you would have been able to merge them.

In any case, it doesn't matter. If you completed the process and connected your accounts (either by linking or merging, it doesn't matter), you should have one single account that you can access on all the connected platforms.

Your username will be different on every platform though. But the account itself will be the same (same mastery rank, same items owned, etc.)

when I log into my switch it's still my switch account MR 1 with nothing lol same with PSN I connected them but not merged because in an older dev stream DE explained that it was not a mandatory thing to be able to use your main account so for me PC on other platforms

6 hours ago, RX0UnicornGM said:

when I log into my switch it's still my switch account MR 1 with nothing lol same with PSN I connected them but not merged because in an older dev stream DE explained that it was not a mandatory thing to be able to use your main account so for me PC on other platforms

Merging is automatic if your accounts are eligible, sounds like your accounts were not eligible then, but regardless, you should see your PC account on Switch and PS.

Are you sure you actually connected them? Does https://www.warframe.com/cross-save say they are connected? Are you logged in to the connected PS and Switch account on your PS and Switch?

15 minutes ago, RX0UnicornGM said:

they are connected it just gives me the option to merge

If it's giving you the option to merge, then you didn't complete the connection.

1 hour ago, RX0UnicornGM said:

Oh so it's forced merge then?

There are two possible ways to connect your accounts.

• Linking: The primary account overwrites every other account, everything on the other accounts is lost.
  • Merging: The primary account overwrites every other account, stuff on the other accounts is transferred to the primary account.

Yes, if your accounts are eligible, you are "forced" to merge them, you cannot link.

Why do you not want to merge your accounts?

10 minutes ago, --N-- said:

There are two possible ways to connect your accounts.

• Linking: The primary account overwrites every other account, everything on the other accounts is lost.
  • Merging: The primary account overwrites every other account, stuff on the other accounts is transferred to the primary account.

Yes, if your accounts are eligible, you are "forced" to merge them, you cannot link.

Why do you not want to merge your accounts?

again just how DE explained it it was not going to be forced merge it was an optional thing well time for me to merge my accounts

2 minutes ago, RX0UnicornGM said:

again just how DE explained it it was not going to be forced merge it was an optional thing well time for me to merge my accounts

I don't think they ever said that. What they said was that the merge would not be available to everyone.

Merging is strictly better than linking, so I don't understand why you're complaining about it.

2 minutes ago, --N-- said:

I don't think they ever said that. What they said was that the merge would not be available to everyone.

Merging is strictly better than linking, so I don't understand why you're complaining about it.

lol not complaining was asking about it lol

On 2024-01-31 at 1:33 PM, Eycaj said:

Yeah, except it's not lol

Based on the automated support ticket responses, DE knew this would be a large issue, but the company is more concerned with people potentially duplicating virtual items than they are with assisting veteran players in securing their hundreds of hours of progress on other accounts. You've employed a half-baked system to accomplish a buzz-word marketing goal you haven't put in the effort to make an actual reality.

Don't advertise this as something that it isn't DE. You've made merging available for the individuals who didn't try out your cross-platform system. Meanwhile, all of us who did engage with it did so without knowing it would have significantly greater consequences than rewards. 

You could seek solutions that might be slightly more inconvenient but would be of great assistance to veteran players. Unfortunately, your lack of communication and/or transparency on this matter, as well as false marketing statements like the title of this post, show that the greater part of the company just doesn't care if veteran players are helped.

It's a shame to see your Community Management team being forced to put on blinders and ear muffs to ignore the countless posts of players with ~1-minute playtime console-linked accounts. Instead of expressing compassion, or at least employing some kind of reparation for those you are unwilling to help by employing more strenuous strategies for merging options, you just pretend you don't see them. You withhold a proper explanation, or even just a simple acknowledgment on a Dev Stream because it would notify more of the community of those being screwed over.

I get it. It's just business. It's smart to put your head down and wait for the storm to blow over, as there are plenty of players amongst the crowd of us who sought to come back to the game on the announcement of the merges that will give in, link their accounts, wipe their history with the game from another platform, and grind back everything they can. Why waste the resources on developing a better solution "For all players," when you can just lie and have effectively the same result for less effort? 

Why has this still not been addressed, DE?

• Like 1

• I completely share your sentiments regarding the trading issues after merging accounts in Warframe. It's indeed frustrating when an intended improvement ends up causing more inconvenience.
  • I've also experienced difficulties with cross-platform trading, and the limitations on trading with players who haven't merged their accounts are a significant drawback. It's impacting not only my personal gaming experience but also my ability to assist others effectively.
  • I believe a prompt resolution to this matter, perhaps through a hotfix or an upcoming update, would greatly benefit the entire Warframe community. Let's hope Digital Extremes addresses this concern soon to enhance the collaborative aspects of the game.
  • Thanks for bringing this up, and let's hope for a positive change soon.

1 hour ago, Crackbabyy13 said:
  • I completely share your sentiments regarding the trading issues after merging accounts in Warframe. It's indeed frustrating when an intended improvement ends up causing more inconvenience.
  • I've also experienced difficulties with cross-platform trading, and the limitations on trading with players who haven't merged their accounts are a significant drawback. It's impacting not only my personal gaming experience but also my ability to assist others effectively.
  • I believe a prompt resolution to this matter, perhaps through a hotfix or an upcoming update, would greatly benefit the entire Warframe community. Let's hope Digital Extremes addresses this concern soon to enhance the collaborative aspects of the game.
  • Thanks for bringing this up, and let's hope for a positive change soon.

Yeah, sorry, that's not happening soon: https://youtu.be/cZr9a-6PH2c?t=444

• 2 weeks later...

Im trying to link my pc account with my apple id account, but instead they get linked, I got logged on my apple id account, so lets try to link again, this time apple to pc and now i get logged on my pc account instead to get linked accounts.
And Im got stucked on this infinite cycle.

41 minutes ago, leosantoslessa said:

Im trying to link my pc account with my apple id account, but instead they get linked, I got logged on my apple id account, so lets try to link again, this time apple to pc and now i get logged on my pc account instead to get linked accounts.
And Im got stucked on this infinite cycle.

I'm having the same issue. Looks like IOS linking is broken.

• 1 month later...
  • [DE]Zach unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Question regarding purchases with cash after merging.

I have recently linked my PC and my Nintendo Switch account.

My Switch account is set as my primary. However, if want to purchase plats/prime access in the future, can i make the purchase via PC log in and will the items be transferred to my Switch account automatically since it's merged? 

Reason being, purchasing via my PC account will be based on my local currency and there are discounts available for prime access compared to direct purchase via switch. So i would prefer purchasing via PC as long as my transactions are safe.  

• 3 months later...