Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Cross Platform Save players, log out before attempting to resume on a different platform

[DE]Momaw

Greetings Tenno!

Due to the influx of players enjoying Cross Platform Save features, we've discovered a problem that you should be aware of if you are playing Warframe on multiple platforms:

In rare cases, if you are attempting to login but you were previously logged in at a different platform, this may temporarily prevent you from being able to login anywhere at all. We will be fixing this problem in our next update, but in the meantime, please be sure to fully log out of the game (including dismissing any dialog boxes) before attempting to sign it at a different platform to avoid issues.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

How do you do this? What menu has the log out option?

I've been playing for years on X1 and I had no idea it was possible.

On PC it's the ESC menu. Presumably it's Start on console, then down at the bottom once you're in your orbiter or at the hobo camp. But perhaps you only have the option to exit the game instead of log out?

21 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:
On 2024-02-04 at 3:16 PM, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

How do you do this? What menu has the log out option?

I've been playing for years on X1 and I had no idea it was possible.

On PC it's the ESC menu. Presumably it's Start on console, then down at the bottom once you're in your orbiter or at the hobo camp. But perhaps you only have the option to exit the game instead of log out?

On X1 you can go home, but the game just tombstones in quick-resume mode. As long as you go back to it within a minute or so it will just resume, after that it just crashes because Warframe doesn't support the Xbox's quick-resume feature and the always-online bit gets out of sync.

Basically, you exit to dashboard and then force quit. The equivalent on PC would be ALT+TAB and then CTRL+ALT+DEL and then kill process.

I don't think that's what they mean here.

Edited by (XBOX)KayAitch
Typo

On 2024-02-05 at 9:34 PM, Hobie-wan said:
On 2024-02-05 at 12:49 PM, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

On X1 you can go home, but the game just tombstones in quick-resume mode.

Looks like there's a way to turn off quick resume on a game by game basis?

Yes, but it just kills the process.

There's no "logout" button on Xbox, there's only kill process.

On PC, the last line of the Menu is "Quit Game".

This line doesn't exist on console (neither PS4/5 nor Switch as far as I could see).

On console you have to go back to the console screen menu, then either close the game from its option or switch to another game.

If you let your console on sleep mode, you won't disconnect.

And I am not sure that closing the game from the console menu is a clean way to log off...

Maybe in the next update DE will introduce a line in the Warframe menu to "Quit Game" or "Logout" or "Go back to Title". Tha twould be more explicit for everybody...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-02-08 at 7:05 PM, Corthephis said:

And I am not sure that closing the game from the console menu is a clean way to log off...

I'm sure it isn't, that's my point.

On 2024-02-09 at 1:38 AM, sam686 said:

While in Warframe game and in orbiter, try: Open menu, Profile, Logout

Is that what you have on PC? 

On Xbox there is no "Logout" option.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Is that what you have on PC? On Xbox there is no "Logout" option.

Its on PC while in orbiter, but not consoles? Other games with cross play have in-game option for logout or return to title option on all platforms.

Cross save games, which only allow 1 logged in device at a time, should ideally have "logout" or "Return to title" for all devices, to make switching to different devices work smoother without seeing the scary warning message with possible loss of rewards, or possibly be kicked to title screen.

34 minutes ago, sam686 said:
4 hours ago, (XBOX)KayAitch said:

Is that what you have on PC? On Xbox there is no "Logout" option.

Its on PC while in orbiter, but not consoles? Other games with cross play have in-game option for logout or return to title option on all platforms

I don't know about Switch or PS5, but on X1 it's not there.

35 minutes ago, sam686 said:

Cross save games, which only allow 1 logged in device at a time, should ideally have "logout" or "Return to title" for all devices,

Yes, even with the old mobile app (where you can access your build queue) I'd just hard kill Warframe on X1. I've been doing that for a decade.

On console (or X1 at least) you're logged in to the device before you can start the game, it always starts already signed in. My XBL account can't have multiple profiles on Warframe (the way you can on PC).

I assumed they'd add something to support cross-save sync points, but I guess not.

On 2024-02-02 at 7:27 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

please be sure to fully log out of the game

OK, so on Xbox there is no "log out" option, anywhere. There is a "Switch Profile" option, but it doesn't take you back to the starting screen (and it still crashes with quick resume). I still need to force quit Warframe.

Please could you (or someone at DE) confirm that "Switch Profile" does whatever profile save and sync process you need for cross save to be stable?

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Yes no logout option on Xbox nor NSwitch nor iOS.

I use Xbox all the time and I ALWAYS go to dashboard and force close. Yet if I go to another platform or the companion app, Warframe says I’m logged in somewhere else. So as far as I can tell there is no clean way to logout from anything except PC and the mobile companion app.

So we’d all love to do this if someone tells us how.

Edited by Gerlon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2024-02-28 at 12:18 AM, Gerlon. said:

Yes no logout option on Xbox nor NSwitch nor iOS.

I use Xbox all the time and I ALWAYS go to dashboard and force close. Yet if I go to another platform or the companion app, Warframe says I’m logged in somewhere else

Same here, but I think "Switch Profile" actually does the same thing - it leaves the game running and quick-resume is still broken, but I think you're logged out.

I could do with someone from DE actually confirming it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-03-18 at 6:15 PM, Gerlon. said:

I doubt DE would confirm this since they don’t even seem to realize it. The original message is written as if they’ve never played on anything but PC

They have, pretty much since the start, had dedicated community managers on Xbox and PS - this is just an internal communication failure (happens all the time). I just need someone who knows how the cross-save works on X1 to confirm that "Switch Profile" == ”Logout" for this specific context.

• Like 1