The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens and Market Trading, Can they be limited to Riven for Rivens?

1 hour ago, Raikh said:

Do you need a room for that? I mean you can just do that via regular trading aswell. Dont think just adding a room specifically for that would motivate people. You'd need a platform to connect people interested in that more than anything else. And so far Dojo Rooms haven't really provided that.

Sometimes it feels that way, at least it was on console before cross-save, it's really hard to find like-minded people that would like to trade. They DO exist, I usually just have to wait in Maroos or spam trade chat for a while. Most people kind of follow everyone else in pricing, if someone manages to sell one for 2000 and it gets out, suddenly that mod is only 2000 and people rarely want to negotiate, usually only wanting platinum (which is understandable, as has been mentioned newer players.

Warframe market also overtakes a lot of prices and once a value is "set" people never really negotiate or if they do the range is barely negligible at times (again haven't checked this recently since it was really bad on console before). It also doesn't have a combined cross save market on it yet I think which really makes it depend on the player you're trading with at times. Yes you can argue do research follow everyone else, but so far following hasn't ever earned me anything, in fact watching trade chat with a filter has always done me better than warframe market ever has. The only exception being rivens which I may use it for later on now that cross save and trade is out.

I will note that maroos does kind of solve the issue, but it still isn't as effective as i'd like it to be.

Edited by SirJackDaReaper

A lot of this really does seem to come down to ineptitude in pricing rivens.

47 minutes ago, SirJackDaReaper said:

Warframe market also overtakes a lot of prices and once a value is "set" people never really negotiate or if they do the range is barely negligible at times (again haven't checked this recently since it was really bad on console before). It also doesn't have a combined cross save market on it yet I think which really makes it depend on the player you're trading with at times. 

warframe.market is an OK place to learn riven pricing but not the best IMO. 

1. As you mention, they don't fold all platforms together yet.
  2. Auction-style pricing is a mess, and even the warframe.market devs report they're unhappy with the system and going to redo it.
  3. Limited number of listings (to get you to pay a subscription fee).
  4. Bloated interface doesn't show enough listings per page.
  5. You have to click on each individual listing to see how long it has been up (listings that have been up for a long time are an indication the riven is overpriced hence why it hasn't sold in a long time).

47 minutes ago, SirJackDaReaper said:

in fact watching trade chat with a filter has always done me better than warframe market ever has. The only exception being rivens which I may use it for later on now that cross save and trade is out.

Trade chat is complete garbage for learning how to price rivens (and for selling them as well).  It's really only good to honeypot new players into selling you crazy good rivens for pennies (hence all the "WTB rivens 30p no reply=nty")

1. Most listings are PMO-style in an attempt to get other people to do the work of pricing the riven for you and/or to try to exploit other players into giving you more than you would otherwise ask for.  Thus completely useless for learning riven pricing since no price is given.
  2. Prices are ungrounded and have no direct basis of comparison.  If someone posts a decent-ish braton riven for 350, you just have to wait until you see a similar quality braton riven some other time to research if they price their riven similarly (lending credibility to the original listed price).

My recommendation for learning riven pricing is riven.market.

1. Unlimited listings for no cost.
  2. Excellent interface for browsing (lots of listings per page, each is compact but includes relevant information such as how long the listing has gone unpurchased)
  3. Excellent filtering (can filter by Last Week or Last Month to get the most accurate recent pricing trends)
  4. Already folds all platforms together
  5. No poorly-implemented Auctions to muddy things up; only direct pricing.

FWIW I also published the full details of my riven pricing for the last nearly 1k sales I've made here.  
I've made and recorded an additional 750 riven sales in the 10 months since I released that post, so I'll be making a new post with the updated dataset shortly.  It might help people learn how to price rivens better to see actual rolls and what they went for.

7 hours ago, sly_squash said:

A lot of this really does seem to come down to ineptitude in pricing rivens.

warframe.market is an OK place to learn riven pricing but not the best IMO. 

1. As you mention, they don't fold all platforms together yet.
  2. Auction-style pricing is a mess, and even the warframe.market devs report they're unhappy with the system and going to redo it.
  3. Limited number of listings (to get you to pay a subscription fee).
  4. Bloated interface doesn't show enough listings per page.
  5. You have to click on each individual listing to see how long it has been up (listings that have been up for a long time are an indication the riven is overpriced hence why it hasn't sold in a long time).

Trade chat is complete garbage for learning how to price rivens (and for selling them as well).  It's really only good to honeypot new players into selling you crazy good rivens for pennies (hence all the "WTB rivens 30p no reply=nty")

1. Most listings are PMO-style in an attempt to get other people to do the work of pricing the riven for you and/or to try to exploit other players into giving you more than you would otherwise ask for.  Thus completely useless for learning riven pricing since no price is given.
  2. Prices are ungrounded and have no direct basis of comparison.  If someone posts a decent-ish braton riven for 350, you just have to wait until you see a similar quality braton riven some other time to research if they price their riven similarly (lending credibility to the original listed price).

My recommendation for learning riven pricing is riven.market.

1. Unlimited listings for no cost.
  2. Excellent interface for browsing (lots of listings per page, each is compact but includes relevant information such as how long the listing has gone unpurchased)
  3. Excellent filtering (can filter by Last Week or Last Month to get the most accurate recent pricing trends)
  4. Already folds all platforms together
  5. No poorly-implemented Auctions to muddy things up; only direct pricing.

FWIW I also published the full details of my riven pricing for the last nearly 1k sales I've made here.  
I've made and recorded an additional 750 riven sales in the 10 months since I released that post, so I'll be making a new post with the updated dataset shortly.  It might help people learn how to price rivens better to see actual rolls and what they went for.

I agree and usually used riven.market, I'm glad to know it's still good. It was my bad for not specifying, I don't use trade chat to price rivens that's just foolish or chaotic, I merely meant the usual things instead. I've also experienced the same things in trade chat, and having not played for a while had forgotten about riven.market despite using it, and your guide will be a nice helpful thing to try out for extra information.