Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

are we ever getting Infested Liches ?

(PSN)SlyFox5679

every time people comment in a stream about the same thing in mass amounts DE on stream do not comment on that topic at all for some reason.

is it because that's what they are currently working on and its hush-hush or they are not working on it ? 

like every stream i'm in like a ton of people post about Infested Liches and nobody at DE comments about it at all.

I'm just really confused how so many years have gone by since we had kuva liches and sisters released and DE never mentioned anything about it.

honestly hunting these things has been one of the most fun things to do but i've gotten bored of the current ones.

• Like 4

I don't think they're doing infested Liches. I don't think the concept works very well since the Infested don't have a lot of named characters. I'd rather see a different type of system, maybe an 8 person two-squad gamemode like was promised with the initial Railjack launch, to acquire the new infested weapon variants, which is I'd imagine most of the reason for the desire for Infested Liches. I'd be much more interested in Murmur/Corrupted Liches - I think Murmurized versions of currently underplayed weapons (Daikyu, Argonak, Jat Kittag, etc) would be very cool and it'd be interesting to maybe have Lich Incarnons - some of which could maybe be pure bonus element in their Incarnon Form.

hace 13 horas, Aevire dijo:

I don't think they're doing infested Liches. I don't think the concept works very well since the Infested don't have a lot of named characters. I'd rather see a different type of system, maybe an 8 person two-squad gamemode like was promised with the initial Railjack launch, to acquire the new infested weapon variants, which is I'd imagine most of the reason for the desire for Infested Liches. I'd be much more interested in Murmur/Corrupted Liches - I think Murmurized versions of currently underplayed weapons (Daikyu, Argonak, Jat Kittag, etc) would be very cool and it'd be interesting to maybe have Lich Incarnons - some of which could maybe be pure bonus element in their Incarnon Form.

The idea of corrupt liches is a concept that I don't see any sense in, the corrupt are nothing more than grineers, corpus and infested manipulated by the neural sentinels of the orokin towers, they don't even have their own weapons, they use the same ones as the other factions.

On 2024-01-31 at 11:15 PM, Aevire said:

True this - infested shouldn't really be another Lich you can have around as a servant. What it should be is a bug hunt. You have to go find the big bug lich and kill it, something akin to silver grove type mechanics to find the thralls and then a big showdown somewhere in the depths of Eris or Deimos, maybe a small infested tunnel tileset to go with it for that Alien vibe.

On 2024-01-31 at 1:47 AM, Aldain said:

At this point I'm not sure, feels like they missed that boat for them honestly.

^this.

That grind was insane when those weapons were peak meta.

While some still hold up, most do not.

I can't imagine having to grind out all the kuva weapons now.

While I would love an upgraded Mutalist Cernos or Hema, they would have to battle power creep to be worth it.

I just don't see how that works now.

• Like 1

Don't really want any more Liches personally. The whole loop is super tedious , from getting the right weapon progenitor, figuring out the combination and fighting the Lich, to having the right element and percentage (and fusing duplicates)  ,to getting the rare as hell ephemeras , to adding five stupid formas per weapon to get the mastery rank points... It's a small miracle I even bothered to grab all the existing ones and waste like 120 formas on these... I'm just not doing this stuff again.

Doesn't help that Infested is one of the least interesting faction to make liches of, plus the Infested weapons look really terrible and the vast majority are somewhat sub-par and ordinary.

Would rather get new incarnons tbh. At least you don't have to waste formas on these, you don't have to get them for mastery rank and it's overall way less tedious to get the ones you want.

I remember hearing something on a devstream or maybe tennocon that its supposed to be coming this year, but honestly i wouldn't count on it, seems like they've already abandoned the other kuva lichs and sisters.

The chase for these Lich type enemies to me is the fun part and the weapons having different elements on random weapons, incarnons tends to be set and forget you haven't been able to do much with those besides have a build up meter with a overpowered attack that has to be recharged after it gets used up.

the five  forma thing was annoying as hell that is a downside to all lich/sister weapons but i did like farming those weapons a lot more then grinding for relics and prime parts over and over again because at the end you beat the lich/sister and get the completed weapon with no build time just the weapon.

I've hunted i think over 150-160 liches/sisters now and have gotten a lot of ephemera's and have been selling them for plat so i can't complain.

at this point i don't care what the next versions are called if they are narmer or infested i just want new lich/sister/infested/RIVALs to hunt damnit !